protein

Options
2»

Replies

• Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    whats a good percentage for carbs....i just set it at 30% which is 90g.....is that to much
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    @jrs1008
    To work on my legs, my trainer has me do lunges (3 sets of 10 steps with two 20lb dumbells), and also he has me do a lot of squats (one legged with my toe pointed forward holding on to a rope type thingy - 3 sets of 12 of those). I have noticed that my 'butt' has almost completely disappeared except for muscle and my calves are really toned and my thighs are almost fat free! Good luck to you - and I hope this helps a little bit!:flowerforyou:

i have a hard time with squats will my knees build up to it as i go?

I have bad knees, and squats actually made them stronger...Just make sure you keep your knees behind your toes at all times, stick your butt (tailbone) out as far as you can and lean back on your heels.... It helps if you use dumbells in your hands and not on your shoulders - almost like a counter balance....
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    i cant seem to stay under my protein levels. Is it ok to go over? my daily goal is 46.

46 should not be your goal unless you are like 60 pounds.

Try to aim for about 0.8-1.0 gram of protein per LBM (Lean Body Mass)

So for example, I'm currently 188lbs with a LBM of around 160...so I aim for 160g of protein per day.
  • Julettashane
    Options
    ok i changed my percentages on my protein(40%), fat(30%), and carbs(30%)
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I eat about 150g protein a day. Which is about 1g protein per lbm. As for your my work out I'm on a 3 day split: Monday is chest/triceps day, Wednesday is leg/shoulders, Friday is back/bicep. Sunday is an optional day to get some hiit in. I also do about 10 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of either yoga or palates a day. If you'd like to use my work out as a starter/guideline:
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1WZTit_G2WZc1k0TGVBLWhzUm8
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    i did a LBM calculator and it said lean for me is around 110.....what is a good protein intake

100-110g
  • Julettashane
    Options
    lol angel i like your regime i could only wish to do half of it.... i dont even know what a skull crusher is....boy do i need help
  • Julettashane
    Options
    i know all of day 3 i try to focus on legs.....but ive noticed i need to start on my arms.....i noticed it when i was next to my 8month pregnant friend and my arms were slightly bigger lol
  • Julettashane
    Options
    I eat about 150g protein a day. Which is about 1g protein per lbm. As for your my work out I'm on a 3 day split: Monday is chest/triceps day, Wednesday is leg/shoulders, Friday is back/bicep. Sunday is an optional day to get some hiit in. I also do about 10 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of either yoga or palates a day. If you'd like to use my work out as a starter/guideline:
    https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1WZTit_G2WZc1k0TGVBLWhzUm8

im gonna start your regime.....hopefully i can do this! thank you