What's your most embarrassing moment at the gym?

Options
Thought we could all laugh at ourselves for a moment...

At the gym I was happily doing situps on the pilates ball when somehow the ball slipped away and I fell flat on my butt. I quickly looked around hoping that no one saw me. No such luck, this guy was laughing hysterically at me... it did not stopped me though.

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Once, I walked by a smith machine on my way to the squat rack. Someone walked up to it at the same time and asked if I was using it.
  • JNC1987
    Options
    I was looking all around a weigh machine to lower the seat, i must have walked around it three or four times before sitting down and looking for another minute or too when finally someone took pity on me and came over and said here pull this yellow handle. It was a big yellow bolt like handle right in the open on a white and gray machine. opps lol
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    OK... this never happened to me, but... I went to yoga classes with my friend a few years ago, and there were a lot of older ladies in the class... and well, you might see where this is going. But almost every class, it would be totally silent and we'd be holding a pose... and someone would let one rip. It would echo across the silent room and my friend and I would have to hold our breath to keep from laughing. I'm sure the lady who was tooting was mortified... but it was so hard not to laugh.
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I had signed up to do an indoor triatholon. Being my first, I was unfamiliar with the protocol. This, on top of never doin any real lap swimming before, I was kinda nervous. So, when it came time for my heat, i jumped in the pool and did my best to get acclimated to the temperature. Then, I heard the whistle and took off like a shot! I was halfway down the length of the pool before I realized, I was the only one out there- the whistle was only blown to get everyones attention so he could go over the rules and such.

FAIL! lol
  • mommyfauc
    mommyfauc Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Lol @ igoulaypond. this is the reason i will NOT do yoga! i am SO afraid i'll toot! or if someone else does i won't be able to stop laughing!!
  • rebasporty
    rebasporty Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Lol @ igoulaypond. this is the reason i will NOT do yoga! i am SO afraid i'll toot! or if someone else does i won't be able to stop laughing!!

It is a natural body function, however...it can make people giggle. That too is my fear! :happy:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Not tying my trunks tight before diving from the high platform, needless to say the moment I hit the water I was de-panted. The old ladies at the shallow end doing water Aerobics got a little bit more than they bargained for that day.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Every time I go - my clothes are completely drenched by the time I'm done - aside from a small circular section on the mid-lower buttox area and a strip of dry across the front of my bra.

Sexy! :love:

NOT!
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    First time using the elliptical machine I went to take a drink of water lost my stride and damn near fell off. Of course I was with a friend so we were both cracking up.
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Probably the time I nearly passed out after getting off of the elliptical. I realized I was feeling woozy, walked away and across the basketball floor to the locker room, drank some water and then laid down with my knees up. Took about 5 minutes and I felt just fine. I promptly left after that. Really sucked.
  • BRenkwell
    BRenkwell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've actually done the fall flat on your face on the treadmill and have it move you backwards into the machine behind you thing. Not exactly a fun experience in my college gym filled with hot guys and tiny little gorgeous girls in spandex. It was a loud boom. :(
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I was doing prone jackknifes on the exercise ball when my shirt came all the way up my head. One of the cute trainer saw me.
  • HelloImKelsey
    HelloImKelsey Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Im not sure what the machine is called but theres a weight machine at my gym and what you do is you kneel on a cushion and pull yourself up and down using these bars attached to the side of the machine. My little skinny friend did it before me and once she was done she convinced me to try it. Little did I know you were supposed to set your weight so when you prop yourself on the cushion you dont go flying down to the floor. My friend had it set to 130 pounds. Me being nearly 200 fell to the ground with a huge crash and everyone looking over.
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Running circuits round the matted area of our gym is usual for us,was doing one such circuit with the group one day with a couple of lads wearing sweat suits to cut weight for fights,as i ran round the matts went for an overtake slipped on a patch of sweat and took three people down with me
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I forgot where I was and started singing along to my iPod. Luckily it was pretty quiet there but it did give a couple of people a good giggle. *Note: I sound like a dying seagull when I sing* :blushing:
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Went to Montreal a while ago. Went to my friends(newbie) gym and was going to do my chest routine. Didn't know that the weights there were in kg and not in lbs. So I set up my bench and put "120lbs" on the bar. Get ready to do my chest work out and I lifted it off the bar and I couldn't push it up. Like at all. I'm stressing out and I started to shout out my friends name. Some people heard me rush to my help and got 3 people to lift it off.

Friend notices me with a bunch of people and asks me what happened. -_-

I smack him across the head tell him what happened and we laughed it off. Finished my workout after that. :laugh:
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    definately letting loose a room clearing fart... I keep running to pretend it wasn't me but it's obvious that something died in my butt the closer you get to the source
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I've had three good ones I'd like to share if you don't mind. (I am totally clumsy)

1. I was working my triceps using the pulldown bar and on the way up, I knocked myself in the head (saw a guy do this to himself the other day also so I know it's a recurring thing in the gym)

2. Was trying to perform a prone jacknife and mid way through the ball slipped and I fell on my face with butt straight up in the air. I don't think anyone saw that.

3. Was busy hitting the punching bag and the chain holding it up came loose, causing the bag to fall with this super loud clanking noise that caused everyone else in the gym to stop and stare. Didn't help that I squealed like a little b*tch because it terrified me!

*bonus* This was ALMOST an embarrassing situation for me

I was swimming laps and the tie strings on both sides of my swimsuit bottoms came loose. With nothing to hold them, the bottoms started to slip off of me. To make it worse, I was in the middle of the 6ft and didn't have a wall to hold onto so to tie the strings.. Thirdly, I was swimming laps in a lane between two older gentlemen who could probably see my struggling to keep my shame. Thank goodness I clenched my legs tight until I got to shallow waters. I was almost out of my poor bottoms!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    going for a PR on deadlifts and farted real loud:embarassed:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    My trainer suggested I use the bigger sandbell and throw it up in the air.

I forgot to let go.

It smacked me in the face. \o/