Options

Replies

• thenessa
    Options
    Bump :)
  • swagner73
    swagner73 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to try this. I have horrible blotchy skin. I have been looking for something to do that was all natural & effective. Thanks! :smile:
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own cleanser with green tea, honey and plain yogurt! Natural is the way to go!! :smile: I'll have to try this lemon concoction, it sounds nice.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Sounds like something worth trying!

My new discovery is mixing a packet of unflavored gelatin (about 1 TBSP) with 1.5 TBSP of milk, microwaving for 15 seconds... and you have a homemade blackhead remover mask! SOOOOOO much cheaper than Biore strips. (1 box of gelatin, which contained 4 packets, was like $1.32) I did my whole face, with enough leftover that I could have shared with another person. Leave the mask on for at least 15 minutes, until it starts to harden up. Then peel off carefully, rinse at the end to get rid of any leftover residue. (Be sure to peel the mask though, and not wash it off - peeling is what will remove the blackheads!)

Very effective... over a week later and my skin still looks great and feels soft!
  • Katmiller73
    Katmiller73 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    honey + yugort + cucumber joice always hasbeen in many beauty recepies.

Yes, I try different recipes quite often, I just find the lemon+sugar+honey super easy and quick to make in the morning when I'm in a rush! ;) Plus, I feel good using the lemon pulp I otherwise throw away!
    I should try your recepy although I am somehow doubtfull with sugar. because it is not good for skin when you eat it.my skin is so fatty.

Don't worry, eating it and putting it on your skin are 2 very different things. I've read quite a bit on the subject of sugar as a scrubbing tool (for instance: http://elqalatawy.hubpages.com/hub/Sugar-for-Face-is-all-what-your-Face-Skin-Needs).

But if you have really oily skin, you could do it only once in a while, and more often use half a lemon that you rub on your skin, it works wonders too :))
    Thank you honey
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you who are bumping! ;)
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    oh i love this! i am going to try. i got two great ideas out of this post- lemon water and facial scrub.

Girl, lemon water is great!! ;) I only drink that, it does wonders. I'm not saying it burns fat or whatever, but I know it helps to control sugar cravings, is great for the skin, not caloric at all, good for you in general (and it helps with constipation too :p).
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    ....and it makes your skin taste great, too!

You have excellent English. I would have never known you're French. Except for the wonderful, natural skin care techiniqe. That's very French.

:flowerforyou:

^^This!!^^

You people are too sweet! :))
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    Sounds great!!! I will try! Thanks for sharing!!!! :)

You are very welcome :))
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    Bump!

Thanks for sharing!

• HealthyGinny
    Options
    I'm definitely going to try this. I have horrible blotchy skin. I have been looking for something to do that was all natural & effective. Thanks! :smile:

I'm happy to help! :) My skin is a nightmare if I don't take care of it so I get it!
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    I like to make my own cleanser with green tea, honey and plain yogurt! Natural is the way to go!! :smile: I'll have to try this lemon concoction, it sounds nice.

Tbh, I often make masks for my skin, my hair, my nails, etc. with almost everything that is in my kitchen ;)
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    Sounds like something worth trying!

My new discovery is mixing a packet of unflavored gelatin (about 1 TBSP) with 1.5 TBSP of milk, microwaving for 15 seconds... and you have a homemade blackhead remover mask! SOOOOOO much cheaper than Biore strips. (1 box of gelatin, which contained 4 packets, was like $1.32) I did my whole face, with enough leftover that I could have shared with another person. Leave the mask on for at least 15 minutes, until it starts to harden up. Then peel off carefully, rinse at the end to get rid of any leftover residue. (Be sure to peel the mask though, and not wash it off - peeling is what will remove the blackheads!)

Very effective... over a week later and my skin still looks great and feels soft!

Hey, thank you for the tip!! :)
  • HealthyGinny
    Options
    honey + yugort + cucumber joice always hasbeen in many beauty recepies.

Yes, I try different recipes quite often, I just find the lemon+sugar+honey super easy and quick to make in the morning when I'm in a rush! ;) Plus, I feel good using the lemon pulp I otherwise throw away!
    I should try your recepy although I am somehow doubtfull with sugar. because it is not good for skin when you eat it.my skin is so fatty.

Don't worry, eating it and putting it on your skin are 2 very different things. I've read quite a bit on the subject of sugar as a scrubbing tool (for instance: http://elqalatawy.hubpages.com/hub/Sugar-for-Face-is-all-what-your-Face-Skin-Needs).

But if you have really oily skin, you could do it only once in a while, and more often use half a lemon that you rub on your skin, it works wonders too :))
    Thank you honey

You're welcome :D
  • chocolateandpb
    Options

Tbh, I often make masks for my skin, my hair, my nails, etc. with almost everything that is in my kitchen ;)

Yep! One of my favorite masks is just 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt with 1/2 to 1 oz shaved dark chocolate. It smells amazing (it's hard not to eat it!) and makes my skin so soft, smooth and even!

I also like to make body scrubs using ground coffee and Greek yogurt. :smile:
  • HealthyGinny
    Options

Yep! One of my favorite masks is just 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt with 1/2 to 1 oz shaved dark chocolate. It smells amazing (it's hard not to eat it!) and makes my skin so soft, smooth and even!

I also like to make body scrubs using ground coffee and Greek yogurt. :smile:

Oh, I like the idea of Greek Yogurt and ground coffee <3 Thanks. I tend to stick to sugar+sth else for scrubbing but I'll try this one!
  • chocolateandpb
    Options
    I just wanted to add that I tried this tip this morning and it was lovely!! My skin feels so soft and the treatment felt luxurious and smelled yummy! Thanks so much. :flowerforyou:
  • limesublime
    limesublime Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for sharing!