Dreading the bird..thanksgiving is approaching!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well my plan is to make things as low cal as possible and eat sensibly. I'm the cook so I control what goes in the food. If they don't like what I make, they can go elsewhere to eat. :happy:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    On Thanksgiving and Christmas I just relax and enjoy myself. I LOVE the holidays and refuse to deprive myself. If I can control myself the rest of November and December than the two holidays aren't going to undo everything.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have an issue with this. But my plan is portion size. I will grab a small spoonful of everything I like, and only have 1 plateful. I will not have more than 2 small pieces of desert. Pumpkin pie, and Pumpkin Pie cheesecake most likely will happen. I also plan on trying to work out a lot during the week of thanksgiving too, and not eat any exercise calories back, so I'm hoping that will help. :)
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I keep telling my fiance that I'm going to take Pumpkin Pie Yoplait light yogurt to his moms house and eat it instead of Pumpkin Pie. He says she'll be offended. Seriously? I don't care.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    There's no way I'm going to spend a couple of hours cooking just to gnaw carrots while everyone else eats. I'll have some of everything, one serving - including dessert - and then stop. No leftovers later that night, no pumpkin pie for breakfast the next morning. One meal off, the rest on. It'll work for me.
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I plan on eating as I normally would on Thanksgiving, having a bit of everything. Maybe I won't have seconds, but I'll be damned if I miss out on a once-a-year occasion because of a "diet." One day won't kill all the progress I've made thus far.

To me, this is the key. You must still celebrate, it is essential. Moderation as best as possible, then be really careful till the Christmas Feast.

This is my plan as well :)
  • deagh93
    deagh93 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm cooking. that means that I control what goes into that food. Past few years I've been putting more vegetables on the table and putting less butter in the food from the getgo. Butter is on the table if you want it. I can probably eat two full plates of food and not go over, if I make good choices.

I'm therefore going to eat light for the first part of the week, massively enjoy the day, and max out my calorie allotment for every day of the holiday weekend.

Best part of Thanksgiving is that turkey sandwich the day after that's a slice of turkey, a slice of stuffing, a slice of mashed potatoes, and a slice of gravy....and I am not missing out on that because I'm getting healthy. Part of a healthy relationship with food is realizing that you WILL have times that you will overeat on a special occasion, and then just balancing it out with eating light before and after and getting some extra exercise in. Not going to stress about it.
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Now I'm craving a Thanksgiving dinner! :) I can't wait. I've been doing all the cooking the last few years and still make some healthy veggie side options to go with the turkey along with the msahed potatoes and candied yams. I'm planning on having a little bit of every thing. Yum!
  • kaypeesee19
    kaypeesee19 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's depressing that this is already an issue.

not if you live in canada, thanksgiving is on monday!