When to give up the baggy clothes.

Options
124»

Replies

• xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am amazed at the selection available at consignment and second hand stores not that I am size large. When I was XXL, i didn't even bother looking.
  • emnk5308
    Options
    Thrift stores! =) If you are worried about maintaining your new weight.. you have to give up baggy clothes! They make it harder for you to tell when it starts to come back.. O.o or somewhere back in your subconscious you'll know you have baggy clothes and it'll be easier for you to put that weight back. =/

SO, get rid of them and go to the thrift store! =)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I like all the other posters suggestions, but would also suggest looking into Project 333 so you can think about how versatile your wardrobe can be ... just google it. I am carefully adding clothes at my goal weight right now.

I wish we had a MFP clearing house where we could send all our clothes as we "under grow" them. Right now Goodwill, Salvation Army and a few church thrift stores will have to do!
  • mon1mac2
    mon1mac2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I finally had to buy new shirts because the necklines were so big they were falling down when I worked out and showing the girls to the world! But it looks like my "new" clothes won't fit whenever I hold them up lol. It took me months to get enough never to order non plus size clothes.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Yes, baggy clothes make you look bigger. I have dropped a couple of sizes.....started before MFP......Don't want to buy NEW clothes at retail prices....don't know how long I can wear them with all my success :) ~~ So, what do you do?

Bring them in to get altered ... cost little compared to buying new clothing.
  • meredithgainey
    meredithgainey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Go to yard sales or check craigslist for some usd clothes cheap
  • aqua_marine_light
    Options
    I haven't read all the comments on this, so I may be repeating what someone else said. If you have any "big" clothes that are still in good shape that you would like to keep, have them altered to fit you. Idk if there is a CATO near you or not, but I buy all my clothes there(on their clearance racks)! I know it's tough times right now, for pretty much everyone.....maybe you could take a couple of pieces to a seemstress at a time, and buy a couple of items on sale every so often. You could sell what you have that you don't want to help with the cost of the new clothes.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    For me...clearance racks!! I tell everyone Clearance is my favorite designer! I've found some great bargins!! Got a denim skirt for $1.99 at JC Penny's, cords for $5, and a black jacket for $1.99!! Just gotta search!
  • Platypusimus
    Platypusimus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hah! I am still mostly wearing the too baggy pants and shirts - but the problem is that my pants are always slipping when I wear them. I HATE shopping, even if it means I am getting smaller clothes - but needs must.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Give up the clothes when you start to feel sloppy. Clothes that fit help keep you motivated. Consignment shops have been really the best place for me to shop...especially the high end shops--clothes I couldn't afford new...but slightly used-perfect!

Totally agree. It's awesome motivation to wear something that fits.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!