Advice/Help anyone give me feedback on my diary entry

Options
I was wondering if any of you guys and girls out there could give me some feedback on my diary entry today
Idk why but I feel bad about it because I feel like I had alot of carbs... Nd not enough protein so please help also fyi I am intermittent fasting for fat loss I'm trying to lean out and get my body fat low enough for my abs to be visible

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly not a perfect eater lol, but my opinion is yes you need more protein, also your breakfast sounds rather processed, and I think you need more calories. I know you are doing IF, which I have never done, but my understandin of it is that you still eat the right amount of calories, but in a shorter period, fasting most of the day. I don't think you ate enough, thats probably why you had trouble reaching enough protein.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    *double posted* YIKES
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    Actually even your protein goal seems very low, what are your ratios set at? I suggest 40/30/30 carbs/fat/protein
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    From the diary entries I've seen you are not eating enough.

If you keep staying around 1000 calories you are more likely to lose those abs than show em off ;)

Also if you are trying to watch your carbs I would go into "Goals" and manually change your %ages to be more protein friendly.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    You need to be eating a gram of protein for every pound of lean body mass, at least. And I agree that even on IF your calories should be higher. You aren't eating enough to fuel your body, I'm betting, which means your body will eat your muscles instead of letting you add muscle.
  • JulieDerda
    Options
    eat more :) 800- 1100 cals =not sustainable lifestyle.. you can eat more and still lose body fat. infact your body will store fat more if you constantly under eat.
  • AyySixPack
    AyySixPack Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    From the diary entries I've seen you are not eating enough.

If you keep staying around 1000 calories you are more likely to lose those abs than show em off ;)

Also if you are trying to watch your carbs I would go into "Goals" and manually change your %ages to be more protein friendly.
    Oohh noo really I could lose my abs damn!
    Nd thanks for the suggestion I will do that immediately
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    listen, i'm no dietician and i'm certainly not a perfect eater..a look at my diary will tell you that. but, from what i've read and know - you should vary your meals more. i don't see any meat protein from the couple days i looked over. where is your chicken/turkey/pork/beef?

i frequent a message board: 3fatchicks.com.. and i realize at first glance it would seem geared toward only women, and most of it is.. but it's also a huge resource for all kinds of information. they also have a guy's corner of the forum..you might be able to get some advice from guys out there on the front line about how they are losing weight. good luck!
  • AyySixPack
    Options
    Actually even your protein goal seems very low, what are your ratios set at? I suggest 40/30/30 carbs/fat/protein
    Yes I know I usually take more plus I'm out of protein powder :( btw how about 40/30/20 protein/fat/carbs
    are those some good goals
  • AyySixPack
    Options
    eat more :) 800- 1100 cals =not sustainable lifestyle.. you can eat more and still lose body fat. infact your body will store fat more if you constantly under eat.

What do you suggest I eat more like could you give me some meal nd snack ideas please? Nd wow omg really I didn't know that wow maybe thats why I feel as if I am in a plateu or however you spell it cuz I am not eating enough wow
  • sadein
    Options
    Looks like you need to spread your calories out more too. Lots of things play into weight loss and muscle growth. You need to keep your blood sugar level constant. At least eat three, healthy meals per day. Otherwise you're just going to look skinny.
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't do that, assuming you are doing a reasonable amount of exercise you are going to need the carbs for energy, just focus on getting mostly good carbs. I have mine set at 40/30/30 as goals, but often I am under on my fat and over on my protein and carbs. I am happy being over on my protein, but want to cut the carbs a little.
    That being said what i'm doing is working, I certainly don't look like a body builder lol, but I am seeing improvements all the time. My downfall is my drinking I think, but I am getting off topic now haha.
  • AyySixPack
    Options
    You need to be eating a gram of protein for every pound of lean body mass, at least. And I agree that even on IF your calories should be higher. You aren't eating enough to fuel your body, I'm betting, which means your body will eat your muscles instead of letting you add muscle.

Thanks for the advice I will take it into consideration immediately and apply it but since I am IFing isn't my body eating away at my fat storage because I train before I break my fast and train a little more after my fast has been broken
  • obsidianwings
    Options

What do you suggest I eat more like could you give me some meal nd snack ideas please? Nd wow omg really I didn't know that wow maybe thats why I feel as if I am in a plateu or however you spell it cuz I am not eating enough wow

Most of my snacks revolve around tuna, salmon, shrimp, greek yoghurt, cottage cheese, or a mix of some of the above. Protein bars are a nice treat that still help towards the goal to. Check out the "what do your meals look like" threads on here, lots of ideas there.
  • ladybrandy
    ladybrandy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    More protein and green leafy veggies. Less processed foods. Definitely not eating enough calories.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Troll maybe?????
  • obsidianwings
    Options
    Heres the latest what do your meals look like thread for inspiration
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/745064-what-do-your-meals-look-like-let-me-see-pics
    you will be able to get to the older ones from there to.
    I imagine there is probably a group on here for intermittent fasting where they could give you advice to.
  • AyySixPack
    Options

Most of my snacks revolve around tuna, salmon, shrimp, greek yoghurt, cottage cheese, or a mix of some of the above. Protein bars are a nice treat that still help towards the goal to. Check out the "what do your meals look like" threads on here, lots of ideas there.

Thanks for the suggestions that reminds me I have a tub of Chobani nonfat plain yogurt sitting in my fridge I'm gonna snack on that bad boy tomorrow for some protein I wish I could right now but my eating window closed at 7 so I'm currently under my fasting state
  • AyySixPack
    Options
    Heres the latest what do your meals look like thread for inspiration
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/745064-what-do-your-meals-look-like-let-me-see-pics
    you will be able to get to the older ones from there to.
    I imagine there is probably a group on here for intermittent fasting where they could give you advice to.
    Once again thank you
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You can't be serious? I'm not aerfect eater, but every meal should have a veggie, and a serving of fruit daily. And at least 1200 calories. Pizza rolls are definitely not a great choice, maybe on occasion paired with a salad. It's all about balance, but I,honestly think this is a fake post.