Going to jail

Options

Replies

• katescurios
    katescurios Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    A few from the UK

It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament

It could be regarded an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British king or queen's image upside-down

Eating mince pies on Christmas Day is banned

In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants

The head of any dead whale found on the British coast automatically becomes the property of the King, and the tail of the Queen

It is illegal not to tell the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing

It is illegal to enter the Houses of Parliament wearing a suit of armour
  • Biggipooh
    Options
    LOL, good to know. I live in Maryland too and had no idea.
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Ilinois

You may be arrested for vagrancy if you do not have at least one dollar bill on your person.

More stupid laws from my state...

Champaign
    One may not pee in his neighbor’s mouth.

Chicago
    It is forbidden to fish while sitting on a giraffe’s neck.

Cicero
    Humming on public streets is prohibited on Sundays.

Crete
    It is considered an offense to attempt to have sex with one’s dog.

Crystal Lake
    If one wishes to plant new sod in his or her yard in the summer months, that person may not use the city’s water to water it.

Evanston
    Bowling is forbidden.

Galesburg
    There is a $1,000 dollar fine for beating rats with baseball bats.

Horner
    It is against the law to use a slingshot unless your are a law enforcement officer.

Joliet
    Town fathers, reflecting the pet peeve of hearing their town’s name mispronounced ‘Jolly-ETTE’ when all local folk know it’s pronounced ‘Joe-lee-ETTE’, made pronouncing it Jolly-ette a misdemeanor, punishable by a $5 fine.

Kenilworth
    A rooster must step back three hundred feet from any residence if he wishes to crow.

Kirkland
    Bees are not allowed to fly over the village or through any of Kriland’s streets.

Normal
    It is against the law to make faces at dogs.

Orland Park
    No pool tables are allowed in a public establishment, because it supports gambling.

Ottawa
    Spitting on the sidewalk is a criminal offense.

Park Ridge
    Trucks may only park inside closed garages.

Rock Island
    Citizens are taxed because it rains on their property.

Zion
    It is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, or any other domesticated animals.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • consumone
    consumone Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Here are a few Wonderful MN laws you need to follow - LOL

A person may not cross state lines with a duck atop his head.

It is illegal to sleep naked.

All men driving motorcycles must wear shirts.

Citizens may not enter Wisconsin with a chicken on their head.

Oral sex is prohibited.

All bathtubs must have feet.

I know my bathtub does not have feet - so I am in violation right there, I can see the county Sheriff arriving at my door in no time.
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    In Salt Lake County Utah it is illegal to carry a violin in a paper bag.

In Florida it is illegal to fart in public after six o'clock in the evening on Sundays

In Massachusetts it is illegal to go to bed without bathing, however, in the same state, law prohibits bathing on Sundays

In New York when a person jumps off a building it is against the law and they are sentenced to death.

In Alabama it is illegal to wear a fake mustache to make people laugh in church.

In Alabama it illegal to throw salt on railroad tracks, and death is the penalty.
  • VeggieloverLilly
    Options

in the state of MFPland it is illegal to get all serious in the city of ChitCHat

LMAO!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    In BC Canada...its illegal to kill a sasquatch....:noway:
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    My favorite PA ones are:

It it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.

You may not sing in the bathtub.

Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass.

You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth.
  • elrickis1337
    elrickis1337 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    you know the thing that really gets me to laugh is the thought that laws usually arent made up just for ****s and giggles so someone had to come before a councle and suggest these laws or they had to be such a large issue that the city councle or state legislatures steped back and said whoa whoa whoa what the hells going on here we need a law for this

now can you imagine someone *****ing about thier neighbors sleeping on top of the refrigerator in the yard nightly at a city councle meeting? i would have love to been at that one :)
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    what the H*ll goes on in Illinois?? Those are crazy laws LOL!!!
    My cat and dog love a good cigar.... I will make sure we don't move there :)

I use to live in Zion,IL and never heard of that law! thats crazy..ha ha...so Steph...you have a Lion?
  • stephanieb72
    Options
    what the H*ll goes on in Illinois?? Those are crazy laws LOL!!!
    My cat and dog love a good cigar.... I will make sure we don't move there :)

I use to live in Zion,IL and never heard of that law! thats crazy..ha ha...so Steph...you have a Lion?

Nope.. no lion. It was just way past my bedtime last night..... If I did have a lion I wouldn't take him to the movies, I would take him to the drive in :)
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    In Alaska your not allowed to walk your drunk moose down the street.

In Calgary if your banned from the city you are entitled to a horse and a shot gu with one shot in it. (I think that might include Stavley also.
  • stephanieb72
    Options
    In Alaska your not allowed to walk your drunk moose down the street.

always better to let the drunk moose drive...
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    In Oklahoma, it is illegal to take a bite of someone else's hamburger!! Ridiculous, but true! lol
  • haylz247
    Options
    I thought for sure this thread was going to be about someone who got arrested, but looking for a way to stay on track while locked up!

i thought the exact same thing! haha

here are some laws from the UK:

No cows may be driven down the roadway between 10 AM and 7 PM unless there is prior approval from the Commissioner of Police

Those wishing to purchase a television must also buy a license.

It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament

It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside-down

In Scotland, if someone knocks on your door and requires the use of your toilet, you must let them enter

A pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants, including in a policeman’s helmet.

It is illegal to avoid telling the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing

It is illegal to enter the houses of Parliament in a suit of armour

In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    These are HIlarious!! Thanks all for making my day. I was having a boring day and you have enlightened me! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I am going to Jail for using a public restroom.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Florida Laws - Just a few of the funnier ones...not sure how #2 might affect Halloween if enforced. Grin.

1. In Florida, if an elephant is left at a parking meter, the owner is not exempt from the fees, and will be ticketed at an expired meter.

2. Men may not be seen in public in a strapless gown.

3. Single women may not skydive On Sunday's in Jacksonville Florida
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Isn't there one about being allowed to shoot a welshman with a bow and arrow on a sunday on the borders of scotland?
  • stephanieb72
    Options

2. Men may not be seen in public in a strapless gown.

a gown with straps is just fine though:laugh: