Friday mini rant

Options

Replies

• treineck
    treineck Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    my mini rant: i hate when people make forum posts about what they hate that other people do that doesnt effect them
    :laugh: I like that you said this ^ - I was thinking it!
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Does it annoy anyone else when they see people posting things like "is eating 1200 calories enough...I'm so stuffed everyday I can barely eat it all?"

I do sometimes find it difficult to consume my 1,200-1,240 calories/day considering I choose foods with plenty of nutritional value -- fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, good fats in modest amounts. The more nutritional the food, the more I seem to have to eat to meet my goal. Sure, I could consume my daily calories in 3 cream-filled doughnuts, but then I'd be HUNGRY. ;) And my body wouldn't be nutritionally fed.
    like really?? how did you get fat then? Cause I'm pretty sure that if you were only munching down 1200 calories a day you would not be fat.

I haven't always consumed 1,200-1,240 calories per day, nor have I always eaten almost exclusively healthy food; hence, the weight gain.
    Also who hates ALL exercise??

I do happen to loathe exercise for exercise's sake. Exercise by any other name -- walking to the library, gardening, rollerbladding, mowing the lawn -- this I thoroughly enjoy it.
  • RougeIllusion
    RougeIllusion Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for indulging my rant, even the people that think I need to chill out and shut up...lol...I DID post this as a rant...in my defense :wink:
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Thanks for indulging my rant, even the people that think I need to chill out and shut up...lol...I DID post this as a rant...in my defense :wink:

I want to personally thank you for enjoying my rant.

The fact that we have enjoyed each other's rant, is in my opinion mutually beneficial.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    maybe those are the people who weren't "fat" to begin with, no? Maybe they are just here to get and/or maintain healthy living... just a thought...
  • skyeliz525
    skyeliz525 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My mini rant:

Lose is a different word from loose.

If you lose something you no longer have it.
    If something is loose it needs to be tightened.

I'm not saying that my grammar or spelling is anywhere close to perfect. It just makes me cringe.

Carry on:tongue:

^^^^This, exactly!

And there and their.
    and here and hear.
    and quite and quiet.
    oh, the list goes on and on...but the main one omfp is loose and lose, I agree!!!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Speak for yourself. I've eaten a whole lettuce leaf today and I'm super stuffed. That's really all the food I need. I can't wait to get my It Works! Body Wrap tonight.

Looking forward to dinner! Diet water and a 100-calorie snack pack of oreo dust
    If you eat the Oreo dust with a spoon, you eat slower and you feel full faster. So you'll lose more weight.

Make sure you put the spoon down in between each mouthfull.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I hate it when someone writes something quite condescendingly patronising and vile then when someone else protests they claim it was just a joke and everyone else thought it was funny"
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The only reason I am annoyed with people who say they are 'stuffed' with 1200 cals is because I don't think I have EVER felt full on 1200 cals! I am jealous!

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!

Try consuming eight ounces of salad mix with 3 ounces of fish or chicken sauteed in one tablespoon of olive oil and topped with fresh lemon juice and herbs twice a day along with other fruits and vegetables for snacks and some greek yogurt and toast for breakfast. Maybe you too will feel full at 1200 calories... Each person on here is doing the best that they can and everyone has a different mix that is going to work for them... I just get tired of people not wanting to change what they are doing if it isn't working for them...
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I hate it when someone writes something quite condescendingly patronising and vile then when someone else protests they claim it was just a joke and everyone else thought it was funny"

I understand, but that is the internet.

You can't stop em, so you get thick skinned.

While I agree that this site should try and stay as motivational as possible (because there are PLENTY of other boards for trolling)

You have to understand that, that is the reality of the internet.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    They're not actually "stuffed" at 800 calories.

They're terrified of eating anything that isn't "lite" or "low cal". They're scared of eating real food, and enough of it. When hunger overcomes the fear, the pendulum will swing back the other way.

Hate to say it but I lived through this myself and it sucks.
    Speak for yourself. I've eaten a whole lettuce leaf today and I'm super stuffed. That's really all the food I need. I can't wait to get my It Works! Body Wrap tonight.

I ate 1/2 a leaf of lettuce and 9 ice cubes
    9 ice cubes???? You're going to get fat!
    Coca-Cola or Pepsi Ice cubes?
  • Mendelianparakeets
    Options
    I suppose it is possible. When I first started counting my calories, I realized that I wasn't necessarily overeating as far as calories go, but I was eating a lot of "empty" foods that just met my daily intake or, in some rare cases, came short of it.

But that's why counting puts it all into perspective, I guess.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    The only reason I am annoyed with people who say they are 'stuffed' with 1200 cals is because I don't think I have EVER felt full on 1200 cals! I am jealous!

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!

Yup, same here. Even when I am eating clean. and piling on the veggies, I easily get through 1800 calories a day, and am not stuffed. And that is from someone who has never been clinically overweight, and who used to be anorexic (irony that now I cannot easily limit my food intake). Add in treat foods, and I can top 4000, lol but I try not to do that too often. Fortunately, my goal is generally at least 2600 after exercise, to maintain weight. I could categorically not do 1200 calories now, even with a lot of protein.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    must be eating all those negative calorie foods
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options

Looking forward to dinner! Diet water and a 100-calorie snack pack of oreo dust
    If you eat the Oreo dust with a spoon, you eat slower and you feel full faster. So you'll lose more weight.

I like you!
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!

Try consuming eight ounces of salad mix with 3 ounces of fish or chicken sauteed in one tablespoon of olive oil and topped with fresh lemon juice and herbs twice a day along with other fruits and vegetables for snacks and some greek yogurt and toast for breakfast. Maybe you too will feel full at 1200 calories... Each person on here is doing the best that they can and everyone has a different mix that is going to work for them... I just get tired of people not wanting to change what they are doing if it isn't working for them...

My point was I just LOVE eating! Healthy foods, crappy foods, drinks, salads, carrots, pies, buffets, apples, and that meal you wrote above, sounds fabulous! It all tastes so good, I could eat forever and ever and ever and EVER!!!!:love:
  • Tayilcious
    Options
    I get full on 1200 calories.. Maybe it's because before I used to eat until I was sick and that's how I got fat. Now I'm barely ever hungry and force myself to eat.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    my mini rant: i hate when people make forum posts about what they hate that other people do that doesnt effect them

mini rant: I hate it when people make a forum reply about when people make a forum posts about what they hate that other people do that doesn't effect them

1fe8747f.jpg
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I hate HATE, just LOVE n be chilled!!!

Don`t worry be happy yay!!!
  • KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    With arthritis and asthma (both caused by being obese and will probably get better when I am not) ALMOST all exercises are either painful or dangerous (including walking.) When I got serious about losing weight I chose to find one I could do. (Swimming, btw) And I LOVE it.
    People who sit and complain about hating ALL exercises have given up looking.

I have felt VERY FULL at <1000 calories. But, I know exactly why. I was not accustomed to drinking so much WATER. I needed to balance getting food in verses water timing-wise. Eat healthy food, then drink, but drink first if cravings for bad food were hitting.

Complaining is everyone's right, but if you CAN fix it and choose not to...well, then you are an idiot and should put up or shut up.