What's good for breakfast??

Options
124»

Replies

• srhargraves
    Options
    I know what you mean about the sweet breakfast...I too gotta have something beside sweet. I like the steak idea...

Anyone know how long these posts stay on here because I want refer back to it for my breakfast menu. If they go away after a while, I need to copy them in word so I will have them.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Got this from skinnytaste.com its my current favorite breakast:
    1 cup 2% greek yogurt
    1 Tbls Peanut butter
    1 Tbls Grape Jelly
    10 Red grapes halved
    349 calories
  • ms_rayzd
    Options
    If I am in a hurry and want a quick bite to eat before running out of the house ,I pop two Eggo Waffles (nutrigain, whole wheat) in the toaster, pour a little Lite, reduced calorie syrup on them and bam, 140 cals for the waffles and up to 100 cals (1/4c) for the syrup. I only use maybe a tablespoon of the syrup though, I hate soggie food :)
  • Sweetpea472
    Sweetpea472 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    There is a place on here where you can see all of the posts you have created... I think you should be able to refer back to this post as long as you like.
  • srhargraves
    Options
    yea yea yea....please keep em coming!!!!
  • srhargraves
    Options
    thanks for that info sweetpea! I have only been here 4 days so not familiar with everything yet...but loving it!
  • Sweetpea472
    Options
    I made a mistake... if you go under the Community tab, you will see the message boards page & there is a link "My Topics". It only shows the last 25 topics you've posted in, though. You might want to save the link to this thread on your computer so you can refer back whenever you want.
  • Sweetpea472
    Options
    I, too, love this community! There are SO many great people who are willing to guide you, listen to you & make you laugh! Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • traynorj82
    traynorj82 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I usually have a low carb wrap with peanut butter, ground flax and either 1/2 an apple or a banana. It is fast, easy, delish, and portable.
  • nasoj007
    nasoj007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a few go to's for breakfast:

1/ egg sandwich (homemade)

1 egg fried- 70 cal
    1/2 teaspoon butter (to fry the egg)- 18 cal
    1/4 cup spinach- 5 cal
    2 slices rye bread- 150 cal
    1/4 -1/2 serving Old chedder- 30-60 cal
    Total = 273-303 cal depending on how much cheese you use, you could add a second egg and a bit more cheese/spinach to make 2 open face sandwiches that would come in around 400 cals.

2/ Spinach Omelet (homemade)

2 eggs- 140 cal
    1/2 cup spinach- 10 cal
    1/4-1/2 serving Old cheddar- 30-60 cal
    1/2 teaspoon butter (for frying)- 18 cal
    rye toast optional (2 slices)- 150 cal
    1 teaspoon butter (for toast)- 32 cal
    Total = 228-413 cal depending on amount of cheese and if you have rye toast with it.

3/ Tim Horton's Egg White breakfast sandwich or McDonald's Bacon and egg McMuffin
    260 cal or 320 cal
    These are great if you're in a hurry and need to grab something on the run.

4/ My Big Breakfast

2 eggs fried - 140 cal
    1 slice rye toast- 75 cal
    1 teaspoon butter (half to fry egg, half for toast)- 35 cal
    1 Presidents choice blue menu smokie sausage- 170 cal <~these are full size sausages not breakfast links or paddies
    Total - 420 cal

I love to cook and consider myself a bit of a food purist which is one of the reasons you see butter and non-low fat cheese in my recipes. You are welcome to use whichever you prefer but I feel the few meager calories lower that the alternatives tend to be are not enough to justify the drop in taste. I can use a small amount of old cheddar (stronger flavor) and actually come in at lower calories than a low fat cheese slice and it tastes way better imho :)
  • srhargraves
    Options
    sounds yummy...thanks...I will use them all...
  • Tony302
    Tony302 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd like to share what I prepared for myself today.

Generic - Southwestern Style Egg Beaters with (diced spinach,red onions,scallions,sweet peppers, and 1 slice fat free smoked turkey breast) topped with Tostitos - Medium Salsa, 2 Tbsp

Schmidt's - Delicatessen Rye Bread with Laughing Cow - Cinnamon Cream Cheese Spread, 1 wedge (21g)

Diet V8 - Slash/Tropical Blend, 16 OZ

Generic - Fresh Fruit Honeydew Melon, 1 cup diced

Cantaloupe - Fresh, 1 cup

Total 400 calories
  • slaunderville
    slaunderville Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I tend to make an egg sandwich in a variety of ways as others have expressed. My go to "bread" is Lavash Bread with Flax, Oat bran and whole wheat. When you cut one in half it is only 50 calories. I then make a couple of eggs and add a slice of cheese. I like a spicy cheese. Comes to under 300 calories, and by having all the protein in the morning tends to fill me up longer. Thanks for your post, I have gotten a lot of great ideas:)