Question (for women): Do you "gain weight" on your period?

Options
124»

Replies

• Blackbird16
    Options
    Yeah I do, but its all gone once it finished aha
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    yup 2 lbs! every fricken time! its just water weight cuz its gone right after
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I gain 3-4 pounds before. My waistline grows 3-4 cms (more than an inch) every time, Usually I start to loose after the 3. day.
  • lyndyb88
    lyndyb88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Earlier, I checked my weight on the scale and was surprised to see that I gained a pound since I last checked my weight (the day before the start of my period) despite the fact that I never ate over my calorie deficit. D: So I am wondering if it could be because of my period.

You retain water during this time of the month, so yes the weight gain is most likely a result of your period. I generally don't gain anything while I'm on mine, I gain the week before.
  • jewelmarie793
    jewelmarie793 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    yes! i can gain anywhere from 5-8 pounds and then poof! its gone when my periods over
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    That part of my life is over, but I remember that I would gain in the few days before menses, then lose it the first few days of flow.
  • mkzara
    mkzara Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have come to realize that the week before my period I can eat like a crazy person (and I do because I am hungry ALL the time when I am PMSing) and not gain that much weight. My weight will change by a lb or so.

Then I have my period and it will stay there, and when the bloating goes down, I might lose the little weight I put on and then some.

This month I gained .7lbs from the craziness of my period, but then lost 2lbs, after it was all over.

But the bloating is just gross. I feel like my midsection is so ridiculously gross when I have it. It truly looks like my eggo is preggo.
  • neasha27
    Options
    Cycle started yesterday and of course I wouldnt dare weigh myself during the time of the month; it defeats the purpose because of the bloating. Not to mention I eat more during this time but I make sure to drink tons of water; I have noticed I lose a lb or 2 after my period.
  • worzelgummidge
    Options
    Yes. I gain heaps but if you stick to your goals then after your period it should be a pleasant surprise on the scales because you have lost the menstrual gain as well as your actual weight loss.
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Oh honey! I gain 3 to 5 every time and breathe a huge sigh of relief when it drops off the day after Flo leaves.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    you only gain 1 pound? lucky! i gained 6 pounds on my last period!!
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I've noticed with mine that I don't gain any weight... I just don't lose it during that week like I usually do. After it was over on Fri and I weighed in on Sun, I'd "only" lost 1 lb for that week. The following week I lost SIX.. yeah. If that's the way to lose weight, I'd *almost* allow ToM every other week LOL