Beauty tip for a pretty skin! :)

Options
HealthyGinny
HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
Hi people!

Today I was talking to a friend of mine who asked me what I do to have such a clear skin.

First... I blushed ;)

Then, I told her that my skin cleared up a great deal this year since I started out my "weightloss journey" in January because I now drink a lot of water (which I didn't before); most of which is lemon water.

Also I told her that I have a BEAUTY TIP: when in the morning I squeeze a lemon to get the juice to put in my water bottle, 2 days out of 7, I take the pulp that remains in the squeezer, put it in a little bowl, add a cube of sugar that I grossly break, and add some honey. I mix everything then I put it on dry skin, scrub gently and leave it for 3 to 5 minutes (during that time, I make my bed for instance). Then, I rinse my skin with cold water, put some cream on and voilà! :)

The lemon clears, refreshes and tones the skin, helps to reduce marks and is purifying. It contains enzymes that help the skin to get rid of dead cells. It also helps to get rid of the pollution that gets on the skin.
The sugar helps to gently scrub and exfoliate the skin in order to get rid of dead cells (again).
The honey is good for the skin, purifying, has healing properties and helps to have soft skin. It is antimicrobial and antioxydant.

This helps with dry skin too. Of course, I wouldn't recommend it to people who have severe skin conditions because the lemon can be a bit agressive and scrubbing your skin isn't good when you have skin conditions like eczema, etc.

Notes: I am not a dermatologist, nor a doctor, just somebody who likes to read on natural (and cheap) beauty tips. I just thought I would share the tip with more than my friends in case somebody on mfp is interested. Also, I'm French so sorry for the bad English! ;)

xx

Replies

• HealthyGinny
    Options
    Also... If you find the post useful, bump me?? ;)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,959 Member
    Options
    ....and it makes your skin taste great, too!

You have excellent English. I would have never known you're French. Except for the wonderful, natural skin care techiniqe. That's very French.

:flowerforyou:
  • Anaconda62
    Options
    Great post! I'm definitely going to try this. Thanks for passing it along.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    honey + yugort + cucumber joice always hasbeen in many beauty recepies.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I always use lemon on my skin.
  • HealthyGinny
    Options

You have excellent English. I would have never known you're French. Except for the wonderful, natural skin care techiniqe. That's very French.

Aww thank you! ;)
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    Great post! I'm definitely going to try this. Thanks for passing it along.

You are very welcome! :)
  • HealthyGinny
    Options

Yes, I try different recipes quite often, I just find the lemon+sugar+honey super easy and quick to make in the morning when I'm in a rush! ;) Plus, I feel good using the lemon pulp I otherwise throw away!
  • HealthyGinny
    Options

Yeah, it's the best, isn't it?
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options

Yes, I love it! If I use a store product, it completely ruins my skin, it dries it out and it peels it very badly. I've tried 12 different products, and it became expensive. Lemons are the way to go :)
  • HealthyGinny
    Options

Yes, I love it! If I use a store product, it completely ruins my skin, it dries it out and it peels it very badly. I've tried 12 different products, and it became expensive. Lemons are the way to go :)

Urgh, tell me about it. I'm the exact same! I have really sensitive skin, and if I use a store product, I get huge red patches all over my face, it is not pretty! ;)
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options

Yes, I try different recipes quite often, I just find the lemon+sugar+honey super easy and quick to make in the morning when I'm in a rush! ;) Plus, I feel good using the lemon pulp I otherwise throw away!
    I should try your recepy although I am somehow doubtfull with sugar. because it is not good for skin when you eat it.my skin is so fatty.
  • HealthyGinny
    Options

I should try your recepy although I am somehow doubtfull with sugar. because it is not good for skin when you eat it.my skin is so fatty.

Don't worry, eating it and putting it on your skin are 2 very different things. I've read quite a bit on the subject of sugar as a scrubbing tool (for instance: http://elqalatawy.hubpages.com/hub/Sugar-for-Face-is-all-what-your-Face-Skin-Needs).

But if you have really oily skin, you could do it only once in a while, and more often use half a lemon that you rub on your skin, it works wonders too :))
  • kneubee7
    kneubee7 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    bumping - great tip
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    oh i love this! i am going to try. i got two great ideas out of this post- lemon water and facial scrub.
  • AutumnRose33
    Options

^^This!!^^
  • AmelodyAngel
    AmelodyAngel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sounds great!!! I will try! Thanks for sharing!!!! :)
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    bump! I'm going to try this!
  • August_1958
    August_1958 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Thanks for sharing!