Help!! Need some home decorating tips on a budget

Options
124»

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Which also reminds me... if you have a Christmas Tree Shops near you, they're great for home decor and accessories and cooking stuff. It's not all holiday ornaments.... it's more like a cheaper version of Bed Bath and Beyond.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Plan to have my buddies over to watch football this weekend!!! Need to buy some bowls and plates for snacks

Best thing for stuff like that? Some disposable aluminum pans. I use them all the time for parties or when I have to take food to someone else's house for a party.

Buy some bags of frozen, ready to cook chicken nuggets and bake them, toss them with some buffalo or barbecue sauce, and you have instant "boneless wings." Serve with some celery and some ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.

Then just toss it in the recycling bin when you're done.

Your buddies will understand you're a new homeowner. They're not going to expect Martha Stewart.

Thanks

Excellent idea!!!! I was getting tired of Sunday pizza!!!!
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I plan to shop Bed, Bath and Beyond for bedding. Need to purchase glassware like purex.

Where should I go for home decorating ideas? Not very color coordinated.

If you go to Lowes, and look at the paint chip wall, they have little pamphlets of rooms already decorated with a color scheme in mind. It may be a good place to start.

We got our every day dishes at walmart. We also bought quite a few furniture items off craigslist.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I do agree with craigslist. Before you go to store look online and see if they have print coupon or one to send to cellphone. Also when your in store ask if they are having a sale on item you want, sometimes they will be having one in near future and will give you sale price early that day. Never hurts to ask!