October Walking Challenge

Options
This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but its nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time, the more the merrier, lets keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise everyday, and keep an eye on each other.

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. treadmills and ellipticals are A-OK.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge, we'll start tracking October 1st.

Replies

• jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Going to try alternating walking and pedaling. Have had knee problems the past couple of months so hoping it holds up.
  • lewshetland
    lewshetland Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am going to continuing walking outdoors as much as possible - at least three hours per week. I have also purchased a Nordic walker for when it is just not possible to walk outside. I will let you know if it is any good.

Good luck to everyone for the October challenge! :smile:
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Just finished my September walking 40 mins. walking today.

I know you are trying to keep this to mostly walking but I hope
    its okay to keep tracking all my exercise because I do something
    everyday. :bigsmile:

Ready for October 1st.

See you all there!!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i would love to join. i try to walk 16 miles a week, so i am shooting for 64 miles in the month of october.
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm in for the October Walking Challenge. I'm going for distance this month (rather than the "number of minutes" I did for September). My goal is to walk 167 km (or 100 miles) in October.

October 1 is my 56th birthday so let's hope this is a lucky start for all of us.

Best of luck, everyone.

Shirley61 - So glad to see you here again!! :smile:
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Okay people its a new month, and a new attitude, lets see if we can take some pounds off
    that have been weighing us down. Christmas is right around the corner and we want to
    be able to enjoy all the food and festivities without worrying about weight. LET'S DO THIS !!!

October 1- Bicycle,10-12 mph, 70 mins, 9.02 miles, 321 calories
  • pfespinoza
    pfespinoza Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this I walk on my breaks at work, usually between 15 minutes and 35 minutes a day. usually around 2 miles. I need to start doing more on the weekends though. So now I will!
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    im in.
    im about to go out for my walk in a bit, i like to do it in the evenings.

Oct 1st -->
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Monday Oct 1 = 30 min walk :smile:
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    Oct 1st-75 min walk:)
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I walked 5.4 km (3.25 miles) today. It was a beautiful fall day - perfect for walking.

Happy walking, all. :flowerforyou:
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    i broke my hand so all i got is the treadmill! im up for this challenge since this will be my only exercise tool this month
  • Jessicao33
    Jessicao33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I will walk with you

Oct 1: 42 minutes at 3pmh(treadmill)
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    October 1: 42 minutes

UzPOm5.png
  • Shirley61
    Options
    October 1- Bicycle,10-12 mph, 70 mins, 9.02 miles, 321 calories
    October 2- One hour Pilates
  • nsgrl65
    Options
    Oct 1 1hr walk @ 4mph and 1 hr cardio circuit
    Oct 2 1 hr walk @ 4 mph
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!!! I'm in!
    October 1~25 mins.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I did some of the walking challenges this summer but skipped out on September. I knew I had a trip to take my daughter to college and before that get her ready to go not that I didn't walk. I put in quite a bit of steps shopping for one. On the way back I had some wonderful walks on the beach. So I am back here. Ilove October.
    October 1: 30 minute walk on the beach and a forest path so I logged it as a short hike.
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    im in.
    im about to go out for my walk in a bit, i like to do it in the evenings.

Oct 1st --> 28 mins.

Oct 2 --> .......

park closes early evening and will do so for the rest of this year. by December its closing at 4.30pm!
    have to go out for walks in the afternoon now. no excuses. :tongue:
  • torrini
    torrini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My October has started with such good walks that I think I should join! October 1st - 90 minutes of walking, October 2nd - 120 minutes of walking :)