I DON'T GET IT!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, the whole "why won't my tummy shrink??" question... From what I have learned in the past year that I have been on this journey is that the cold hard truth is that there is no such thing as "targeting" your stomach to make you lose weight in just that area. Unfortunately, our bodies love our fat and its loves it in the abdomen! It is the *last* place where you will lose inches (for most people anyways). Keep working on your core (though google ab workouts, crunches are actually one of the least effective) and eventually you will get there!
  • kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    To lose belly fat, you need to eat more protein and less carbs. Try to keep your carbs around 100.
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    Are your boobs getting smaller? I heard those are the first to go. Realize that's it's ONLY been 2 months. Think of it the positive way, 2 months is actually not that long! You're doing great!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Where you lose first and how you carry your weight is mostly determined by your genetics - If you gain there first then you will lose there last.
    You have done VERY well in your journey so far - don't fear it will eventually come off.
    What do you do for strength training? Are you lifting heavy? Have yo looked at Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5 or New Rules of Lifting for Women? They are all very good programs and help the shape change a lot quicker then a lot of cardio and only light weight training.