Going to jail

Replies

• Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    I live in Bavaria, and they just passed a law here that gas stations are allowed to sell alcoholic beverages to "travellers" after 22:00. This law means that gas stations canNOT sell alcohol to pedestrians and bicyclists, as those are not considered travellers; they can, however, sell beer to vehicle drivers, as those ARE "travellers" in their logic.

Not only does it make no sense whatsoever to allow car drivers to drink (as a consequence), it also increases traffic as all "non-travellers" now get out their cars and drive up to the gas stations if they want to buy alcohol.

Well done, Bavarian government #sarcasm
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    In Texas....

Its illegal to take more than 3 sips of beer at a time while standing.... WTF>

It is illegal to milk another person’s cow.

A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed. You are really a dumb criminal if you do this.

When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.

and my 2 favorites... please excuse the naughtiness of it.

Up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six *kitten*.

It’s illegal to possess realistic *kitten*.
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Man, I live now in Saudi Arabia... I am sure you dont really want to know which are the zillion reasons you could go to jail!!! Really!
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    I live in Missouri, we cant use a horse and carriage to move anything late at night (actually we're technically not allowed to move after dark because of this) LOL!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Ok; 1 for Oregon, Yes, the gas is true to employ people because we have no economy here..the second, it is a hanging offense to steal a mans horse.
  • xabcdefgee
    xabcdefgee Posts: 41 Member
    California:
    Fresno - No one may annoy a lizard in a city park.
    Glendale - It is illegal to jump into a passing car.
    Hollywood - It is illegal to drive more than two thousand sheep down Hollywood Boulevard at one time.
    Palm Springs - It is illegal to walk a camel down Palm Canyon Drive between the hours of four and six PM.
    San Francisco - It is illegal to wipe one’s car with used underwear.
    - Persons classified as “ugly” may not walk down any street.
    - It is illegal to pile horse manure more than six feet high on a street corner.
    - Prohibits elephants from strolling down Market Street unless they are on a leash.
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    I live in missouri and some of our laws are

It is a crime to catch more than 8 bullfrogs in one day
    low fat cat food can have no more than 10% fat
    it is illegal to let blind or deformed animals run at large
    Buckner mo: frightening a baby is in violation of the law
    St louis: a milkman cannot run while on duty
    clotheslines are banned but you can hang them over a fence
  • sbduvall
    sbduvall Posts: 42 Member
    Oregon:

Babies may not be carried on the running boards of a car.
    A door on a car may not be left open longer than is necessary. (Who decides?)
    Dishes must drip dry. (Really....oops)
    It is illegal to whisper “dirty” things in your lover’s ear during sex.
    Ice cream may not be eaten on Sundays.
    In Myrtle Creek - One may not box with a kangaroo (???? there aren't any here...wait...who would?)
    In Portland - People may not whistle underwater.
    In Stanfield - It is against the law for animals to have sex in the city limits.
    In Florence (my hometown) - It is illegal for minors to have sex inside the city limits. AND there is a rumor that there is a law still on the books (because they were too lazy to remove it) that "people of color must be outside the city limits by dusk." (WOW, racist much?)
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Texas

Up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six *kitten*. (Wait, what?)
    It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
    It is illegal to milk another person’s cow.
    A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
    Homosexual behavior is a misdemeanor offense.
    The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.
    One must acknowledge a supreme being before being able to hold public office.
    A program has been created in the state that attempts to control the weather.
    When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.
    It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.

Dallas
    It’s illegal to possess realistic *kitten*. (What's the fascination with *kitten*?)

Lubbock County
    It is illegal to drive within an arm’s length of alcohol – including alcohol in someone else’s blood stream.
  • amadacorazon
    amadacorazon Posts: 42 Member
    Bwahahahaha!!! ????
  • 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    I thought for sure this thread was going to be about someone who got arrested, but looking for a way to stay on track while locked up!

Hahaha me too!!!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Wow, are these for real?
  • 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    Are these actually for real? wtf if they are hahahha Australia laws seem so freakn normal now :)
  • shanster23
    shanster23 Posts: 144 Member
    In Scotland!
    Any person found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end will be sentenced to 24 hours in the village stocks
    If someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter.
    A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman’s helmet
    Any boy under the age of 10 may not see a naked mannequin.
  • Spacegirlnz
    Spacegirlnz Posts: 27 Member
    I found this on wiki, because I can't think of any that are weird. But I'll find some more,

Soooooo, in New Zealand

Every high school may hold 1 pound of uranium and 1 pound of thorium, for conducting nuclear experiments (universities can have 20 pounds of each).However, there is a fine of $1 million for letting off nuclear explosions.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    UK
    - it is treason to put a stamp featuring the British monarch upside down
    - it is illegal to die in the houses of parliament ( something to do with if you die in the houses of parliament your supposed to be entitled to a state funeral, so the place of death gets recorded as the closes hospital)
    - illegal to eat mince pies on Christmas day in England - i believe this was cromwell trying to tackle gluttony...
    - A bed may not be hung out of a window
    - anyone found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end will be sentenced to 24 hours in the village stocks
    -you can shoot a Welsh person all day on a Sunday, with a longbow in the Cathedral Close, Hereford .... We obviously really dont like the Welsh as also - Welsh people can be shot with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.
    Were not all that keen on the Scottish either it seems - In the city of York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow
    - it is illegal to wear a suit of Armour into the houses of parliament
    - A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants the common one people refer to is the use of a policemans helmet
    - the head of any dead whale found on British shores automatically becomes property of the king, and the tail the queen to bone her corsets.
    -It is illegal to avoid telling the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing
    - it is illegal to be drunk in charge of a cow in Scotland

Just a um "few" i remember from my folklore studies :)
    x
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    A few from England...

- If you turn up to your final year exams at Oxford University on a horse in a full suit of armour, you pass automatically.
    - If you are pregnant and need to pee, a policeman is duty bound to offer you his hat.
    - It's illegal to put a stamp upside down on an envelope
    - It's illegal to die in the House of Parliament
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Dear Steph, What is the problem? you didn't sneak him into the movie did you? Did he make a mess with the popcorn or candy? What is their problem??

Odd Laws????? Do you know in China they cannot hand a man with a wooden leg??????? They have to use a rope!!!!!LOL

Have a good day my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basil
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    UK
    - it is treason to put a stamp featuring the British monarch upside down
    - it is illegal to die in the houses of parliament ( something to do with if you die in the houses of parliament your supposed to be entitled to a state funeral, so the place of death gets recorded as the closes hospital)
    - illegal to eat mince pies on Christmas day in England - i believe this was cromwell trying to tackle gluttony...
    - A bed may not be hung out of a window
    - anyone found breaking a boiled egg at the sharp end will be sentenced to 24 hours in the village stocks
    -you can shoot a Welsh person all day on a Sunday, with a longbow in the Cathedral Close, Hereford .... We obviously really dont like the Welsh as also - Welsh people can be shot with a bow and arrow inside the city walls and after midnight.
    Were not all that keen on the Scottish either it seems - In the city of York it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow
    - it is illegal to wear a suit of Armour into the houses of parliament
    - A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants the common one people refer to is the use of a policemans helmet
    - the head of any dead whale found on British shores automatically becomes property of the king, and the tail the queen to bone her corsets.
    -It is illegal to avoid telling the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing
    - it is illegal to be drunk in charge of a cow in Scotland

Just a um "few" i remember from my folklore studies :)
    x

Haha, snap!
  • kienec
    kienec Posts: 3 Member
    Ilinois

Chicago
    It is forbidden to fish while sitting on a giraffe’s neck.

I think this is my favorite of all.....who thinks of this stuff????? These were a great way to start the day thanks!!