At what speed do you walk/run on the treadmill?

Options
124»

Replies

• LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Treadmill is the last of the equipment I use so by the time I get to it I am already pretty tired. I do 3.6 mph at an incline of 7-8. I am looking to increase my incline soon as I have been at that incline for a while.
  • electricmeow
    electricmeow Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't usually run on an incline, but I did today and it wasn't bad.

Warm up 5.3 mph, then vary between 6-7 mph, short sprints of 8.5-9 mph--I sound like I'm breaking the machine haha. But I definitely had to work up to this since March. Used to get so winded just at 5.5 mph
  • mjbell642
    mjbell642 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I struggle if I go over 4.5 jogging, but reading other folks maybe it wiuld be easier if I increased the incline. You folks that go 6 or 7 are amazing. I would go flying off the back. Thank goodness for the emergency pull cord.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    If I'm walking, I'll do incline of 15 and walk between 3.6-4.6

If I'm running/jogging, it'll be between 3.8-6.5 (I can't run long on 6.5 though. Only working up to it).. Incline in any case is always 2.0
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed with everyone! I'm going at turtle speeds apparently. lol!

I usually walk at 2.5 or 3 mph and I "run" at 4 mph. I never use the incline anymore, though I did when I was training for a half marathon. (I was slow at that, too. lol! Took me 4 1/2 hours!)