It is what it is

^^ THIS!!

and the words moist, nougat and panties make me stabby
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    when people say "meow" instead of "now"

Does this actually happen??? :laugh:
    ya, for example "I want school to be over right MEOW so I can go to the beach"

This is a tribute to "Super Troopers", and I find it hilarious.
  • SarahSmiles2004
    SarahSmiles2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of most of these. Like I say "coolbeans", "my bad", "bro", and "dude". It's a habit. But I can say I will never use the term YOLO - drives me crazy. Speaking of crazy, the term 'cray' is annoying too. My best friend says cray-cray all the time - I just want to punch her lol.

Yes, cray cray irritates me, my boss does it. I just look at him "really now?"
  • KevinLamb77
    Options
    irregardless.

I do not think it means what you think it means.
    [/quote

Anybody wan a peanut?

Mine is "to a man" What the F^ck does that mean? it sounds f^cking stupid. Espically when a female sideline reporter is saying it. ]
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    The word "crotch". Why?!? Makes me think of something itchy and unclean for some reason. What an ugly word.
  • katatonickitten
    katatonickitten Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Around here my friends (who mostly are gay)
    say "Werk" as in "work it"

and they say "that's dry"

So whenever they say that, I always respond with "Unemployed!" or "Wellfare!"
    and "Uhg, moist"

just to throw them off.. So I guess I don't hate it, I just like messing with them.

I do hate when someone messages me, and doesn't say hi, or anything like that but they say "wuts good" ...first of all, it's "what" and secondly, I don't know? watermelon? raindrops on roses? what the heck do they want to know?

Or, "the next (insert noun)"
    what the hell!
    "this next girl" ... "this next car" ... this next piss off!!! Learn to speak!

swag, yolo, and all those other stupid teeny bopper acronyms are all stupid too, for so many reasons. But many of you already covered that. :P
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    "mind you" -- usually used to precede some sort of justification

"cool story, bro" -- such a lame response
  • katatonickitten
    Options
    "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

\

Yea that one deserves a punch in the mouth.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

\

Agree! 1 - hello pushing anorexia statement (and crap.......my partner is struggling to stay in recover from anorexia & bulemia at the moment, and I've had friends - yes, more than one - who have gone into cardiac arrest before age 30. So I don't think it's a cute or fun line to play with or joke about) and 2 - you're not eating the right damn things if you HONESTLY think that! At one point I had actually taken a client to a psychiatry appointment, and the doctor's office staff had that up.....when we stood to check out at the reception area, I could see the sign that said that, plain as day across their area on the wall behind them...... I was SO. MAD. Especially because it was at a psychiatrist's office where he may be treating patient's who have problems with eating disorders, and in clear patient view.
  • esjohnson03
    esjohnson03 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    "muscle weighs more than fat" --> No, 1lb of muscle weighs = 1lb of fat, however muscle is generally more dense than fat.

"Honestly, (insert sentence here)" --> Why wouldn't I want your honest answer/opinion? Yes, please constantly lie to me!
  • katatonickitten
    Options

"cool story, bro" -- such a lame response

Hahah, I'm bad for that one.
    and "you mad,bro?'

but that's because I'm a nasty troll sometimes :P
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    When people are saying bye and say "late"
  • KatMinch
    Options
    The word "crotch". Why?!? Makes me think of something itchy and unclean for some reason. What an ugly word.

I agree!!!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Whilest
    Hit-n that
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    The phrase "You know what you do when you "assume"....you make an *kitten* out of U M E"......Why would you call yourself an *kitten*. That's just stupid.

hahaha that reminds me that when i was a kid my grandma always used to say "Takes one to know one!" and it bugged me soooo much as well. For that same reason ;)
  • SarahSmiles2004
    SarahSmiles2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    irregardless.

I do not think it means what you think it means.
    [/quote

Anybody wan a peanut?

Mine is "to a man" What the F^ck does that mean? it sounds f^cking stupid. Espically when a female sideline reporter is saying it. ]

Oh, yes, I'm going to say that every time someone says "irregardless." I do not think it means what you think it means. YES! Thank you.
  • KatMinch
    Options
    Just thought of another.

"Hella"

My brother lives in California and he started saying this on the phone - I couldn't help but laugh. Now all my friends say it. It's annoying...
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    This thread has been so therapeutic!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    easy peasy... I HATE that saying!!
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Quintessential: Mostly used by people who have no idea what it means and EVERYTHING cannot be Quintessential :tongue:

Axe: The word is ASK!

Mate: By americans and YES I'm an American :smile:

It is what it is: F-ing stupid!

Random: I hear this mostly from teenagers and they use it in every other sentence. Once again, EVERYTHING cannot be random!