Protein Powders ??!

Options
13»

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I found this one: North Coast Naturals - 100% Iso Protein (Whey) at Real Canadian Superstore in Canada.

http://www.northcoastnaturals.com/products/isoprotein.php

Low lactose, low sodium, no soy, low cholesterol, tastes good, 24g protein per scoop.
    Chocolate, vanilla, unflavoured.
    I got 908g/2lbs. for $29.00
    Saw it in Bulk Barn for $34.00
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I go with whey protein, because I'm wary of adding too much soy to my diet. Because it's from cow milk, I'm also wary of the added hormones, pesticides, etc., so I pay attention to that part of the equation -- all of that is to say, I won't offer specific recommendations, because we're looking for different things, and I've only tried the ones that meet my criteria. BUT, when you do find one you like, there are a lot of GREAT subscribe & save deals on Amazon, where you can get an additional discount for subscribing to regular shipments of your product. I've done this in the past with no problems -- I've even cancelled after my first shipment, with no problems. So it's easy to stop if you change your mind, but a great way to save extra money (especially if you've already got free shipping).
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My favorite for cooking with (protein pancakes, protein bars etc..) is Sunwarrior Rice Protein, it's gluten free with nothing artificial in it. For shakes and mixing in with my oatmeal etc..I like Amp Wheybolic Cookies & Cream or About Time Birthday Cake Whey Isolate, all three have some BCAA's in them.
  • SNorris01
    SNorris01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use Kroger brand whey/soy mix they have both chocolate and vanilla. 120 calories per two scoops. I mix it with almond milk add a little extra chocolate powder, good stuff...sometimes you can find it really on sale so that is when I stock up..
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    http://www.abbperformance.com/ This brand tastes better than others i have tried.
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am looking at the same. Do you use these as meal replacements or in addition to your diet? Do they help with recovery?
  • nphect
    nphect Posts: 474
    Options
    I am looking at the same. Do you use these as meal replacements or in addition to your diet? Do they help with recovery?

its really only of use if your trying to build muscle. Works as a meal replacement, and if your male and your trying to get in 200-300G of protein a day, that is kind of hard to do eating a bunch of food.
  • stepherzautry
    Options
    Great options everyone!!!! I've bought the Body Fortress Cookies and Cream, but next month I'm buying 100% Whey Gold Standard Cookies & Cream!!! :D Thanks everyone.
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I use MRM brand. Love the Dutch Chocolate flavor....Great in smoothies before heading out the door in the morning or post workout recovery.
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    I use GNC amp wheybolic. I love it and it's always on special... Buy one get one 50 percent off, plus 20 percent off the first week of each month. I know that place is crawling with dude-bros..... But I love that protein powder.

Same here, I have used the Jillian Michaels one, but I couldn't stand the flavor; and the other one I have tried is this one http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=10963292

I liked the flavor, but one day, the salesperson at GNC told me about the amp wheybolic, so I purchased 3 flavors (strawberry, vanilla and chocolate). Because I'm new to protein powders, I buy them in the 1.22 lb pouch so I can rotate faster between brands.

And I didn't got deep into the differences between whey, casein or soy, I might try those in the future.