October is National Anti-Bullying Month

Options
Elzecat
Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
I know we talk about this endlessly and I am sure to see "beating a dead horse" memes on this thread, but I am tired of people (women, in particular) belittling each other for their size. I find MyFitnessPal overall to be a great support site for healthy living...but it seems we still have this need to hurt one another with our words. You can be proud of who you are, what you look like, what your shape is, WITHOUT belittling or insulting someone else. I am trying to live positively and share that with others...so in light of many recent forum threads about whether guys like "curvy" vs. "stick figure" women (paraphrasing) that become nothing but a forum for namecalling and unkindness towards anyone "different:"

http://www.upworthy.com/bully-calls-news-anchor-fat-news-anchor-destroys-him-on-live-tv?g=2

Kindness MATTERS.

Please pass it forward.

Thank you,

Ellen aka photogrrl

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    stop pushing me around into your special months!

October is a time for Halloween parties and beer... not a time to push an ideology.... stop bullying me!
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    How is it that lately every month, week, and day seems to be anti-bullying month, week, or day?
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    OMG EVERY FREAKIN' MONTH IS OVERBOOKED!!!! I THOUGHT IT WAS BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH!! FFS I CAN'T KEEP UP!
  • Elzecat
    Options
    stop pushing me around into your special months!

October is a time for Halloween parties and beer... not a time to push an ideology.... stop bullying me!

OK, let's fix that...EVERY month should be anti-bullying month.

And maybe we can have Halloween every month too...I like chocolate. And my birthday's the day after Halloween...I was almost a Halloween baby. Maybe that's why I adore chocolate so much?

:flowerforyou:
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    How is it that lately every month, week, and day seems to be anti-bullying month, week, or day?

^^This

I think it's about time I'm going to stop giving a hoot about anti-bullying.
  • genefabes
    genefabes Posts: 132
    Options
    ...but I already declared this Mocktober.
  • Elzecat
    Options

How did you know I was a KISS fan? :flowerforyou: :glasses:

Thanks for that. I am a fan of the No H8 campaign.
  • SFBarbear
    SFBarbear Posts: 146
    Options

^^This

^^^
    This is why!
    Wow... What a self absorbed ignorant vapid thing to say. Hate knows no bounds until it hits someone close to home and then they want sympathy and understanding.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Crap... I thought there was a "applause smiley".... guess i'll just have to use this one.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: A toast to you!
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

^^This

^^^
    This is why!
    Wow... What a self absorbed ignorant vapid thing to say. Hate knows no bounds until it hits someone close to home and then they want sympathy and understanding.

I vote October to be "Get a freakin grip month".
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

^^This

^^^
    This is why!

I vote October to be "Get a freakin grip month".

Seconded.
  • SFBarbear
    SFBarbear Posts: 146
    Options
    I love threads like this, it helps me weed out all the nasty people and put them on ignore.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

^^This

^^^
    This is why!

Dude, chill out. No need to be a hypocrite.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is anti-bullying month in my nation.
  • Elzecat
    Options

It's ok. You can still participate...LOL. :wink:

PS Is that a silverback in your profile photo? Beautiful.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

It's ok. You can still participate...LOL. :wink:

PS Is that a silverback in your profile photo? Beautiful.

It is a silver leaf monkey. The picture was taken in Sarawak, Borneo.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    But I've already packed up all my normal clothes and pulled out my "31 Days od Pink" wardrobe for breast cancer awareness month.
  • droogievesch
    Options
    And I know I'm the ***** here...but he didn't say anything untrue. Since when is stating facts considered "bullying"?