One year on MFP - 105 pounds down

Options
rainman3k
rainman3k Posts: 174 Member
On September 26th of last year I returned home from a shopping trip only to realize that the previous 7 months had been a frustrating waste to reach my goal of mainting a healthy lifestyle.

During that trip I had purchased a few new pairs of jeans and some sweaters for for the fall season.

After realizing that I had only managed to lose 1 size in the jeans, I decided to stay home and do some searching for new tools to help me reach my goal. I found a post by my oldest MFP friend while searching and I saw what success he had had and decided to join MFP that night. It took me several days to finally get setup and understand how the site worked, but I instantly found that this was a site that could help me achieve my dreams.

Within two weeks of joining, I had found I could log my food, do exercise and most importantly - Rely on my new friends to support me on the journey to a maintaining a new healthy lifestyle.

Some key stats from the last year on MFP:

Loss 105 pounds since 10/3/11, 133 total from 2/1/11
Body fat decreased from 41.9% to 25.8%
Pant size from 54 to 38
Shirt Size from 3XL/4XL to XL
6 prescribed medications to none

I owe a big thank you to all of my MFP friends that have helped me over the past year and to all of my real life friends that have provided help and motivation!

October 2011 - 339
101511f.jpg
October 2012 - 234
092012f3.JPG
October 2011 - 339
101511s.jpg
October 2012 - 234
092012s1.JPG

Replies

• Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Wow! You''re doing amazingly well, way to go!
  • Scribble27
    Scribble27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Awesome, well done :)
  • HopetoFaith
    Options
    Good job, keep going the same path :)
  • cip1
    cip1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey man, amazing change!
    well done you :)
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    wow ...you are doing amazing..keep going!!
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Well done !!! amazing achievement :drinker:
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are on your way to where you want to be!
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    Way to go!! You're well on your way to where you want to be. Congratulations!!
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Truly a journey of epic proportion!! The pictures are amazing... but don't come close to the whole story!! Congratulations sweetie...know you will continue to succeed and reach all your goals. :drinker:
  • moomaq
    moomaq Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    so inspiring.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Wow - amazing progress! Great job
  • dcjackson50
    Options
    What an amazing transformation ! You are truly one of the most dedicated and committed people I know. I have learned a lot from you and with you over the last year and you continue to be inspiring as you always manage to keep your enthusiasm and positive energy going,......that alone is awesome as most of us give up or fall off track here and there. You have been steadfast and deserve the success,.....you put in the hard work for it and it shows !!:happy:
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    Absolutely awesome. I look at many of these posts and keep saying to myself, if they can do it, so can I! Could you go into a bit more detail about how you have done this?
  • Dying2Live84
    Dying2Live84 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Awesome, way to go! you look fantastic :)

xx
  • LFern
    LFern Posts: 141
    Options
    You have to FEEL so much better!!

I too would like to ask what other things you changed in your life - besides adding exercise - to help you become healthier.
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • moxleye
    moxleye Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The change is huge! Great job!!!!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing change! Congrats!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results from all your dedication! Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!