Siberian Husky Lovers/Owners

Options
I am looking for like minded lovers or owners of siberian huskies to be friends with. As you can see I have 3 of them. They are my babies. I have one friend already who owns huskies, but would love to find some more to talk with about them and share stories.

Replies

• malicent
    Options
    Omg I LOVE huskies. Can I have one? I need a walking/jogging partner.
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I love my baby Maverick, you can see him relaxing on the back of my couch, or his couch really.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    I really really want a husky bro of my own, if that counts..
  • HuskyMan3
    HuskyMan3 Posts: 527 Member
    Options

Sorry not sure what u mean
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

Haha my family always called our dogs "brothers" instead of "furry children" so when I refer to my dog (A chocolate lab) I refer to him as my chocolate bro.

Using that logic, I said 'husky bro' to illustrate how I would love to own and train a husky of my own because those dogs are the best.

I suppose..that didnt make much sense without the backstory, right? heh..heh...eh...heh...
  • HuskyMan3
    Options

Haha my family always called our dogs "brothers" instead of "furry children" so when I refer to my dog (A chocolate lab) I refer to him as my chocolate bro.

Using that logic, I said 'husky bro' to illustrate how I would love to own and train a husky of my own because those dogs are the best.

I suppose..that didnt make much sense without the backstory, right? heh..heh...eh...heh...

ok gotcha now. They are great dogs
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    KodAkuraMacKyen Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Oooo Oooooo! Pick me! Pick me! I've got 3 Huskies and 1 black lab.
  • HuskyMan3
    Options

Hey ding dong, we are already friends. You were the one I was talking about in the post
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    Options
    I love my baby Maverick, you can see him relaxing on the back of my couch, or his couch really.

That is such a cute pic! Wowza! He is beautiful!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

ok gotcha now. They are great dogs

seriously. I know several people that have huskies and..for some reason.. all of them have this unique personality. They're so awesome. Every single husky is different that I have interacted with, and they're so badass.
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    Options

Hey ding dong, we are already friends. You were the one I was talking about in the post

I know ding dong that was for everyone else!
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    She passed away last sunday, was 13 years old :frown:
    HeidiInTheSnow.jpg
    IMG_2488.jpg
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a husky again but I live in Florida now and that seems cruel. I have seen only two of them since moving here almost 10 years ago. It's too hot here for me. I can't imagine it for a husky. Y'all are lucky people that have them. What a loyal companion!
  • HuskyMan3
    Options
    HeidiInTheSnow.jpg
    IMG_2488.jpg

Oh man, I am so sorry. My oldest is 10 1/2 and I cannot imagine my life without her. She is my baby and I know I will be crushed when she does pass. I can only imagine how u feel. So sorry
  • KodAkuraMacKyen
    Options
    HeidiInTheSnow.jpg
    IMG_2488.jpg

Oh my god! I'm so sorry for your loss. She is absolutely gorgeous.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I plan to get one as soon as I pay off my car.
  • Nerdinista
    Nerdinista Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Funny, tonight I'm going to go meet some husky puppies and maybe take one home. Tomorrow I might be a husky owner! :bigsmile:
  • HuskyMan3
    Options
    I plan to get one as soon as I pay off my car.

they are wonderful. If you have any questions about them, let me know. There is a lot that goes into owning one
  • lmdee73
    Options
    @ChrisRS87.....soooo sorry. She was beautiful!

We lost our Alaskan Malamute a few years back as a puppy.....that was hard enough and I don't even want to think about when we lose our "Oreo" dog....just like losing family.

:(
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    Huskies are my absolute favorite breed of dog, EVER. I've had them at various points in my life, grew up around them, and love what they offer life. UNFORTUNATELY, they just are not apartment dogs, so I don't currently have one. I couldn't coop such a wonderful animal into such a small living space.

SO... instead... I am owned by a keeshond, they have the same energy level, loyalty and intelligence. HOWEVER, they are smaller and adapt to apartment life better. They are another northern breed.... Really... love all the northern breeds, european and Alaskan/Canadian.