I want to eat a cupcake!! :(

Options
I am so sick of dieting. I am happy with the increased ability to be physically active and really actually enjoy at least walking or jogging daily.... but I am so sick of dieting!

Apparently my partner of 18 months has told me I am crankier since dieting and no doubt!! I used to use food to moderate my mood and I don't do that anymore. Anyhow the point of todays post is simple today I feel like chocolate or a cupcake!

Replies

• Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    So have one? Speaking as a fellow Whittle, if you deny yourself the chances are much higher that you will fail... so make a space for it and have one. Diet is not a thing to pick up and put down, it's just what you eat every day....As always, i'll have a pizza tomorrow :) and I won't feel guilty about it.

Sarah Louise
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    eat it.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    So eat ONE!!
  • trkilpatrick
    trkilpatrick Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    AGREED!!! Have a cupcake once in a while LOG IT and then continue on in your healthy ways!
    you did not gain weight by eating one cupcake, it was many decisions over time. Vice versa will be the same...
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    So have a piece of chocolate or a cupcake!

IMO~nothing should be off limits, do you expect to go the rest of your life without eating certain foods you enjoy??

Edit: I have peanut M & M's almost every day!!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    eat it! Just budget for it in your calories.

I have a BIG snickers ice cream bar budgeted into my calories today so I can have dessert! :-)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    HAVE ONE!, I am having a beer, screw it!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Oh my days! just eat one, what is it 170 cals 200 cals, it is not the end of the world!!!!

You have got to live your life with a little bit of something to enjoy :)
  • linda1243
    Options
    omg, now i want cupcake.
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Then just eat one! It's all about proportion.
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm with the previous posters - get a cupcake! Just get one that is high quality and enjoy it, don't get a crappy one that will leave you unsatisfied.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    that is why dieting is not the best way to go, do a life style change to healthier food. Don't deny your self anything just have them in moderation and be aware of your calorie intake with them. One cupcake won't break your "diet" but eating a bunch will not be good.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You could split one with someone...
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Im confused why can't you have a cupcake? I love them, the place called cupcake mania makes non traditional flavors, love them!!!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Work it in to your calories for the day and have one! Consider it a life style change and not the dreaded 4 letter word. It's not terrible to treat yourself to stuff like that, as long as you work hard and make it fit into your overall plan. Some days I splurge and go over but I get right back on track the next day.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    So.... eat a freaking cupcake and quit dieting. Eat within your cals and all is good... I've not been cranky at all and in fact have been ahppier than ever. I eat enough, I exercise and changes are happening. The only thing I've really changed is portion size and more healthy food...
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    If you can make it fit in your calorie goal, eat one. You could cut it in half, eat half of it. You could even cut it in half and take off half the frosting on that half. Or take the frosting off completely. Or eat the whole cupcake but half the frosting. Or just eat the whole damn thing.

You can still eat desserts, just in moderation.
  • Mustlovepugs11
    Options
    Eat one! I made some with my son the other night. I will say that I enjoyed eating one with him! You can eat anything in moderation! Don't torture yourself!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Have one! You can't deny yourself treats for the rest of your life. One cupcake isn't too bad. If you make them yourself they're generally better too.

I've got the Hummingbird bakery recipe book and sometimes make cupcakes if we're going to a party or something, and I eat one. If I make them just for us I don't put frosting on them.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So have a cupcake. Just don't have 5 or 6 cupcakes all at once.

ETA: If you like to eat cupcakes every day but don't have the calories, you could make mini-cupcakes using a mini-muffin pan.