Sober October

Options
13»

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I will drink your alcohol for you......No beer for a month.....no thanks.
  • elispine
    Options
    Cheers to Sober October!!:drinker:
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't the biggest birthday month, I might would try this...but I have 4 alcohol-involving birthday parties to attend this month, including mine :drinker:
  • Lonestarlesa
    Lonestarlesa Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join?
    I don't drink much acholol but OH MY do I love the coffee latte's. I will cut out all the calories in my drinks.
    Just let me know if I am good to go.
    Lesa
  • Lonestarlesa
    Lonestarlesa Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join?
    I don't drink much acholol but OH MY do I love the coffee latte's. I will cut out all the calories in my drinks.
    Just let me know if I am good to go.
    Lesa
  • lovemylife32
    Options
    Week 1 10/2/12: 160 lbs
  • dbrownie68
    Options
    OK, I'm in. Since joing MFP, it's become painfully obvious how drinking certain things, namely alcohol, iced coffee, frapuccino, etc., can totally negate all of the hard work I put in. I've wanted to cut down, so here we go!

Week 1 - 164 lbs.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I'll try to cut back a little. Good enough?
  • CantarellaMiyani
    CantarellaMiyani Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a fantastic group! We've got a huge range of ages, diets, hometowns... this is going to be awesome!

I hope day 1 was an unabashed success - I'm already seriously proud of you. If you would like to be on the group tracker, please post your weight here, or message me with it if that's more comfortable for you. If you like tracking on your own, of course that's great too!

I seem to have run up against a friending limit, so if anyone wants to add me, or others in the group, the best way to meet our goals is with support, so feel free!
  • sidwhippet
    Options
    Hey there! I am so up for this as well. I have a binge-drinking pizza-ordering housemate and I'm constantly facing temptation... having the moral fortitude of you guys will be a huge help. I'm in!
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I'm not so into calorie laden drinks, but alcohol is my nemisis.
  • CantarellaMiyani
    CantarellaMiyani Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    There is now a group for the challenge, here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8890-sober-october
    Please feel free to join, and be as active as you're comfortable with. All are welcome, no matter what their goals, as long as they're willing to support other members. Good luck!
  • Coco_puff901
    Coco_puff901 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm in .... Alcohol is a lot of calories I dont need right now.

Week 1, Oct 2, 144
  • chris2365
    chris2365 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I need to do this - I'm in starting right this moment. Coffee, water, ice tea (unsweetened), and the occasional diet soda only. NO ALCOHOL.
  • Ashlee2421
    Ashlee2421 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This weekend, I am kid-free, errand free, chore free, job free. Normally, my best friend and I would go to the bar, shoot some pool, and have a couple drinks.

I'm opting to go for a night jog instead. =]

AW YEAH HEALTHY CHOICES YEAH
  • youngrachael
    youngrachael Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I started Oct. 1 at 177.5
  • beekay70
    beekay70 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    1 year off