• morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    cool beans

Oh how I hate that one! And moist.
  • kellimr
    kellimr Posts: 69
    Options
    When someone over the age of 25 responds to something I said with "I know riiiiiggghht?!?!" This response should be left to teenagers where it originated. It's akin to teens in the 80's responding with "totally..." Leave the 'teen' talk where it should be!
  • jericamom
    jericamom Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When people say "just saying" after they already said something.

You don't need to do that. It's unnecessary.

The fact that you said it means that you "just said" it.

Knock it off.

This is definitely mine, too.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    When the annoying, prissy girls at work say "Awkward" "I was at the bar checking my phone and this guy tried to talk to me. OMG, it was so awkward...!"

Really, someone trying to talk to you at a bar was awkward? This is the bullsh*t I have to deal with sometimes...

:laugh: This! Everything is so "awkward" now. Bullsh*t, indeed. It's bullsh*t, not awkward.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Chillax.

Like, you know.
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    "swag"
    " that's beast"
    "yolo"
    "that's legit"

SWAG! Hahahaha I had to ask a junior high kid what the crap that meant! That made me smile.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

\
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    "swag"
    " that's beast"
    "yolo"
    "that's legit"

"Preggers" (or any variation thereof)
    "I know, right!"
    "Jelly" (in lieu of jealous)
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    "Legitimate rape"
    Effin Todd Akin. Dumb @ss mother fu*ker.
  • Psyb3r
    Psyb3r Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Be patient.

:laugh:
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I think also saying "be strong" to me has an implication that not only should the person not have any weakness through a crappy situation, but also it seems like it's a way for the person saying it to stay at an emotional distance.

If I was going through something traumatic and someone told me to "be strong" I'd say "ok" and punch them in the eyes

hahahahahaha
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    "hubby". If you absolutely HAVE to contract a simple, TWO SYLLABLE word, wouldn't it be "hussy"? Either way, you sound like an absolute dumb*ss.

Stop saying it. It makes me want to punch you in the face.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It could be the result of autocorrect, but "come on" written as "common" makes me see red and go a little cross-eyed.

I usually make a point of not correcting anyone's grammar or spelling, though, because it really sucks to be a dyslexic grammar nazi and I just know I'll write something wrong.
  • bmooreFun
    Options
    "As well"
    "That's a good question"
    "It is what it is"
    "Let me ask you something"
  • SarahSmiles2004
    SarahSmiles2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    "irregardless" - it's a made up word - it's regardless, regardless of what you think
    "yolo"
    "dawg"
    "homie"
    "g-****" you fill in the blank. Don't be G in front of anything
    "essentially" - my co-worker uses this CONSTANTLY when he is on the phone or telling someone how to do something "essentially you....." OMG find a new word!
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Everything that involves the word suicide in insanity.
  • KatMinch
    Options
    I'm guilty of most of these. Like I say "coolbeans", "my bad", "bro", and "dude". It's a habit. But I can say I will never use the term YOLO - drives me crazy.

...Speaking of crazy, the term 'cray' is annoying too. My best friend says cray-cray all the time - I just want to punch her lol.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    "Teachable moment" - that phrase makes me want to drive my head through a wall of cinder block.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    -mami
    -wot (instead of WHAT, or any other time when people change letters or add letters to words that dont need them,, its just plain stupid AND annoying. HATE SLANG, period. )
    -hru (and every other abbreviation you can think of!, most of them are just annoying, I mean, are you that lazy to type?, dont talk to me then)
    - this! (yeah, I found I have this pet peeve in these forums)
    -preggers/prego (are you really prego?, are u a tomato sauce then?? :explode: :grumble: dont know where that slang came from, but I haaaaaate it!!!)
    -baby bump
    -swag
    -yolo
    -chillax/chillaxing... you are either chilling or relaxing :explode:
    -kwel instead of cool.. wtf
    -sammich

and I know there are more, since im real picky LOL