If you're fat, don't call someone else fat!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I agree put her on ignore. My MIL loves to give me cloths, used and holey. But they dont fit her any more... (she isnt losing weight) But if they dont fit her they must fit me. Please feel free to look at my ticker (sans 49lbs) I keep mum and drop everything she gives me to the good will on my way out of town. Just so you know.... she did it before I got sick, my last journey I got down to 167, you wouldnt believe the comments from her... oh wait yes you would.. lol
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    SO every time I post a new picture of myself on Facebook my cousin feels the need to say I'm fat. MIND YOU, I have lost 14 lbs and I really LIKE the way I look. Everyone else is like, nice pic, or hits the like button, but she feels the need to say "you're fat" Really dude, NO ONE ASKED, and thank you for calling me fat while YOU my cousin, are clearly 100lb+ over weight. (and normally I don't care about how much someone is over weight, but don't comment on my pictures about my weight when NO ONE ASKED)

End of rant....

I say NEVER call anyone fat even when your not fat. It's not nice. I would rather be nice to people and treat them with respect. Some people are still working on it. I've been there and done that and even though I've achieved my goal I remember all to well what it was like to be obese.

I'm not attacking her. Honestly I don't even care about her weight. Heck she's lost 30lbs and I was the first one to tell her she looks nice (and meant it) I dnt sit around all day and think about her weight, but why does she feel the need to call ME fat.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    How about don't call people "fat" "skinny" or "ugly" no matter what you are shaped like.
    It's called tact people. Learn it, love it, live it.

It's not my habit to go around calling ppl fat. but I was too pissed to think of anything else to say. I don't appreciate ppl feeling the need to call me whatever they feel like when I keep my personal opinion about them to MYself, because they didn't ask for it.
    I didn't mean to insinuate that you did. I just meant in general people should keep those things to themselves.

You do look great.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    SO every time I post a new picture of myself on Facebook my cousin feels the need to say I'm fat. MIND YOU, I have lost 14 lbs and I really LIKE the way I look. Everyone else is like, nice pic, or hits the like button, but she feels the need to say "you're fat" Really dude, NO ONE ASKED, and thank you for calling me fat while YOU my cousin, are clearly 100lb+ over weight. (and normally I don't care about how much someone is over weight, but don't comment on my pictures about my weight when NO ONE ASKED)

End of rant....

I say NEVER call anyone fat even when your not fat. It's not nice. I would rather be nice to people and treat them with respect. Some people are still working on it. I've been there and done that and even though I've achieved my goal I remember all to well what it was like to be obese.

Not only is it not nice... ITS DOWN RIGHT RUDE. if you cant say something nice, keep your mouth shut. Just smile and nod.
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Sorry, cousin or not cousin BUT if she was mines, I would be giving her a slap..

across the face....

with a sledgehammer :)

Either that or just comment on the fact that she clearly has that low self esteem and body hatred issues that she has to make cruel comments on your facebook picture just to make herself feel better which in actual fact it won't make her feel better. Tell her she needs to look at herself in the mirror, like really look and concentrate on herself rather than you. Oh and also calling you fat won't make her any skinnier, but being on a diet might help :wink:

I would make her cry and wallow in her own self pity with your words!! Do not call her fat back... just psychoanalyse her and pick on her weak points! (low self esteem/ external lotus of evaluation/ maybe throw a few Freud references at her)

She has made you feel bad, let her know that you understand that she feels this way but directing it at you is not nice, and you have to make an impact on her like this or it won't sink in...

If she refuses to listen to you and is that stubborn, just ask her what she weighs and then retaliate with "well technically you are clinically obese, I am only over weight, go on a diet before your heart gives out and you acquire type 2 diabetes good bye"

God I sound cruel, gotta be cruel to be kind with *****es though!
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You should return the favor..
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If your cousin is important to you, then ask her (PM her) WHY she is calling you fat when she herself is overweight. Don't let it escalate into an argument, just listen to her reasons and respond sensibly.

If you don't really care for your cousin, block her.
  • virichi08
    Options
    How about don't call people "fat" "skinny" or "ugly" no matter what you are shaped like.
    It's called tact people. Learn it, love it, live it.

It's not my habit to go around calling ppl fat. but I was too pissed to think of anything else to say. I don't appreciate ppl feeling the need to call me whatever they feel like when I keep my personal opinion about them to MYself, because they didn't ask for it.
    I didn't mean to insinuate that you did. I just meant in general people should keep those things to themselves.

You do look great.

oooh, ok, lol. Thanks, I was just heated, and i'm like, you know other people can see those comments right. Her husband felt the need to tell me one of my pictures was ugly. THAT IS FINE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIKE IT, but there really isn't a need to tell me that on the site. so I deleted his comment. (about to do the same with hers)
  • virichi08
    Options
    If your cousin is important to you, then ask her (PM her) WHY she is calling you fat when she herself is overweight. Don't let it escalate into an argument, just listen to her reasons and respond sensibly.

I care for her A LOT, the problem is, I've noticed that my family tends to feel the need to comment on everyone else weight
  • virichi08
    Options
    Sorry, cousin or not cousin BUT if she was mines, I would be giving her a slap..

across the face....

Either that or just comment on the fact that she clearly has that low self esteem and body hatred issues that she has to make cruel comments on your facebook picture just to make herself feel better which in actual fact it won't make her feel better. Tell her she needs to look at herself in the mirror, like really look and concentrate on herself rather than you. Oh and also calling you fat won't make her any skinnier, but being on a diet might help :wink:

AHAHA... LOL. TOO FUNNY. I love my cousin, we are closer than just cousins, but this is really ANNYOING. I sent her a picture last week because we swap pictures of each other and her kids, and she tells me I look fat. -_- again, i didn't ask her what she thought about my weight!!!! ARRRGHH
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

I care for her A LOT, the problem is, I've noticed that my family tends to feel the need to comment on everyone else weight

Some people are just busybodies. And in most cases the more they comment on the appearance of others, the more they are concerned about their own appearance. It's projecting, and it's not ok. You need to make certain they know you won't be part of that cycle.
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options

across the face....

AHAHA... LOL. TOO FUNNY. I love my cousin, we are closer than just cousins, but this is really ANNYOING. I sent her a picture last week because we swap pictures of each other and her kids, and she tells me I look fat. -_- again, i didn't ask her what she thought about my weight!!!! ARRRGHH

Just point blank say to her that you would appreciate it if she stopped commenting on your weight or you are going to start commenting on hers. See how she feels when the shoe is on the other foot. If she say's she wouldn't bother about it she's lying; she would.

I have had two CLEARLY clinically obese girls in my life call me fat, literally 200+lbs when I was no where near that and never have been... but I was like "That's all right doll, say whatever you need to say to me to make yourself feel better, because you and I know this *kitten* is not true when you are trying to back up in a room to fit your body into a full length mirror and you fail because you hit the wall at the other side of the room, but hey, I'm all for boosting self confidence even if that means you have to call someone less than half your size fat, because clearly no one else blows your trumpet! :)"

I'm not a beat around the bush kinda person, say it straight up or don't say it at all, with tact obviously though! haha!
  • virichi08
    Options
    Some people are just busybodies. And in most cases the more they comment on the appearance of others, the more they are concerned about their own appearance. It's projecting, and it's not ok. You need to make certain they know you won't be part of that cycle.
    [/quote]

This is true. I've had body issues since i was 9...i honestly the remember the day it started and what lead up to it. So It does annoy me when my family comments on my weight.
  • virichi08
    Options
    Just point blank say to her that you would appreciate it if she stopped commenting on your weight or you are going to start commenting on hers. See how she feels when the shoe is on the other foot. If she say's she wouldn't bother about it she's lying; she would.

I have had two CLEARLY clinically obese girls in my life call me fat, literally 200+lbs when I was no where near that and never have been... but I was like "That's all right doll, say whatever you need to say to me to make yourself feel better, because you and I know this *kitten* is not true when you are trying to back up in a room to fit your body into a full length mirror and you fail because you hit the wall at the other side of the room, but hey, I'm all for boosting self confidence even if that means you have to call someone less than half your size fat, because clearly no one else blows your trumpet! :)"

I'm not a beat around the bush kinda person, say it straight up or don't say it at all, with tact obviously though! haha!
    [/quote]

Ahahah.... wow. you let them know!!!!
  • rbjd2004
    Options
    You can definitely block certain posts from certain people. Add her to a new "list" and then exclude the list from certain posts. Having negative people around is part of life, especially when it comes to family. It happens to all of us (I think?? LOL Most people I know have at least one meanie in the family - usually jealousy). When it's time to shine, you can totally invite certain people from your friends list and exclude other lists.

I have negative people in my family. People that told me I was "fat" when I got boobs at the age of twelve and was at the bottom end of my BMI range. I was skinny, awkward, but had boobs and hips and family members had the audacity to say "Wow, you've been putting on weight" as opposed to something more appropriate (I got boobs and hips, I was growing into a woman... hell, I don't know. Anything would have been better than telling me I was putting on weight).

Give yourself some piece of mind. If you can't block her from seeing certain stuff because it's too hard, then just ignore her. You want to keep your family, but also keep your sanity. More than likely, she's just jealous of your progress when she has nothing to show for herself.

Hugs and loves, dear!
  • TeamNoExcuses
    Options
    I dnt think it's a jealousy thing, my family is from the Islands and they're the type who even if they haven't see you in a year they'll tell you you are either too thin how fat you got. like jees, you don't look like a swim suit model yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! example: I was about 160 before my weight gain and they told me i was TOO small. now im 180 and I'm fat. let me get down to 175 and i'll be too skinny again. LIKE THANKS, NO ONE FRICKN ASKED. i don't lose weight for you.

I LOL'd at this because it's so true!! omg. My friends and I joke about this all the time. West Indian people love letting you know that THEY know how you look. O_O They always tell you if you are looking fat or skinny, have a pimple etc..... men women and children, no one escapes. And half the time they are worse than you! lol. And THEN they try to give you a solution to your "problem!" haha. I hate when they do that! sigh...
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    There's a way on FB where you can keep people from commenting on your posts. They can still see them, but they can't post to them- that way she gets the message you don't appreciate her saying those things.
  • virichi08
    Options
    I dnt think it's a jealousy thing, my family is from the Islands and they're the type who even if they haven't see you in a year they'll tell you you are either too thin how fat you got. like jees, you don't look like a swim suit model yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! example: I was about 160 before my weight gain and they told me i was TOO small. now im 180 and I'm fat. let me get down to 175 and i'll be too skinny again. LIKE THANKS, NO ONE FRICKN ASKED. i don't lose weight for you.

I LOL'd at this because it's so true!! omg. My friends and I joke about this all the time. West Indian people love letting you know that THEY know how you look. O_O They always tell you if you are looking fat or skinny, have a pimple etc..... men women and children, no one escapes. And half the time they are worse than you! lol. And THEN they try to give you a solution to your "problem!" haha. I hate when they do that! sigh...

AHHHHHHHHHHH............I KNOW U KNOW WHAT I MEAN. ugh, lets not talk about the pimples. I've been breaking out since i was 12 or so, and sometimes they get terrible out of the blue then they clear up. one time they saw me after they started clearing up and i was feeling reeeeally good about myself, well that feeling went straight down the toilet when they HAD to say SOMETHING... like DANG, IT'S MY FACE, U DNT THINK I SEE MYYYY FACE EVVVVERYDAY :explode: :explode: :mad: :mad: :mad: :huh: :huh:
  • banks89202
    Options

across the face....

You do realize there are many 200+ people on this site....
  • virichi08
    Options

across the face....

You do realize there are many 200+ people on this site....

Indeed. :indifferent: