Do you exercise during your period?

Options

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    As long as I've got the physical strength, yes. That seems to be the biggest problem. :grumble:
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    why yes... yes I do

Do you find that it actually helps alleviate your cramps, or does it just improve your mood? :happy:
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I try to, but find I have less strength and stamina some of the days, therefore, I don't push it very hard.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Yes. Next question?
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Depends on the cramping and the flow. If it's all normal, I do work out. If it's heavy and painful, I take the day off. One day at a time.
  • alie001
    alie001 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I also try to but sometimes it is just a walk rather than the elliptical. I try to stay active through the whole month but on that particular month it is sometimes harder. Listen to your body and if you don't feel up to it then don't excercise. Really it comes down to you and feeling guilty because you feel like a bag of garbage that day is of no use. So you take some time off...no biggie...as long as your day off doesn`t become a week, month or year off..
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Yep...helps with the cramps, and so I can actually eat more, and so i don't cry (I am the opposite of alot of people, most get witchy, I get more mopey) and makes me happy :bigsmile: the only thing i have to watch out for is that i don't have an accident (the obgyn didn't seem to be concerned how heavy i flow, but rather blames my weight for it) but that is usually days 1 and 2. days 3-6 i feel better to push myself.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I can't take credit for this hilarious statement. It's something one of my newest buddies JUST posted. "do you think women sat down on the oregon trail because they got their period! no. stop making excuses. sorry if this offends anyone, there may be a few extreme circumstances but for the most part i see this as an excuse!"

Actually they probably stayed in the wagons on those days. They didn't have tampons or maxi pads back then.
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I make it a point to set my goal at at least 10 mins per day every day even if I don't wanna. After that 10 minutes I'm usually amped up enough to do my entire workout depending on what it is, and if not? I did 10 minutes.
  • _Alkaline
    _Alkaline Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do not exercise, when ever I try to it makes my cramps much much worse and i've passed out at least 2x's screw that, I can wait it out. (I usually only have to sit out one day anyway)
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Yes, I exercise during my period; I don't know why I wouldn't. I've heard that exercise helps with period symptoms, and I've certainly experienced more pleasant periods since I started paying attention to my diet and exercising regularly.
  • Zainia
    Zainia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Trying to but usually easier workouts on days its really bad.
  • RobinH66
    RobinH66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do, but I'm also being treated for endometriosis, which perhaps some of you have and don't know about. I used to have killer/lay on the floor wishing to die cramps a few days/month. Had to laugh when in college, I was taking the same painkillers as the college football center, who weighed over 300lbs. Finding a dr who had a clue what might be going on, having surgery, finding the right medicine (multiple tries), made life ok again. Also, finding an endocrinologist who put me on low dose thyroid made a HUGE difference. I always tested 'in the normal range' but the low end of normal. Please keep looking for some one to work WITH you so you feel better.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I always do. For me, I find that cardio reduces my cramps big time.
  • Jessicao33
    Jessicao33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I did. Walking and light work out...
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I always do. Throw some Ibuprofen down the hatch and head on down to the gym. There are no excuses for me, barring injury.
  • misschristinajoy
    Options
    Definitely!!!!
  • Nieninque
    Options
    I always work out during that time of the month. It keeps me from cramping and makes it go by a lot faster.
  • bet3120
    bet3120 Posts: 125
    Options
    hello...I actually exercise through my period, even though I don't want to, lol. If you are cramping, usually exercise relieves this, try taking ibuprofen or something prior working out. In my case i work out just so I am not eating everything in the fridge, haha

i'm exercise through my period too, before the workout i eat a banana, that help me to prevent cramps and take a pill too, when you finish you feel better :)
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I can't take credit for this hilarious statement. It's something one of my newest buddies JUST posted. "do you think women sat down on the oregon trail because they got their period! no. stop making excuses. sorry if this offends anyone, there may be a few extreme circumstances but for the most part i see this as an excuse!"

Actually they probably stayed in the wagons on those days. They didn't have tampons or maxi pads back then.
    Are you serious? Ancient Greeks and Egyptians had tampons. Most women in the 1830 didn't use any sort of menstrual devices, but some women used homemade pads, and they became commercially available in the 1870s. Women didn't hide out during their period either. It was common to see blood on women's clothing. "The smell & sight of menstrual blood was probably much more common back then than it is today – however, women also probably menstruated much less frequently than we do today (because menarche started later in life & menopause came earlier; women spent a lot of time either breastfeeding or pregnant; and women were much more likely to be malnourished or sick)."
    http://myperiodblog.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/history-of-menstruation-part-1/