Do you withhold doing it when mad at your significant other?

Options
CalJur
CalJur Posts: 627 Member
No. Life is too damn short. I can put things in different buckets. (I know typical male but I am one.) Anger whatever can be set aside for coitus anytime. Some of the best happens when mad, no? Just hate this whole withholding concept. I'm certain there are extreme situations where it may be warranted and possible lifetime ban (wasn't me baby wasn't me) but for routine arguments and disagreements just because? No way.

Replies

• Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    No, I don't believe in doing that. That would be punishing myself as well. Girls got needs as well. :D
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    what does getting laid have to do with anger?

Isn't it an outlet for anger?! definitely produces better sex.
    Heck I piss off the hubby to get prime time ;)
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I can't say I "withhold" it, but if I'm angry or we're fighting, I am not in the mood in the slightest....but, the same goes for him.
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Lifes to short not to orgasm every day, so I dont withhold it. But my S.O. hasnt made me mad enough yet to where I would consider doing so either.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    hmm, actually,,,, for a bit,, for both of us,,, its not right, its a control issue,,,,, do the right thing!!!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I never "withheld" because I was angry... But I sure as hell wasn't in any mood to pleasure him either.
    So angry sex, a rarity.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    psshtt.. yeah I do, sucks for him.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I find it difficult to be intimate with someone I'm angry with, hubby recognises and respects and once we sort things out, life goes back to a happy normal.
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Only if the offense warrants it and I'm so upset that the idea of them touching me turns my stomach. But in that instance, we have bigger problems than not getting laid for a night. :P
  • wanda9501
    Options
    Just because we are fighting, doesn't mean "THEY" are! I will give him some great mind blowing loving and as soon as we are finished, turn my back on him! No cuddle time when I am pissed.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I don't "withhold," but usually, if we're upset we avoid each other (even in a tiny apartment) so sex isn't typically on the agenda either way.
  • karynspeace
    Options
    what does getting laid have to do with anger?

Isn't it an outlet for anger?! definitely produces better sex.
    Heck I piss off the hubby to get prime time ;)

LOL
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    yep piss me off no tingly feeling for you lol
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I don't "withhold," but usually, if we're upset we avoid each other (even in a tiny apartment) so sex isn't typically on the agenda either way.

Same here.

I'm usually too busy slamming doors and giving the silent treatment when I'm pissed off at him.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I don't withhold sex either. We try to talk things out and deal with stuff quickly and not let it fester or whatever... but even if we can't do that, sometimes we just have to table the issue until we can have some time to work it out. Sex is unconditional in our marriage. "Free and frequent". Sexual frustration doesn't help solve issues.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I find it difficult to be intimate with someone I'm angry with, hubby recognises and respects and once we sort things out, life goes back to a happy normal.

Exactly how I feel.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    In my previous relationship, he would intentionally piss me off, and then wonder why I was acting like such a b*tch....then he'd say "Why are you getting so mad? I didn't actually CALL you a b*tch". No difference there, pal.

To me, being angry and being sexual are mutually exclusive. If someone has been doing their damnedest to get under your skin all day, what would make them think you WANT to jump in the sack? :noway:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I'm usually too busy slamming doors and giving the silent treatment when I'm pissed off at him.

That's what I use my workouts for...to get rid of all that aggression.
  • kimg68
    Options
    I don't usually get mad, and when I do I say what's on my mind, let him say his piece, either come to an agreement, or agree to disagree. But I will confess that I don't mind when he comes home all pissed off about something that happened in his day, I like helping him work off that frustration : )
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Nope. Sex is not a tool or a bargaining chip in our relationship.