No late night snacking - 01/11/2010 to 01/17/2010

Options
2»

Replies

• Bebe
    Bebe Posts: 22
    Options
    I think that is a great name for our get togethers. Whatever everyone else thinks is good for me. I use it anyway, no matter what.

And, to sdgreen17, it does get easier. Give yourself 3 nights of trial, and then you start to not be as hungry. At least for me, anyway. And then there's the 'Well I'm not hungry, but I still feel like eating syndrome.' One thing at a time.

Good day everyone!!!!!
  • AndreaLee
    AndreaLee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For those of us with low blood sugar problems, I like the idea of allowing yourself raw veggies or a small piece of fruit at night. Sometimes I don't fall asleep until after 2:00 a.m. because I'm going through menopause. I heard that with eating a small apple, that you actually burn the calories off from it by just digesting it because of the fiber involved. So whether or not this is true, allowing yourself a little leeway is always good, and for those who work best with a total cut-off time, that's excellent too. :D
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    success 2 nights in a row!
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Lulabelle, Since you asked the dinner with my command was great. We went to a wine tasting and then I had baked chicken. All of it was tasty and I didn't enjoyed myself. But talking about late night dinners, I did not get to eat until 930pm! :grumble:
    This weekend, I have a double goal, to definitely avoid late night eating and eat good throughout the entire weekend. (For me, my weekend starts on Thursdays)
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: successful nights out of 3. I've even incorporated it for the kids. After their dessert (30 minutes after dinner), if they are still hungry later, then they get a big bowl of fruit with whipped cream. I had a nibble last night with them.

But the scale is moving. So like teetee, my goal is to be good through the weekend (my trouble spots). I have date night with hubby and friends on Friday and am already scouting out the menu and figuring out what to drink (i'm thinking two glasses of a spritzer with chardonnay with club soda - which actually makes it one glass of wine). Cocktails are my downfall, so I'm trying to see if I can find alternatives. But they are so yummy :drinker:

Hope you guys did well on our "no late night junk snacking". Keep posting.

teetee - wine tasting sounds yummy. we'll support each other throughout the weekend. On monday we will report good things :flowerforyou:
  • sdgreen17
    sdgreen17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We ended up eating a later dinner than usual last night due to some family issues. My hubby brought me home a 6-inch sub, but I didn't finish eating until about 7:20. So I didn't quite meet the cut-off time, but after that I was full for the rest of the night and didn't have the urge to munch until he started texting me at midnight telling me how much he missed me :sad:

I was able to resist...out of sheer laziness...I didn't want to get out of my warm bed. The weekends are usually easier for me, since my husband is home. As long as I can keep him from eating yummy tempting food in front of me, I should have good things to report on Monday.

Well done, everyone!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    sdgreen17 - I'd definitely count that as a success. Especially since you didn't give into your urges at midnight to get up and eat. The fact that you were still awake at midnight after having finished eating 4.5 hours earlier is impressive. Keep up the great job!
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    i AM Still in and going strong.. haven't eaten after 7 since I joined 2-3 weeks ago.. Good job to everyone stickin to their guns, and to those who fall into the trap, DON'T give up!
  • Nikki143
    Options
    i AM Still in and going strong.. haven't eaten after 7 since I joined 2-3 weeks ago.. Good job to everyone stickin to their guns, and to those who fall into the trap, DON'T give up!
  • sdgreen17
    sdgreen17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Good job, Nikki143, you're a freakin' rock star! Thanks for the encouragement, lulabelle, I definitely need it.

So, last night sucked for me. I caved. I had the calories to do it, but this time that wasn't done on purpose. But still...

I think my husband is trying to sabotage me. He brought home those wafer sticks with the chocolate in the middle, picks a fight with me, then leaves me there staring at the canister of crispy chocolate comfort. Of course I rationalize this by thinking that I was only at 1000 calories for the day (due to exercise calories) so I had to make them up SOMEwhere...

ACK. OK. Enough of the guilt trip. I am back on the bandwagon, starting.....NOW!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Nikki - awesome job. You don't even need us, but we sure need you, so keep posting as we need the encouragement.

sdgreen17 - Whenever my hubby brings home junk (because I to tend to want to eat junk after an argument), I throw it in the bottom of the trash can. If it is something I really want and might dig out, I crush it and put water on them. Desperate times call for desperate measures. If you stayed in your calories, you still did good. A lot of time with my late night eating, I start and can't stop and go over.

For me last night, it was a half success. Dinner didn't get put on the table until 6:50, but I was finished by 7 (didn't even get heartburn). Of course, I'm the one not eating late, and who gets called to get everyone else dessert? Yup, good old mom. So as I was making the ice cream floats, I took 3 bites of ice cream. But that was it, which is a HUGE accomplishment for me because I usually am unable to exhibit self-control with ice cream. One of the things that helped me is that I am finally starting to lose weight and I have to keep reminding myself not to self-sabotage it like I usually do. Even had to plan out my calories last night for "date night" tonight to make sure I evened things out throughout the day.

We are doing it ladies. Keep it going. Cut off time tonight is 9 p.m. because of "date" :blushing:

Have a great and successful evening!
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    i need to recommit! i keep failing. no food past 730 except tea before bed. here goes nothing
  • Nikki143
    Options
    Thanks Lula & SD! I will stick around! & I still need you guys as much as you need me!
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I am still on track! Tonight I am succeeding even though I have 3 teenage girls in the house for my oldest daughters sleepover. YIKES! I have NEVER bought so much junk food!

Oh well, I am succeeding tonight! A glass of water and then sweet dreams!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Date night with hubby and friends went well. Best part, the friends are his boss, so it got written off as a business dinner and we didn't have to pay. Stuck to the three bite rule for all sampling. Didn't even eat my whole small plate. It was a great night and a success for me - altho a lot of water today as I think my salt intake was a little more for me than usual.

Hope you all had a great night!
  • Bebe
    Bebe Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi! Weigh in day. I am back down to my 4 pounds of weight loss after 3 weeks. More permanent then the last time, I would think, when I lost 4 pounds in one week. That was nuts!! Anyway, I contribute it to regular exercising (mostly walking) and choosing healthy snacks at night. One night, I wasn't so good. I just felt like eating everything. (My old habit was coming back.) I ate popcorn cooked in oil with the kids. Then, I wanted something else. My mind was first thinking of chocolate. Oh, I consider chocolate one of the 4 food groups. Can't live without it. Anyway, I decided to get some oranges and peel them for a snack. I ended up feeding my whole family that way. It was nice to swing them my way for a change. Even though I wasn't totally good, I still call it a success story for not over indulging. You go girls!! Keep up the good work.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies, sorry, I've been MIA, but it seems as though I have been eating later and later each night (at least for the weekend that is). I've come to realize that on the weekends, my day starts and ends so late that I just don't eat right and always eat late. I can definitely admit, that I do make better choice and eat smaller portions so I am not mad at myself.
    This weekend, I only ate out once! That's a definite improvement for me. Next week I will do better.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    teetee - I'm in the same boat as you as far as eating later and later. Thank goodness it's a new week with new resolves. Good for you for only eating out one night. Great job!

bebe - You did awesome! My family's desserts now are fresh fruit and whip cream. No complaints yet. Awesome on the 4 lb weight loss.

wlhanisch - hope your friday night was successful. Three teenage girls and a bunch of junk. How did you do? I'm not sure my willpower is even that strong ;)

Nikki143 - You are our inspiration. How are you doing?

All our new joiners last week that I might have missed, I hope you keep it going with us and join us for this week's challenge. we need all the inspiration and encouragement you can give.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options