Short girls- What is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• Pikkuinen
    Options
    I'm 150cm short, I think that 'translates' to something around 4'11 ;)

I'm currently at almost 58 kilos (127lbs >.<) and my first goal is to get down to 50 kilos (110lbs).
    Another goal is to get healthier... more veggies and fruit, less chocolate ;)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and goal weight is 107 - Curious, how many calories do you short girls eat to maintain? Subosedly my BMR is 1100 but I think that is too low!

I maintain at around 1700 calories :)
  • kayc06
    kayc06 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and am suppose to eat 1200 calories, but if I did that I would gain wt. I try to stay at 1100 calories and I keep getting this message when I finish logging. My question is, shouldn't you be in a deficit in order to lose? Can someone please help me understand this?

*Based on your total calories consumed for today, you are eating too few calories. Not only is it difficult to receive adequate nutrition at these calorie levels, but you could also be putting your body into starvation mode. Starvation mode lowers your metabolism and makes weight loss more difficult. We suggest increasing your calorie consumption to 1,200 calories per day minimum. when I'm finished logging.

"

Are you working out at all?
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2in also. My original goal was 120 but I'm down to 112 and happy with that. I'm actually working on building muscle up so I'll possibly gain a little which I'm also ok with. ;)
  • drecubed
    Options
    I'm 34 yrs old, 5' nothing and my current weight is 130. My starting weight was 145. I'd like to lose about 7-10 lbs more, but more important than the scale is what my clothes say. Right now my size 6 pants have a little bit of muffin top showing, and I'd really like to eliminate that. I don't think any less than 115 looks good on me, especially with my big boobs and big butt. I wish I could lose weight from my boobs, but they seem to shrink at a smaller percentage than the rest of me.
  • dkp4469
    dkp4469 Posts: 19
    Options
    I am 5'2" also I also used to weigh around 110 to 113 when I was much younger. Being 46 years young... Im not as conecerned about getting back to that. My health provider, and nutrionist say for 5'2" it can go from anywhere between 115 to 136. So being older and having some disabilities Im aiming for 130? i weighed in at that around 8 years ago and I looked just fine. So Im good with that. How old are you may i ask? :flowerforyou:
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 4'11" and diabetic so my doc and nutritonist would prefer the 110-115. I'm almost there YAY!!
  • deltalbarbie
    Options
    I am 4'9", (or 4'10 when my hair is poofy). I would like to be 100-110, but would settle for 125. I am having a tough time losing ANY weight so this might be an arduous undertaking.
  • dkp4469
    dkp4469 Posts: 19
    Options
    boy do we have alot in common . slow and steady wins the race. Youwill be suprised as you fill in your food diary... how quickly youo auatomatically start reaching for foods that are naturally healthier for you. And by doing that they are also lower in calories. plus if you add just a little bit of exercise at a time. it all adds up. good luck..
  • NyxariaMoon
    NyxariaMoon Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 3/4" and my goal weight is 140. I've weighed 115 before (my range should be 115-120) and I looked and felt sick. The last time I remember looking really good and feeling healthy was around 24(20 years ago! ugh) and I weighed 140lbs. At the time I was wearing a size 10/12. So, optimally, that's where I'd like to be.
  • Moofey2
    Moofey2 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I want to be 145, I love my curves :)
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and I started out at 228. I always said my goal would be 150. Now that I'm hovering between 146-148 I can say, for certain, that I need to drop another 25-30. So my new goal is 115-120 range.
  • inflictedknight
    Options
    5'2'', goal weight is 110.

It's impossible to tell my true goal weight, though; I've never seen adult me as anything but overweight. I think my lowest weight was 170 back when I was in high school, and it's just been slowly moving up from there. I'll probably be playing it by ear and stop whenever I'm satisfied with the way my body looks.
  • TattedXMomXStace
    Options
    im 5 foot 4 and for me to be healthy (which is my goal weight). . . that would be about 120- 125 pounds.
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    5 foot 2 3/4th inch 115 goal weight
  • uprightashley
    uprightashley Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and I'm 4'11. I'd like to be 120-125.
  • red1775
    red1775 Posts: 22
    Options
    I am 6'6" and dig the short girls.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and would like to comfortably be between 105 and 110. I am at 120 now.
  • hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Options
    5'1 Anywhere between 115-125
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    4'11"
    At my fittest I was about 108. I looked damn good, too! Of course that was back in high school and I didn't think I was attractive. Ugh, beauty is wasted on the young! LOL I'm only 23, what am I saying...

Now I'm 113-115. I've lost like two pounds in 6 months haha. It's really difficult when you ALREADY eat healthy and just add exercise. I try to lift to slim down, but I get really bored. I find cardio way more fun!

edit: I have giant boobs and very wide hips, so I'm still plenty curvy at a "skinny" weight. so I guess, neener neener? lol

This made me laugh. I do think it's so difficult though to lose weight when you already eat healthy and exercise! I started MFP at the same time as another friend, we are similar heights and weights and she lost 12 pounds just from cutting out soda and sweets. -_- I never drank soda or ate tons of sweet things so I have just been continuing eating tons of fruits, veggies, cutting calories, exercising and whatever since then and lost nothing. Boo to being short and already mediocre-ly healthy!