Bread is not bad

Options

Replies

• haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    ALL food should be in the diet. Everything in moderation i was always told. Although i do go OTT sometimes haha

I'd love some crusty bread with some yummy soup right now. :love:
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    For a normal person with a perfectly normal digestive track, bread and other carbs are fine.

For someone with digestive disorders, like myself, bread and other carbs such as potatoes, rice, rye, etc... can cause problems.

But yes, to each his/her own.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    No, no one food is bad. The reason most people avoid bread and pasta is that they get carbs from so many other sources and bread and pasta are often add-ons to thei rmeals.

In addition, the amount of bread and pasta that one realistically should eat while creating a calorie deficit is not very satisfying to many people. If I eat pasta, I want a big bowl. That's what I have when I eat it, but I can't eat it several times a week.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Bread IS bad. It gave my bank account number to a "Nigerian prince". He wasn't a Nigerian prince at all!
    What is the pumperknickel? b/c she got me too. That B!TCHlied to me when she said he was good for me, the next thign i know I come home to an empty house, my Credit Cards maxed out and all the copper pipes torn out of the wall... that b!tch!!!!!

pumpernickel” actually comes from the German words “poomper” and “nickel”, which loosely translates to fart goblin
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    pumpernickel” actually comes from the German words “poomper” and “nickel”, which loosely translates to fart goblin.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I prefer to do my own research before deciding what to eat and what not to eat. White bread is not good based off what goes into it and how it affects the body. I eat honey grain or honey wheat bread instead.

http://janicewhite.hubpages.com/hub/why-white-bread-is-bad-for-you

Me: I don't eat white bread at all. I don't eat white rice, either. However, that works for me because I happen to appreciate my body and what goes into it.

To each his/her own.....

This link is completely unsubstantiated. Not one specific study cited. Just "studies show"...
    All that is missing from white bread is the bran, so if you need more roughage, eat whole grain.
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    ALL food should be in the diet.

I disagree with this statement. It should reflect "all foods are in MY diet". ALL foods are not in MY diet and I still lose weight. I do things according to my high-intensity workout program and white bread and rice is not on the menu.

Again, to each his/her own and what works for them. Just remember, what you do to your body today will affect you in the long run. You can chart your health problems right back to what you did to your body years ago, starting with what you put in it. (jmo)
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    I prefer to do my own research before deciding what to eat and what not to eat. White bread is not good based off what goes into it and how it affects the body. I eat honey grain or honey wheat bread instead.

http://janicewhite.hubpages.com/hub/why-white-bread-is-bad-for-you

Me: I don't eat white bread at all. I don't eat white rice, either. However, that works for me because I happen to appreciate my body and what goes into it.

To each his/her own.....

This link is completely unsubstantiated. Not one specific study cited. Just "studies show"...
    All that is missing from white bread is the bran, so if you need more roughage, eat whole grain.

Again...to each/his her own. Not everything you read is going to be substantiated but you still believe in it anyway. Before the article, I STILL did not eat white bread or white rice. I cut it out based on the workout program I am doing and the nutrition information attached to it. A personal nutritionist even stated that white bread is not the BEST choice. Like someone said earlier, you make the best choices for yourself based on what you feel is best. Simple as that.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Cool, I never thought it was.

*walks away munching on cinnamon apple bread with cream cheese*
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Bread is not Paleo Approved™, all foods that are not Paleo Approved™ cause inflammation and are bad for you.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    Bread is not Paleo Approved™, all foods that are not Paleo Approved™ cause inflammation and are bad for you.

Bread is not bad. I don't have it everyday simply because of the calories in some. These diets brainwash people, i swear
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    White bread is NOT almost all sugar! I love that you are trying to dispute a myth by perpetuating another. No food is bad unless you consume in excess. It is only after I have eaten my body's allotted maintenance calories that food begins to take a negative effect... and that would not matter if the extra food is bread, cake, or carrots. If my body can't use it, then it will store it.

:drinker:
  • momwhosbusy
    momwhosbusy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    For a normal person with a perfectly normal digestive track, bread and other carbs are fine.

For someone with digestive disorders, like myself, bread and other carbs such as potatoes, rice, rye, etc... can cause problems.

Would you mind elaborating a little more? I am having some serious digestive problems and so far have it tracked to wheat and dairy. I rarely eat potatoes b/c I am allergic to them in their raw state (Think hives and rash just from peeling them) and therefore don't feel I should eat them either. I don't feel well after eating rice quite often either. Was this something that you discovered via trial and error or with help from an allergist, nutritionist, or other healthcare professional? I've been through a whole battery of tests with no answers and getting sooo frustrated!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Good thing I'm not paleo! I love being a modern, evolved woman instead of a caveman!
  • Aurorakitty
    Options
    Most of what I eat is carbs in the form of bread, crackers pasta and rice so trying to cut that out would be impossible for me. I"m working on eating more wheat/ rye and multi grains.
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options

Would you mind elaborating a little more? I am having some serious digestive problems and so far have it tracked to wheat and dairy. I rarely eat potatoes b/c I am allergic to them in their raw state (Think hives and rash just from peeling them) and therefore don't feel I should eat them either. I don't feel well after eating rice quite often either. Was this something that you discovered via trial and error or with help from an allergist, nutritionist, or other healthcare professional? I've been through a whole battery of tests with no answers and getting sooo frustrated!

It sounds like you have an immune disorder of some sort. Have you gone to a gastroenterologist? Have you had a colonoscopy/biopsy? I was diagnosed with crohn's disease at a young age and have gone through phases of "my body can eat this" and "my body cannot eat this". Everything became a gamble and still is...

Among the Crohn's and Colitis community, a lot of people try to stick to the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/) . It ties closely to a paleo/primal diet but revolves around the notion that certain foods trigger TNF factors inside the digestive track. Look into it, give it a shot for 30 days... see if that helps. If you smoke, quit. If you drink, cut back.

Good luck to you! I hope you figure it out!
  • Need2bfit918
    Need2bfit918 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    if you want to eat bread go ahead and eat bread, but personally i know that by drastically lowering my consumption of it I'm far healthier now. there is plenty of ways to get your nutrients and daily needs we dont all have to eat the same way.
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    The only bad thing I find about white bread is that it tastes so good... I HAVE to stay away from it. Ive been known to demolish a whole loaf of white bread with a pot of marmite. :embarassed:
  • Need2bfit918
    Need2bfit918 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The only bad thing I find about white bread is that it tastes so good... I HAVE to stay away from it. Ive been known to demolish a whole loaf of white bread with a pot of marmite. :embarassed:
    am i the only person who has no idea what marmite is?
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    3228302-748326-loaf-of-whole-wheat-bread-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

Nom!

You will never be able to drag me away from my crisp fresh whole wheat poppy and sesame seed bread.
    My baker is awesome.