It's Friday......What are you making for dinner?

Options
Just curious what everyone is having (perhaps to get my own inspiration) so please share!

Replies

• adow
    adow Posts: 13
    Options
    We are having leftover homemade stew from last night. We used to eat out on Fridays, but now to eat healthier we are opting to eat at home more. The challenge is tomorrow night, a football party.
  • loriguegel
    Options
    Ha-ha!! Tomorrow is THE BIG GAME for us too!!! I am going to be making a recipe that I found from another MFP member here it is:

"Hey I made a great dinner last night and thought I would share. It started out as white chicken chili but sort of turned into a Mexican tortilla soup! I slow cooked about a pound of chicken breast in the crock pot w/ a seasoning packet (white chicken chili-McCormick's) w/ a can of white beans, and a large can of diced tomatoes. (if you like it spicy add canned or fresh chopped jalapeños and chilies). I let it cook all day then added a few pinches of cheddar, a tablespoon of ff sour cream and some chopped avocado! Then I added 3 or 4 broken tortilla chips! Next time I am adding cilantro! So delicious! Had it for lunch today too, it makes a lot, still have more when I get home"

GO COWBOYS :drinker:
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    not so healthy...post roast and mashed potatoes. I might try sweet potatoe fries tonight too. :-)
    Good luck!
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm making a light version of chicken piccata. Chicken with lemon juice & capers with some rice or roasted potatoes on the side.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Tonight is most likely a simple vegetarian "tuna" salad, from crushed chickpeas, lite mayo, relish, carrot, celery, and onion on Lebanese pitas.
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    chicken in the crockpot with bbq sauce, mashed potatoes, and a veggie (steamed broccoli or carrots?).
  • DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken salad

or fish and chips :wink:
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I will make a tri-color pasta dish with fresh mushroom, red and orange peppers, red onion, artichokes, garlic, parsley and olive oil. Served with grilled salmon with a little lemon and rosemary. Usually that is enough but if my other family members want more, I will add a fresh salad with homemade raspberry dressing and some whole wheat rolls. We try to always grill on friday nights and usually it is some kind of fish. Also while grilling it is very easy to throw on fresh vegatables, like squash, zucchini, portabella mushrooms or eggplant. Just dust the veggies with a lttile olive oil and seasoning. Hope that gives you some kinda idea!
  • Birdsong
    Options
    Veggie pizzas, maybe with a little turkey pepperoni, fire roasted tomato sauce, reduced fat mozzarella and homemade wheat crust. MMMMM....with a nice glass of Pinto Noir. 2 large slices + 1 glass of wine = around 460 calories, virtually no fat. You can round it out to 500 by adding a side garden salad with light dressing. LOVE Friday night pizza and movies!
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Ha-ha!! Tomorrow is THE BIG GAME for us too!!! I am going to be making a recipe that I found from another MFP member here it is:

"Hey I made a great dinner last night and thought I would share. It started out as white chicken chili but sort of turned into a Mexican tortilla soup! I slow cooked about a pound of chicken breast in the crock pot w/ a seasoning packet (white chicken chili-McCormick's) w/ a can of white beans, and a large can of diced tomatoes. (if you like it spicy add canned or fresh chopped jalapeños and chilies). I let it cook all day then added a few pinches of cheddar, a tablespoon of ff sour cream and some chopped avocado! Then I added 3 or 4 broken tortilla chips! Next time I am adding cilantro! So delicious! Had it for lunch today too, it makes a lot, still have more when I get home"

GO COWBOYS :drinker:

The soup sounds fantastic ! I was looking for something comforting because we are so chilly here. Im a die hard Colts fan but I will cheer for you (Romo's on my fantasy league- just until Peyton comes to town. lol.).
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I will make a tri-color pasta dish with fresh mushroom, red and orange peppers, red onion, artichokes, garlic, parsley and olive oil. Served with grilled salmon with a little lemon and rosemary. Usually that is enough but if my other family members want more, I will add a fresh salad with homemade raspberry dressing and some whole wheat rolls. We try to always grill on friday nights and usually it is some kind of fish. Also while grilling it is very easy to throw on fresh vegatables, like squash, zucchini, portabella mushrooms or eggplant. Just dust the veggies with a lttile olive oil and seasoning. Hope that gives you some kinda idea!

How do you make the raspberry dressing?
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Its gray and rainy here so I'm making a healthier version of sloppy joes and I'm going to try a lower-cal, low-fat bread recipe I found to put it on. Oh, and a great big salad (as usual!).
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I am going out to dinner for a fish fry but am opting for the baked Greek version.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    not so healthy...post roast and mashed potatoes. I might try sweet potatoe fries tonight too. :-)
    Good luck!

mmmmm......I LOVE sweet potato fries!!

Applebee's is making my dinner tonight - I'm thinking a side salad and a cup of their tomato basil soup (yum!) and, of course, a nice cold beer :tongue:
  • DARBYJESSICA
    DARBYJESSICA Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Fridays are my break nights meaning i take a break from the real DINNERs lol so i might do something small like homemade subs or hoagies.. lol
  • loriguegel
    Options
    "The soup sounds fantastic ! I was looking for something comforting because we are so chilly here. Im a die hard Colts fan but I will cheer for you (Romo's on my fantasy league- just until Peyton comes to town. lol.). "

I checked out your profile and see we have a lot in common, i.e: "We are football fans in this house. Period. No need to explain. Lots of yelling, fragrant language, jumping, and .....BEER. (Yet another reason to get my butt to the gym) "

Sounds just like us!! LOL That's awesome!! Thanks for the support, we're playing Eagles again....
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I did a ham & cheese frittata, a side salad, and a cooker of rice.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Roasted chicken with onion, garlic and rosemary
    steamed green beans
    french baguette with real butter mmmmmmmmm
  • tracylea_2003
    Options
    We are baving baked tilapia with lots of cooked veggies and some brown rice! Yummy!!! I love the days that we have fish!!
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Raspberry dressing - my basic dressing recipe is crushed garlic with sea salt. I use two parts vinager to one part olive oil. (A little tart so you can ajust). that is my basic dressing then I add to it. It seems the family likes the raspberry the best. I crush the raspberries and add to the basic dressing. I have also used strawberries and mango. If I don't want a sweet dressing then I will add lemon and fresh seasoning such as basil, rosemary or thyme. Also if I need a creamy dressing I add creek yogurt to it. I found this so much better that the store bought dressing. Let me know if you try and what you think.