Working out,eating well,losing fat but not weight :(

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Right now your losing fat, but gaining muscle. Because muscle is more dense than fat, your weight is staying the same even though you are getting smaller. I know its discouraging, but hey, your looking better now! (even if you don't weigh less) :smile:

Highly unlikely, What is more likely happening is some fat loss counteracted by increased water weight from exercise. There may be some minimal gains, assuming there is some resistance training in the routine and assuming the OP is relatively new to it but these are very small indeed in the scheme of things.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue.

I haven't lost any weight since July, but people are constantly telling me that I look like I've lost weight.

You know what else has changed since July? I can shop at 'regular stores' rather than plus-size stores. I no longer need blood pressure medication. I no longer have PCOS, all my blood test results came back within the 'normal' ranges.

I can also Squat more, Deadlift more, and for the first time since my knee surgery in Feb, I'm starting to run a little bit.

All of these things are much better than a number on the scale. And I ONLY JUST figured it out.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    if you feel and look great why do you care about a number on a scale.....?

Cause since known to man,decrease in the number on the scale has been the part of the mindset when a person goes on a diet,when i look at my stomach its smaller,body is more toned however no movement on the scale is a bit discouraging
    Sorry but i disagree with you. To be honest when I was growing up, I didn't had an idea that scales determine whether your fat or thin. At school we had weigh-in during the first week of classes & I was always heavier than my classmates even if I was thinner than most of them. So the only way I know if i'm gaining weight is when my clothes start to get tighter. We didn't have scales at home nor did I cared about it & in fact the only times that I get a weigh in aside from that one was whenever I see a doctor.

Now its the right time to change this distorted mindset of being centered around the scale. This is the reason why we keep on preaching people that scales do lie & BMI isn't a good indicator.
  • almalaurathomas
    Options
    Fat loss is better compared to NO loss! Keep it up!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements and stay off the scale. If you are reshaping your body, the measuring tape will tell you for sure and you're noticing a difference already anyway.

Asked and answered.

/thread