How many calories are you guys eating in a day?

Options

Replies

• tylerpower
    tylerpower Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I cut between 1800-2000... bulk at approximately 2500
  • ddundonald
    ddundonald Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    According to the calculators at fat2fitradio my TDEE for my current weight is 2700 and for my target weight it is 2500. However, this just seems like nonsense to me. I have never had a time where I have eaten 2700 calories on average each day.

MFP tells me to get to my goal I should eat 1370 per day and I have no problem staying under that. The app often tells me I am eating too little. But I haven't really changed what I am eating, and consequently I am not shifting weight.
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    2000-2200

1700 if i don't do anything.
  • senami632
    senami632 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    On the average, I eat around 800 and I feel fine x
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I eat 1350 a day. I'm a 54 yo female, 5'2", have been doing MFP 4 weeks and have lost 4.6 lbs in 4 weeks.

I would never have thought I could lose on that much and at such a good rate. Luckily the first post I read was In Place of a Road Map and it got me started on the right foot.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm trying 1600 now....no eat back cals either....I have been all over the place...eating back exercise cals...higher cals...and all I have been doing is maintaining...5 months of this B.S..

its like rocket science to figure this out for me...:huh:
  • CassieLOL
    CassieLOL Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I follow the never under 1200 rule unless there's that rare day where I'm just stuffed and can't force anything else down my throat but I normally like to average around 1300 - 1600 depending on my exercise and calories burned that day (:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    1390 + exercise calories so usually around 1600-1800 per day
  • swagoner94
    swagoner94 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    well I'm like dying at 1200 calories...
    I set the thing for losing 1 1/2 lbs a week. I find these calories kind of light and it leaves me hungry midday and at night. I'm never really "FULL", only temporarily satisfied. I guess that's how it ought to be though.

How much do you have to lose? 1 1/2 per week is high. Try 1 lb instead, then you can eat more. If you are starving while you lose the weight, you won't be able to start eating normally when you are done. Either recalculate with MFP or try adding 100 calories per day until you aren't starving.

like 19lbs. I started at 149, going for somewhere in the 130s
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Around 1700 for now.
  • Tyrone_S
    Tyrone_S Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    4500 - 5500
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Depends on height, weight, level of activity. My BMR is somewhere between 1264-1336, depending on the calculator. I eat 1300 cals a day when I don't work out.
  • mrs_deg1983
    Options
    I eat 1520 plus my 500 breastfeeding calories a day. I do not eat my work our calories though. Shhh dont tell the hubby. Lol i have a hard enough time eat what i have to.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    TDEE minus 10-20%
    It's different for everyone based on their height, weight, age, etc.

I thought it was supposed to be BMR minus 20%? I'm so confused and have been eating between 1200-2000 calories and am not losing.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    TDEE minus 10-20%

I thought it was supposed to be BMR minus 20%? I'm so confused and have been eating between 1200-2000 calories and am not losing.

No, BMR is what your body needs if it were in a coma. TDEE is your daily expenditure. You want to eat to NET ABOVE your BMR but below your TDEE.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    My daily goal is 1600 calories when I'm not working out. More or less I eat around 1400-2000 calories a day, sometimes even more. Thank God for weight lifting :drinker:
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Set my diary for my rounded-down TDEE. I tend to eat around that, usually a couple hundred calories under. (set at 2200)

And, ye gods, never subtract anything from your BMR for calories!! :noway:
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    TDEE minus 10-20%

No, BMR is what your body needs if it were in a coma. TDEE is your daily expenditure. You want to eat to NET ABOVE your BMR but below your TDEE.

VERY good to know. Thank you.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My maintenance is 1700 plus exercise calories.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Between 1150 and 2000 depending on the day. I aim for 1350 most days and average 1500

5'3 and 112