No late night snacking - 01/11/2010 to 01/17/2010

Options
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/74560-no-late-night-snacking-01-04-2010-to-01-11-2010

Well, here is to another week.

For anyone that wants to join, please do. Set a cutoff time (may vary from night to night) for all of you who may find you have the bored late night munchies. Many might pick the two-hour window before bedtime. Post and encourage us, letting us know where your weaknesses are and what tricks you have to succeed. See you on the boards.

Replies

• Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Heyy Lula! I am still here, haven't eaten past 7 in 2 weeks! Yay! I will try 2 check in everyday.. BUt I am always lurking...
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    7:00 is my cut off for "whatever foods" after that I can only have raw veggies to curb any hunger. After that, 9:00 is a complete cut-off. Only water or tea (if I need something hot) after that.
    Hope we can all make it!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Heyy Lula! I am still here, haven't eaten past 7 in 2 weeks! Yay! I will try 2 check in everyday.. BUt I am always lurking...
    No lurkers Nikki. We need your support as much as you might need ours. So keep posting and helping us out. Two weeks success is AWESOME!!!! Keep it going.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    7:00 is my cut off for "whatever foods" after that I can only have raw veggies to curb any hunger. After that, 9:00 is a complete cut-off. Only water or tea (if I need something hot) after that.
    Hope we can all make it!

I love your reasonableness for your goals. It makes perfect sense.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    For me, my cutoff for this week is going to be 7:30 until date night on Friday night with hubby. Then just peppermint tea. Problem for me is I am so sick to my stomach today, I have hardly been able to eat. Might just have to chalk this day up and start fresh tomorrow as far as getting in my calories. Made sure not to exercise though so I didn't hurt myself.

Thank you ALL for posting. It helps me out.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Lulabelle, I hope you feel better soon.

This week my cutoff will be 7:30pm also. Last night, I was successful with my cutoff to a point, but I was out with friends and ate Sushi and drank wine. I don't think I really over did it, but I did not even attempt to log it in. Good luck to all this week!
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    My goal is 8pm.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Totally blew it last night. Ice cream got me. No self-control. Felt like YUCK going to bed last night and cranky. Learned my lesson. That's my one mistake for the week. Bad way to start the week, but good reminder of why I need to stick to a cutoff. I know I'll do better tonight.

Hope you all had a successful evening :)
  • Bebe
    Bebe Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi everyone...I'm here. I have adjusted my weight to be more honest. It has only been 2 weeks for me, so I am still ok. Don't want to lose too fast again. Have a great day!!
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I want in. I will not snack after 630
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Well, I posted my cutoff for the week earlier this morning (it's now 630pm for me) BEFORE I was told that my command wanted to go out to eat. Of course, that means that we would not be eating until 8pm. So, I will shoot for cut-off tomorrow.
    To be on the safe side, I went to the gym before getting ready, at least. :smile:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    We all make need to make adjustments for unexpected things. Sometimes, my hubby doesn't come home until later than the cutoff, so I have to revamp my time. Enjoy yourself. There are exceptions to every rule.
  • Nikki143
    Options
    Still going strong not eating after 7... Last night it was 6:15 by the time I got home, I was running around like a madd woman! The hamburg couldn't cook fast enough, the water for the pasta wouldn't boil fast enough, But I ate at 6:50 ish... So I made it!
  • Nikki143
    Options
    No lurkers Nikki. We need your support as much as you might need ours. So keep posting and helping us out. Two weeks success is AWESOME!!!! Keep it going.

Ahh, okayyy.. lol!
    The only times I wont be around is when I'm not near a cpu.. I use works computer for now til I save enough to buy my own computer...
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    I am going to join you all and set a time for myself-8pm. My biggest challenge is definitely after dinner. I can be totally full, but feel like I need or deserve a dessert. I know this is tied to my emotions, not hunger. So, tonight, I will have maybe a low cal dessert, and if I'm tempted to have seconds....I will run to my computer and get on this message board. I promise myself!
  • sdgreen17
    sdgreen17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Can I join? This has become my biggest struggle. My husband is often gone for work, so I spend all my week-nights alone and as soon as the kids are in bed and the loneliness hits...out come the BBQ chips. It's terrible, and I am racked with guilt over it. But get this, looking at my food diary, I have noticed that I have actually started eating less at dinner so I have calories left so I CAN munch at night. Sick, I know. I can't believe I just admitted that.

So here I go. 7 pm is my cut-off time. I am going to eat all my calories before 7 pm so I don't have a choice.
  • Bebe
    Bebe Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi sdgreen17, Everything we do is a learning process, which I am still trying to learn every day. I am learning that you can eat the same amount of calories, whether it be bad or good for your body. It just depends on how you want to feel as a result. It is really hard for me to eat absolutely nothing after dinner. I 'phsycologically' need a snack. Whether it be a grapefruit, yogurt treat or even cereal, I can still make a good choice. I really use this sight as a 'eat healthy snack' instead of no snack. That's what works best for me.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Well, I stuck to my cutoff last night by 7:30. Technically, I didn't eat anything after 3 p.m., but had all my calories and exercise in. Wasn't hungry either. But remember I woke up and started work at 2:30 a.m., so my day ends a little earlier than most.

Tonight with hubby and kids will be the challenge, but we have a bible meeting at 7:30, so no eating from that point onward. Even trying to get my daughter to stop "late junk night snacking" (maybe that's what we should call this thread instead Bebe?) But she has been loving the peppermint tea with me.

Welcome Ten10, sdgreen17, kookla33. We are thrilled to have your encouragement and support.

Nikki, I have those moments. Just the smell of cooking food drives me crazy when I'm hungry. Great job on reaching your goal.

Teetee, how did your dinner go last night? Hope you had some fun for all of us.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I have been doing horrible! At least I feel like I am. I was successful last night. Sadly it was because I feel asleep with one of the kids and as I was about to go eat, the youngest woke up so I layed down with him and guess what.... not only did he fall back to sleep, but I did too (until 4:00am).
  • sdgreen17
    sdgreen17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I'm proud of you all for sticking to your goals!

I stuck to my cut-off time of 7 pm, but fell asleep hungry and then slept like crap. Woke up at 2:30am feeling kinda shaky, but I take a beta blocker (propranolol) and a seizure med (topamax) both for daily migraine preventation and I know the side effects can affect my blood sugar.

I'm thinking Bebe had a good idea, allowing for a small healthy snack before bedtime. And I HAVE to stop watching Food Network at night. SERIOUSLY!!!

This gets easier....right?