heels

Options
13»

Replies

• morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I have yet to notice a difference. I did have more swelling when I was eating whatever I wanted so now that I don't have that, it helps in that regard.
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Nope. I wear ridicously amazing high heels and they still hurt! But nothing looks better than a great pair of heels!

Im with you on this one. I LOVE my heels and losing weight hasn't made to much of a difference except I am more steady!!!!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I think if you find some quality shoes that really fit, wearing high heels does not have to hurt. Even when I was close to 200 pounds, I never had a problem. It also probably takes some practice to be comfortable in them. You definitely have to alter your walk when you wear heels...can't clomp around like you would in sneakers.

I wear 4 - 5" heels every single day at work, and I'm walking on concrete and marble floors all day long, and I don't have a problem with pain. I've found that Kenneth Cole and Cole Haan are the most comfortable brands.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    does losing a significant amount of weight make wearing heels less painful? x

LOL it did for me!

5 inch heels and they felt AWESOME:
    Roberta_Saum_VT4_2_SIDE.jpg

But this is the REAL me:
    roberta_big_pants_zpsbb1d82b3.jpg

And I would have dared to where heels like that when I was obese, I would have toppled over:
    MeandRandy_zpscadd3eae.jpg
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Why on earth do some women subject themselves to pain, just to look good?
    I just don't get it.
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Definite NO! I have skinny friends and when we all go out in heels, everyone, no matter their weight or fitness level has their shoes off at the end of the night, rubbing their feet in pain.

Even SJP has been caught with band-aids on her feet in her heels!
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    It definitely had that effect for me. I could never walk in heels before; I could barely balance and it was really uncomfortable. As a result, I never wore them (though I owned one pair). Then, a few weeks ago, I had to start wearing them for work and suddenly, it was incredibly easy and not at all uncomfortable, even though they were the same shoes. That weight made a huge difference.
  • amez1974
    amez1974 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It definitely hurts less since I've lost weight. 3" heels are easy peasy (no aches or pains)--I've started wearing 4.5 or so now and my legs will hurt after hours in them I couldn't even wear them at my high weight. I've even spent an evening dancing in them!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I can rock a pair of tall heels now like it's nobody's business BUT I think it's a confidence thing, not a weight loss/more comfortable thing for me personally. ;)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Yes it does. When I was 300 pounds and wearing heels, it severely hurt my feet. Now at 228 it doesn't hurt as much as it did. I can only imagine how much better they'll feel when I'm at 180 or 160.
  • scottatorres
    Options
    Agree! And here's my shameless plug: http://pinterest.com/renatte68/shoes-scott-would-love/
  • scottatorres
    Options
    Shameless plug in favor of heels: http://pinterest.com/renatte68/shoes-scott-would-love/
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm skinny... I hurts if I walk around in heels for a long time, unless they're pretty wide an then there's no difference.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    For ME yes losing weight made wearing heels much easier. When i was skinny, young and thought i was fat i wore heels all the time. When I actually became fat I could barely stand in heels for a few mins. Now i'm almost back to my regular heel swag.
  • amberlilies
    amberlilies Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I would imagine that it might have something to do with the quality of the shoe. Not to sound like a shoe snob, but my Clarks and Bandolinos, while a little pricier, have always done right by me. The $19.99 Payless, as cute as they are, I find either cause back or leg pain. I can spend a week training/teaching in my Clarks and be fine. I can go out to a dinner party in cheap shoes and need to kick them off under the table when I sit down. And those dang skyscraper heels? Yeah. I haven't found a pair I can wear for long periods of time.

Gosh, I need a different pair of Bandolinos. Mine kill.