How is it possible?

Options
2»

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    These are my questions:

1. Did you recently change the intensity of your workouts?
    2. Have you recently added in a weight routine, or a high intensity workout to your plan?
    3. You eat a lot of sodium. Have you ever noticed a sensitivity to high sodium days (do your feet/hands swell)?
    4. How are you measuring your activity calories and your food? (HRM, FitBit, Scales, estimates?)

Changing your workout routine can cause your body to retain water for several weeks. I have noticed up to 10 pounds for 6 weeks. If I have a lot of sodium (much over 3500), my body swells and I can retain up to 5 pounds for a few days after. If you are relying on estimates for your activity or weights of food, you could have errors there that are erasing your deficit.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the last couple weeks but it would appear you do go over your daily calories regularly, you eat your exercise calories which is fine depending on how much you trust the MFP calories burned calculator, It's also noticable that your sodium is over my a lot more often than not and only having myself as an example I retain water like a whale when that happens. All I could really suggest, you being so close to your goal anyway, is that you review your calorie goals and liquid intake make sure you are "really" on track and not just close, some of us don't have the metabolism to eat back our exercise calories or to eat the recommended calories based on weight even with regular activity so switch things up and see what happens.
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    These are my questions:

2. Have you recently added in a weight routine, or a high intensity workout to your plan?
    3. You eat a lot of sodium. Have you ever noticed a sensitivity to high sodium days (do your feet/hands swell)?
    4. How are you measuring your activity calories and your food? (HRM, FitBit, Scales, estimates?)

Changing your workout routine can cause your body to retain water for several weeks. I have noticed up to 10 pounds for 6 weeks. If I have a lot of sodium (much over 3500), my body swells and I can retain up to 5 pounds for a few days after. If you are relying on estimates for your activity or weights of food, you could have errors there that are erasing your deficit.

1. I don't do high intensity workouts during the week, normally just walk at night. I do high cardio on the weekends normally hiking/biking/Mountain biking ~ 700-1500 calories (per HRM)
    2. I need to add back weight lifting. I was doing P90X but stopped after this last time bc I didn't see scale results
    3. Yes I do need to cut back on sodium, I'm working on that. I used to eat very little sodium (yes both my hands swell)
    4. I use my Polar FT7 HRM whenever I exercise
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    These are my questions:

1. I don't do high intensity workouts during the week, normally just walk at night. I do high cardio on the weekends normally hiking/biking/Mountain biking ~ 700-1500 calories (per HRM)
    2. I need to add back weight lifting. I was doing P90X but stopped after this last time bc I didn't see scale results
    3. Yes I do need to cut back on sodium, I'm working on that. I used to eat very little sodium (yes both my hands swell)
    4. I use my Polar FT7 HRM whenever I exercise

My suggestions would be to watch the sodium, and maybe try cutting back by 100 calories for a while (2-4 weeks) and see if you notice a difference and adjust from there. You are so close to your goal you have less room for calculation errors.