4 out of 5 challenge week 3 jan 11 *always open*

Options
Ok, this is a thread I was part of on My food diary a couple of years back. I can't pay for mfd right now, and I like mfp, so I thought I'd start it here.
Here's the deal: there are five goals:
1. log all food and drink
2. stay within calories
3. exercise 30 minutes
4. drink your water
5. do something for your mind. this can be spiritual, or just relaxing at home with your kiddos. whatever improves your spirit or mind.
6. you can have your own optional goal of your choosing, like an extra 15 min of exercise or something, but this does not count toward grace days.
The challenge starts every monday, please check in by sunday night for the next week. Every night, log onto the thread to report what you did that day. If you met at least 4 out of the 5 goals, you are still in the challenge. If you meet all five goals for three consecutive days, you earn a grace day to use when you flub. Each challenge member is responsible for keeping track of their own grace days. Grace days can be banked as well. If you are really on top of things, it is possible to earn two grace days a week.

We will start a Friday weigh-in/check-in this week on the 8th.
If you mess up a day and don't have any grace days, just join us again on the next sunday night, but keep in touch on the thread.

if you have questions, you can message me.

Have fun, stay focused!

Peace and health,
Heidi

Replies

• missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    ladies i am so sorry to post this so late. Our furnace bit the dust and it's been a bit stressful at our house the past few days. so here is the new challenge, all the goals are outlined in the post.
  • pelizares
    pelizares Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    not sure what you mean by log into thread. but I am in
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I am starting fresh this week. My goal is to get at least one grace day this week!! :bigsmile:
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Apparently I posted on last week's threads, Debnu1 thank for directing me in the right direction.

Another victorious day!

Monday's totals:

Completed 50 minutes of Jilian's "No More Trouble Zones" dvd
    Logged all my food
    Stayed w/in my allotted calories
    Drank 10 glasses of water
    Chit chatted on the phone w/friends and family

Chocolickkys: 2 workouts completed this week

As of today, 2 passes (grace days) have been earned and if I go 5 for 5 tomorrow I will have earned my 3rd pass. I think I just found my motivation to workout tomorrow, I hope it lasts when that alarm clock goes off in the morning.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I didn't realize we did weigh ins on this thread so I didn't post on Friday but I didn't see anyone else weigh in either.

Sw (at the start of this thread)=130 lbs
    Cw=127 lbs

for a loss of 3 lbs this week.

Hope everyone else had a great weight loss week.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Drank 2 quarts of water
    Ate within my calories
    Ate to loose
    Worked out for 45 mins
    And I had time to myself while sleeping ahhh i love taking naps.

hey that is 5 I keep doing that I will have a grace day.
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I had a really rough week last week, so kind of slacked off posting to this thread. Well, I've been sticking with the program. I did something to my back, so I thought I was gonna have to go for 4 of 5 and skip the workout each day, BUT I discovered yoga burns some decent cals, and isn't hurting my back. So did that for an hour today.

So, today I:
    logged all my food/drinks
    stayed under my cals
    drank 90oz of water
    exercised for 70 mins.
    vegged on the couch during DD's nap times trying to heal my back

Yea 5 for 5.
    So couple of questions. 1. I do my weigh-ins on Tues. Should I just post those numbers here Fri. or weigh again Fri?
    2. Do the "passes" roll over from week to week. If so, that's awesome, cuz I def have good weeks and bad weeks lol

Choco-great job on your weight loss! 3 lbs in one week is a real feat.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Today I

Ate to lose
    Exercised for 30 minutes
    logged all my food
    drank my water
    got up early and actually exercised today, it feels good to get back in the groove!
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Today I

Ate to lose
    Exercised for 30 minutes
    logged all my food
    drank my water
    got up early and actually exercised today, it feels good to get back in the groove!

wonderful job!!
  • missheidi
    Options
    not sure what you mean by log into thread. but I am in

yep, that exactly! just letting us know you are with us!
  • missheidi
    Options
    Yea 5 for 5.
    So couple of questions. 1. I do my weigh-ins on Tues. Should I just post those numbers here Fri. or weigh again Fri?
    2. Do the "passes" roll over from week to week. If so, that's awesome, cuz I def have good weeks and bad weeks lol

Choco-great job on your weight loss! 3 lbs in one week is a real feat.
    [/quote]

yes, grace days bank. so you can have quite a stock of them. see below for the weigh in question.
  • missheidi
    Options
    hi ladies!
    5/5 today

logged everything
    stayed way w/in my calories
    worked out for 70 min, although i didn't quite finish my weights. grrrr on new years resolution people at the Y making me wait forEVER for the machines i needed! I got frustrated.
    drank an actual gallon of water
    Big Bang Theory!!! w00t!

ok, here's my thought on the weigh in. I have stopped weighing for a little while. at least a month. I was getting seriously obsessed so i took the scale to a friend's house. If you want to report weight, why don't we just say how much we were up or down for the week? is that more comfortable? let me know, and do whatever you feel best about.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Missheidi, I have a question regarding how to use the grace days. For example, if I complete 4 of the 5 challenges but want to use a grace day, how does it work and does that mean I'm still on task to earn another grace day? I may be confusing your but as an example say I'm 5 for 5 for the challenges for two consecutive days but on the third day I go over my calories and want to use a grace day. By using the grace day on the third day does it qualify me to earn another grace day or does it just keep me in the challenge for the week.

If i'm confusing you I apologize but unsure how to best explain it.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Ate to loose
    Tracked everything I ate
    Drank 2 plus quarts of water
    worked out for 45 mins
    Had some relaxing time to myself

2/5 thus far. Very excited to get my 5/5
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    2day is a special day, it is a day that everything will go my way, 2day is the day that I was born, Its my birthday yall, I GOT IT GOING ON, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S BIRTHDAY!!! From January to December everyone has a day they wanna remember, whether turning 21 or 95, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, come on and get live, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!. I turned 37 today and I'm feeling and looking good.

I began my day w/many text messages and phone calls with birthday wishes from friends and family. I went to the gym and ROCKED IT. I was able to burn 361 calories on the treadmill and 284 on the elliptical for a total 645 calories. After that I spent about 10-15 minutes in the sauna (pure bliss) and topped it off w/a banana & strawberry protein shake. I'm feeling real good.

I'm on target to go 5 for 5 and earn my third pass (grace day)

Thus far, I've done the following:

Completed 75 minutes of cardio (treadmill & elliptical)
    Logged my breakfast, AM Snack, Lunch & PM Snack
    I have over 1200 calories remaining (including exercise) for dinner
    Drank 10 glasses of water
    Going to dinner w/a friend to celebrate my birthday

I'll check in later once I've logged my dinner and determined if I remained w/in my allotted calories.

Have a great day.

I posted this in last week's thread, so, just copied and pasted it here.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who extended birthday wishes to me. I truly enjoyed myself today. I'm just gettin in from the Cheesecake Factory and because I did my research prior to going I was able to eat a nice hearty meal and stay way w/in my allotted calories (I didn't even have to use my exercise calories)

Tuesday's Total:

Burned 645 calories by completing 75 minutes of cardio (treadmill & elliptical)
    Logged all my food
    Stayed well w/in my allotted calories
    Drank 14 glasses of water
    Went to the cheesecake factory to celebrate my birthday

Chocolickkyss: 5 for 5 and I have earned my 3rd pass (grace day)WooHoo!

I really hope people haven't forgotten about the challenge b/c I have not seen very many posts lately.
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I forgot to post yesterday,so I will do it this morning. I really wish we could set ourselves some kind of an alert to come in here and post ya know? Oh, I'll put one on my phone lol.

Ok so yesterday I,
    Logged all food
    Ate within cal goals
    Worked out for 45 min
    Drank 128 oz water (that's ONE gallon)
    Read my Bible before bed

5 for 5 2 days in a row. Yea!

Chocolickkyss-Happy late birthday! Really interested in what you found healthy to eat at the cheesecake factory? I love that place, but it's SOOO hard to choose something -they have such an extensive menu.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Hi there. I forgot to post yesterday,so I will do it this morning. I really wish we could set ourselves some kind of an alert to come in here and post ya know? Oh, I'll put one on my phone lol.

Ok so yesterday I,
    Logged all food
    Ate within cal goals
    Worked out for 45 min
    Drank 128 oz water (that's ONE gallon)
    Read my Bible before bed

5 for 5 2 days in a row. Yea!

Chocolickkyss-Happy late birthday! Really interested in what you found healthy to eat at the cheesecake factory? I love that place, but it's SOOO hard to choose something -they have such an extensive menu.

Jrbowers, thank you for the birthday well wishes, late or not, they are definitely appreciated.

I always have the Black peppered shrimp dish which consists of spicy shrimp, white rice (I asked for brown but they don't make it), black beans, plantains and a mango salsa. When I looked up the nutritional information I found that the entire meal was approximately 1100 calories, so, I just immediately placed half of it in a to-go box. Although the plantains are fried they don't give you very many so I don't even think the portion equates to a whole plantain. I'm sure the white rice is packing alot of calories and carbs. The shrimp is in a spicy sauce so unsure about how it's made. The best I could do in those circumstances was to cut the meal in half and enjoy. Since they give such hearty portions, half the meal along w/my glasses of water filled me up. I probably will have the other half of the meal for lunch tomorrow.
  • missheidi
    Options
    i didn't post last night either, but i finished logging this morning so i'll do it now. i like the idea of putting a reminder on your phone, i need to do that for several things, actually. *mental note*

so for tuesday i got 4/5
    logged everything (bleh)
    went over on calories by 230, thus the 4 for 5
    cleaned the front room for three hours, getting all of the rest of the misc. christmas done and away and things back where they are supposed to be. there is still a box of books somewhere, but ken will have to find it bc he put it away. anyway.
    BIGGEST LOSER! my fave show of all time.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Missheidi, I have a question regarding how to use the grace days. For example, if I complete 4 of the 5 challenges but want to use a grace day, how does it work and does that mean I'm still on task to earn another grace day? I may be confusing you but as an example say I'm 5 for 5 for the challenges for two consecutive days but on the third day I go over my calories and want to use a grace day. By using the grace day on the third day does it qualify me to earn another grace day or does it just keep me in the challenge for the week.?

If i'm confusing you I apologize but unsure how to best explain it.