500 Days on MFP - 86 pounds lost - pic heavy!

Options

Replies

• chimpy_chimp
    chimpy_chimp Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! You inspire me. I can't wait to have your same success!
  • ellemidge
    Options
    Way to go! I hope I have as much success as you have. You're a great inspiration.
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wow, I went to bed last night only to wake up to 4 more PAGES of comments! I am floored by the outpouring of well-wishes. You guys are all amazing!!!! Thank you so much!!

Let's see....to answer a few questions:

I lost 63 pounds between May and December 2011, and the other 23 have come off slowly from January to now (2012). I am nowhere near as dedicated to my 'diet' - a term I use to mean my dietary intake, NOT a weight loss method - and although I have had less weight loss success this year, and could have met my goal weight of 135 four or five-fold by now, I feel that I've found a good balance in my life. It's almost as if I've been eating/exercising as if I've MET my goal already, and since I'm still seeing results, color me a happy camper!

That being said, at the beginning, I stuck to my 1200 cals/day rigorously. I exercised 3 - 4 times a week, mostly cardio ( I love the elliptical) and a bit of strength training. Nothing special at all. I increased my time on the elliptical as I became more able and now I typically spend at least an hour on the elliptical and then move on to strength training. Although, I have to say, I'm not as into strength training, so I don't do it as much as I should. Now, however, I am lucky if I get myself to the gym once a week, and I rarely stay below 1700 cals throughout the week (some days are 1200, others are 2000 - I go by the weekly average). I have changed my eating habits, though, so instead of 2300 cals of sugar and fat, now I get those extra cals from cheese, fruits, veggies, yogurt, etc. I'm still trying to address my overeating and my stress eating, and it's a difficult process.

I do indulge - more often now than before - when I go to visit family and friends, I don't log, and if I want cake or cookies, I have cake or cookies. When my husband and I go out for dinner, which is not too often, I don't necessarily limit myself to what's 'good for me.' However, I do LOG EVERYTHING (with the exception of those visits). I keep my food diary private and feel as though this allows me to be more honest about what I eat since I'm the only one who sees it. But that's just me. :)

I've found a good balance for myself and I'm thrilled to be 22 pounds away from my goal weight. I've changed my life, so I don't think I'll ever go back!

Thanks again for all your support!!

--Dawn
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Your amazing and look lovely :flowerforyou:
  • Behl9
    Behl9 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work and go Leathernecks!
  • funmonkey13
    funmonkey13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I am so happy for you...:smile:
  • mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Options
    You were super cute when you carried more weight but you do look fabulous now AND you appear to be healthier. :)
  • firstloveyourself
    firstloveyourself Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look fantastic! (and I love your haircut)

Great work--and a great inspiration to all of us with a lot to lose.
  • Dark_amethyst
    Dark_amethyst Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I can't wait to the day I achieve that much weight loss. So happy for you!
  • baodell
    baodell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    what amazing results! you look fabulous!
  • christi921
    Options
    You look amazing and beautiful! Thank you for sharing your story, it is very inspiring!
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wow you look totally different
  • annabellio
    annabellio Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    So awesome !!! You look amazing- Today I celebrate my 550th day and I have hit a bit of a snag over the last 200 days or so :laugh: but I credit MFP for so much - I don't know you but I cheer for you !!!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look so pretty...and HAPPY!! Proud of you for not stopping.
  • Bella_Italiana
    Options
    Congratulations! You look amazing! But just for the record, you were beautiful then... but even more beautiful now!
  • mag2906
    mag2906 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    You look awesome. I bet it feels great too!
  • m23gm25
    m23gm25 Posts: 157
    Options
    Great success story. Thanks for sharing!
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! Awesome job!
  • MitchStevens33
    Options
    Well done - that is an impressive amount of weight to lose. You look amazing!!
  • arraggh
    arraggh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Dawn your pics and story are AMAZING!

Feel i can relate so much to how your journey started, im about 2 months in now and down 30lb from a starting weight of 239lb,
    thankyou for posting - you are a real inspiration!

Thankyou!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!