Science Nerd Friends

Options
Trechechus
Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
Hey. Science nerd here (first degree in bio, getting my second in environmental.) Lookin' for some more science-minded MFPeeps who can answer my science-y questions and be nerdy and stuff.

Replies

• Williamj
    Williamj Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My expertise (using the term loosely) lies with programming, but I would definitely say I'm a fan of physics.
  • Invictus195
    Options
    Aerospace engineering here and Im an astonomy/astrology documentary buff...Feel free to FR me :)
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I count as a giant nerd - BSc in in Marine Bio and Stats, PhD in Evolution, Ecology, Behaviour, and Neuroscience. Add me if you like.
    Science is awesome!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I really love science. Science and math were two of my primary interests from as far back as age 11. That was when I first remember really loving it and wanting to seek it out (that was also the age I started dancing). When I went off to college I was studying biology and dance. I had a particular interest in the biology of human sexuality and evolution at the time, but studied all aspects of human biology. I ended up majoring in dance and lightly minoring in Biology. My adviser at first was a physics teacher and he also co-taught a class I took that was dance and physics (it was a fun school that liked to do unusual interdisciplinary learning, so perfect for people that had an art and science interest). And I met my husband in college. He is a mathematician and a Physicist (he also did technological sculpture, so he worked on set and props for some of the dance projects I was involved with). So, my life is very immersed in science being with my husband (PhD in experimental Plasma physics and engineering), my science friends from college and now, plus I am always learning and exploring in many different areas of science just as a hobby. I may not be able to answer questions, but I enjoy science and learning and it's a big part of my life in more ways than one.
  • rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Studied mechanical engineering and business. Worked on nuclear submarine for awhile. Now I work in the control room of a nuclear power plant. I don't know if that makes me a science nerd, but I'm smarter than the average bear :bigsmile:

Feel free to add me if you like.
  • HeatherPH
    HeatherPH Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Total science nerd here! I'm finishing my PhD in social psych and am more than happy to talk science with any of you guys!
  • ReesesPuffs
    Options
    I have an autograph from Steven Hawking so I am more then qualified to answer any science questions you can throw at me
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Geologist and engineer here.
  • toledochic
    toledochic Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm a pharmacist who loves science and math! Big nerd here! :)
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I watched the discovery channel once
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Rock nerds are the WORST.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Ahem.
  • gingersnapx00
    Options
    BA in biology with a CJ minor. I love science esp microbiology! Heading to the field of forensics :)
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

:angry: I hate you.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I was never cool enough to hang out with the nerds...
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I like science, and nerds! Right now I'm studying chemistry, so if anyone can give me a hand it would be very helpful.
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Degree in Genetics, work as an industrial hygienist (pocket protectors AND high water pants).

And no, an industrial hygienist does not clean out gear teeth.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I *kitten* love science, but I don't have a fancy degree or anything. I am pretty good at kitchen science though.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

:angry: I hate you.

Your lies make the angels weep.
  • juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Options
    Althought not a scientest, I am a total nerd. I have a BS in Accounting. That and I am totally obsessed with your typical nerd hype... LOTR, etc.