It's Friday......What are you making for dinner?

Options

Replies

• cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Roasted chicken with onion, garlic and rosemary
    steamed green beans
    french baguette with real butter mmmmmmmmm

REAL butter....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:love:
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Wow, chicken picatta, capers, lebonese pitas, portabella mushrooms, homemade raspberry vinigrette, artichokes !

I just took a chicken breast out of the freezer :) Good thing I dont have to cook for a family, looks like I'd have to up my game.
    Love to hear what others are eating and I do enjoying cooking, but cooking for one is sometimes difficult and then again sometimes it is very simple. Chicken and veggies can't get any easier than that.
    I'm just starting this ( 4 days) so I eat very basic at the beginning until I see some weight coming off then I can get more creative once I have more of a routine and see how my body is reacting.
    Thanks for sharing , I love this site it has been very motivating and lots of great input!
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Raspberry dressing - my basic dressing recipe is crushed garlic with sea salt. I use two parts vinager to one part olive oil. (A little tart so you can ajust). that is my basic dressing then I add to it. It seems the family likes the raspberry the best. I crush the raspberries and add to the basic dressing. I have also used strawberries and mango. If I don't want a sweet dressing then I will add lemon and fresh seasoning such as basil, rosemary or thyme. Also if I need a creamy dressing I add creek yogurt to it. I found this so much better that the store bought dressing. Let me know if you try and what you think.

Thanks so much. Im so making a batch tonight. Ive got a bunch of fresh herbs and different vinigars and oils so im going to see what I can build on your basic recipe...you rock!
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just chicken and veggies tonight, and a huge salad. I dont get a cheat day until Valentines.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I am happy for this topic because Friday night is always hard for me. My guy likes to get pizza on friday nights! :grumble: There was a time a few mths back that I could make myself a salad and sit with my family at the table and not touch the pizza (I did hate my family for the 30-45 mins or so they were eating, but it was alright :bigsmile: ) now however I am not as strong as I was right before I fell off the wagon. I am trying to stay on track but the weekend is sooooo hard!

I made a turkey last night and I think I will make something with that yummy turkey meat for dinner tonight before my man gets home. That way he will have dinner on the table for him before he can call in the evil pizza! :devil: That is my plan at least! Wish me luck!
  • pbenison
    pbenison Posts: 102
    Options
    Homemade vegetable beef soup in the cockpot. Cut the meat lean (bad butcher left too much fat!), and using as much fresh and frozen vegetables as possible to control sodium (versus from can). Comfort food for a COLD night!

Have a good weekend :smile:
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    [
    Thanks so much. Im so making a batch tonight. Ive got a bunch of fresh herbs and different vinigars and oils so im going to see what I can build on your basic recipe...you rock!

Thank you! Let me know.
  • Shrimpy
    Shrimpy Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm making spicy sweetcorn soup. It has coconut milk in it (reduced fat though) so probably not the healthiest of dinners but it is -12C here and supposed to be getting colder so I need some warmth in my belly!!!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    The kids and DH are eating pizza. I hate them! I used to join them for the pizza, but can't eat it anymore because of milk allergies. I did have a moment of hope when staring at the organic freezer section, because there was an Amy's pizza made with soy cheese, but it still had milk proteins in it. Damn Damn and Double Damn.

I have no idea what I'm eating. Nothing sounds as good as pizza, lol...

I do have some leftover rotisserie chicken. And there's some ham in the fridge. I guess I'll just have whatever I scrape together.
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Reading that everyone else is making healthy selections, I feel really bad. My hubby and I always make Friday our night out after a long week of work. But I will be watching what I eat the rest of the day, trying to make the healthiest selection I can at the restaurant and exercising when I get home:blushing: .
  • Jdevine214
    Jdevine214 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    "The soup sounds fantastic ! I was looking for something comforting because we are so chilly here. Im a die hard Colts fan but I will cheer for you (Romo's on my fantasy league- just until Peyton comes to town. lol.). "

I checked out your profile and see we have a lot in common, i.e: "We are football fans in this house. Period. No need to explain. Lots of yelling, fragrant language, jumping, and .....BEER. (Yet another reason to get my butt to the gym) "

Sounds just like us!! LOL That's awesome!! Thanks for the support, we're playing Eagles again....

Go Patriots!!!!
  • breezysoul
    breezysoul Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Enchilada casserole with whole grain tortillas, some lowfat cream soups, cooked chicken, lowfat cheese, and taco sauce layered and put into a 9x13 pan.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    The kids and DH are eating pizza. I hate them! I used to join them for the pizza, but can't eat it anymore because of milk allergies. I did have a moment of hope when staring at the organic freezer section, because there was an Amy's pizza made with soy cheese, but it still had milk proteins in it. Damn Damn and Double Damn.

I do have some leftover rotisserie chicken. And there's some ham in the fridge. I guess I'll just have whatever I scrape together.

Have you thought about making a pizza without the cheese? I've been making our own family pizzas for a few months now and we use so little cheese that I just started leaving it off and everyone still loves them. I use chopped up sundried tomatoes, black olives, sliced tomatoes and chopped fresh italian parsley instead...try it! You might find you are ok without the cheese..
  • mdale2
    mdale2 Posts: 79
    Options
    I think I'll be making some form of shrimp stir fry for myself (AKA whatever's laying about in the freezer that needs to be used) - I'm eating alone tonight. Fiance is working late and will be getting dinner out...

I'm also making a pot of New England clam chowdah tonight. Bought 2 pounds of Quahog clams (just like Family Guy), some heavy cream, potatoes, white wine, onions and the whole she-bang. This will be the first time I've made this stuff truly from scratch - I usually just buy canned clams and juice....BUT...since I've got some time on my hands and the Quahogs were cheap, I'll give it a shot.

It's it's worthwhile, I'll post the recipe.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

Have you thought about making a pizza without the cheese? I've been making our own family pizzas for a few months now and we use so little cheese that I just started leaving it off and everyone still loves them. I use chopped up sundried tomatoes, black olives, sliced tomatoes and chopped fresh italian parsley instead...try it! You might find you are ok without the cheese..

I thought about it for about 2 seconds... But I'm a cheese addict. This milk allergy is killing me! Maybe a month or two down the road, and I can be happy trying it. But for right now, nope. Thanks though, for the thoughtful idea.
  • NicoleMikluscak
    Options
    Beef Lo Mein!
    Using a lean cut of beef and whole wheat pasta - tons of veggies! yum!
  • astewart67
    Options
    Pineapple Chicken on baked medium-grain brown rice.

Pineapple Chicken:
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pineapple-Chicken/Detail.aspx

Baked Brown Rice:
    8" glass baking pan
    1.5 cups medium or short grain brown rice into pan
    1T unsalted butter
    1t kosher salt
    Att butter and salt to 2.5 cups, bring to a boil
    Pour boiling water into pan
    Cover tightly with foil
    Bake at 375 for 1 hour
    Fluff rice
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    3 ounces of salmon and 2 cups of broccoli with raw garlic!
    8 ounces of white wine :wink:

(pretty much eat all day I know this sounds really small)
  • kaitlynsmom
    kaitlynsmom Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Veggie Salad Rolls with a little bit of hosin sauce.
  • aag1030
    aag1030 Posts: 25
    Options
    Im a die hard Colts fan but I will cheer for you (Romo's on my fantasy league- just until Peyton comes to town. lol.).

We're making tilapia filets with some wild rice & veggies...

Don't want to turn this into a football post but GO COLTS!!! :bigsmile:

Happy Playoffs everyone!!!!