Short girls- What is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• intoscrapping
    intoscrapping Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You can totally do it! :-)
    I am 5'2" and would love to be 115 pounds. The lowest i have ever been is 120 and I was really happy with myself at that weight and want to get back to that. My doctor agrees that between 120 and 125 would be a perfect weight for me.
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    5'2 120lbs-I tend to stick around 127-132
  • enigmachik
    Options
    I'm only 4'10". The guidelines say I should weigh like 85-99 lbs. I know that just isn't realistic for a big girl like me. I'm also creeping in on my mid thirties so I don't need to look like a teenager. I'm hoping to get down to 120-125 ish. Less is better, but I'm determined to be happy if I get that far.
  • intoscrapping
    Options
    I love short people and I love being short! :-)

I am 4'10", late 30's and have recently reached my heaviest weight - 120ish pounds. (Ugh!) My goal weight is 105#, but I am still wondering if I should make it 100#. Before having kids I was always in the 90# range.

It's nice seeing everyone's posts. I think when you are as short as me it's easy to see the impact of a couple pounds (whether good or bad). I have also read that Asians are at a higher risk of diabetes. High blood pressure, diabetes and obesity also run in my family.

I would just like to have a more healthy and active lifestyle and go as long as possible without having to be on daily meds.

Good luck all you shorties! And if anyone wants to be friends - please add me! :-)

~ Adele
  • intoscrapping
    Options
    We are both 4'10"! How fun!

Yah, I think the guidelines are unrealistic, don't you? I would look anorexic I think if I got that skinny.

I'm only 4'10". The guidelines say I should weigh like 85-99 lbs. I know that just isn't realistic for a big girl like me. I'm also creeping in on my mid thirties so I don't need to look like a teenager. I'm hoping to get down to 120-125 ish. Less is better, but I'm determined to be happy if I get that far.
  • momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    35 years old- 5'3" and the goal weight is somewhere between 115-120 . . . . realistically its 120, currently 123 and in a size 2 jean so I don't see losing much more (I am happy to say that I have sexy muscles) If I could just lose the belly pouch I'd be ecstatic
  • hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am 6'6" and dig the short girls.
    I'm never dating anyone over 5'10" again, can't even look him in the eye standing lol
  • anasilva66
    anasilva66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and my goal is 105lbs (I'm just one pound away!). I'm 46 years old with two children (14 and 16). These last couple of pounds are just hard... gotta keep wanting it!
  • GettingFitFor30
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and big boned as it is, so my goal weight is 150-175. Anywhere in there and I'll be happy.
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and starting weight was 194lbs, currently 147lbs would like to reach healty BMI of 141lbs, but I feel like I look sick now with my cheek's sunk in and truly the only thing I need to lose is the rest of my belly, but it's mostly excess fat just hanging there, so I am trying to tighten it up. The smallest I've been was 135 at the age of 21 now I am 40, but adult years 25 and up best weight was 140-145.
  • Ann1964x
    Options
    My goals are like yours, but I am 48. I am 133 & my size 2's are to snug....

5'2" - Goal is 115-118; I'm 120 now. I'm not real focused on weight so much is making sure my size 2s fit perfectly. They fit nice now, so I'm really good, but I want a little more tone on my booty and thighs (so I could lose another 1/2 " or so off those areas and I'd be jazzed). I was 117-118 before and think I looked good (and I'm 43).
  • fattofit20
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and goal weight is 107 - Curious, how many calories do you short girls eat to maintain? Subosedly my BMR is 1100 but I think that is too low!
    I just saw my doctor and was questioning her about why I was staying the same weight at 1200 calories and not losing. This is what she said:
    "You're petite. Petite people can't eat as many calories as larger people. She told me to go on an 800-1000 calorie a day diet for 12 weeks and 12 weeks only in order to take some weight off. After that she said I will need to figure out how many calories to eat a day to maintain and that will depend on the amount of exercise I do."
    I'm suspecting to maintain I will be able to eat 1200 calories per day and exercise. I am not saying that what my doctor told me is the correct way for everyone. I'm not even saying that I agree or disagree. It was just her medical opinion.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am 6'6" and dig the short girls.

OMG .. my dream fella .. where are you? :love: :heart: :blushing:
  • Converse00
    Converse00 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal weight is 125lbs
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    5'2", maintaing between 116 and 120. 25" waist.
  • _Tuyana_
    _Tuyana_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    5'2, goal weight: 105lbs

edit: If I'll gain lots of muscles than 110lbs

I'm 5'2" and currently at 113lbs. My goal is set at 105, but recently I decided to concentrate on fat burn rather than weight loss. I got to BF 28% from 29% in 4 weeks. So I want to get to 25% and then to 20% body fat, regardless of whether I'm heavier than I'm now or not.
  • shelbs2832
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 135. I dont wanna be skinny skinny but I wanna be small. :)
  • cleo135
    cleo135 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i am 5'3 and currently weigh 180lbs, my goal weight is 135
  • emilygh1974
    emilygh1974 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and those charts are crazy if you ask me. I use this one: http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm It is so much more realistic for my body type. My goal is 160-165.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    5'2 and my goal is 110 however I am focusing more on leaning out so I doubt that I will reach that number. I would be ok with 115