Green Tea

Options
2»

Replies

• SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Are you allowed to add honey to it or are you guys just going to drink it plain? I'd like to join and yes, it would help our water intake :)
    if you factor in the honey calories - won't help the teeth, though and a Splenda does the same (not sure if this fries the brain like some claim the others do, though) and a tspn in each cup would be 20 calories, so that's 8 cups at 20 calories a cup (just takes shoes off) 160 calories.
    nah! get used to the taste of it "neat"

I like to get creative with green tea. Lately, I have been putting sage in it as I read that sage tea can retard age-related loss of cognitive function (probably why they call it "sage" :wink: ). I enjoy the taste of the sage and it counters the sometimes bitter taste of green tea. I also often put a squeeze of lemon in it or other spices, like ginger, cinnamon, cloves, etc.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Edit: To not being a jerk.

Enjoy your tea. I wouldn't expect it to have much of an effect on your weight loss though. Although it does have plenty of antioxidants.

:flowerforyou:
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Edit: To not being a jerk.

Enjoy your tea. I wouldn't expect it to have much of an effect on your weight loss though. Although it does have plenty of antioxidants.

:flowerforyou:

I drink it because it is a healthy drink (antioxidants, as you have mentioned) but if it helps with weight loss (and there is some evidence that it does) then so much the better. :smile:
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am an absolute Tea Lover .. I drink a variety of teas Green - White - Matcha - Oolong - Speciality Teas .. etc.
    I usually drink anywhere from 6-10 cups of tea a day and I love the benefits that comes with every cup :)
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I'm a Keurig junkie. I know it's not the best way to have tea but I like it. Anyway, anyone have a recc for GREEN tea K cups?

I like black tea, straight - no sugar, lemon etc. some fruit infused is ok, but def no sweeteners. looking for good brands.

Thx!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I must get back to this stuff.
  • xocrystalox99
    Options
    Green tea is my favorite! I'll join! :D
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I am an absolute Tea Lover .. I drink a variety of teas; Green - White - Matcha - Oolong - Speciality Teas .. etc.
    I usually drink anywhere from 6-10 cups of tea a day and I love the benefits that comes with every cup :)

I've definitely noticed that consuming green tea surpresses my appetite and most definitely eliminates cravings -
    It also gives me an extra boost of energy :)

One important thing you must bear in mind to have beautifully brewed green tea all depends (with the exception
    of quality of course) on the right temperature of the water -- if you attempt to use boiling water it'll only make your
    green tea bitter and disgusting and more importantly it burns the tea leaves and destroys the benefits of the green tea ...

For a great tasting cup of green tea (no I'm not going to tell you to check the temperature of the water) but instead I'm
    going to say once the water has come to a boil allow it to sit for 5-7 minutes before pouring it over the green
    tea -- you'll taste the difference -- Green tea should never taste bitter or overpowering :)

Enjoy!!! :)

Wow I replied to the wrong post excuse me (this was from last year 8•O)