Dentist appointment today.... do I HAVE to brush my teeth ?

Options

Replies

• Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I would always say yes. But one morning I went out to breakfast before a dentist appointment, and when I got there and went to brush my teeth, they told me not to worry about it.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I worked in a dental office in my early 20s for a short period of time. Yes, they really appreciate that you brush your teeth prior, so they can focus on the deep cleaning. We had a hygienist once, who stopped a cleaning three different times and had the patient brush their teeth, it was really that bad.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I have family that works in the dental profession - they're truly grossed out that people don't brush before an appointment. Your dentist and/or hygienist does not want to smell/see your last meal. Do yourself a favor and be a stellar patient by brushing and flossing before you get there.

alright, thanks 8)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    9792198.jpg
  • rbahola12
    Options
    Wow.....the answer is yes!!! And everyday after that at lease twice a day. Or you might have to add a log on MFP for all the leftover food and calories you are consuming that is in your teeth. Brush Brush Brush!!!
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    As a dental hygienist, yeah, please brush your teeth. I have no interest in knowing exactly what you had for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner by picking it out of your teeth.

It makes me wonder if you wash your cockpocket before going to the gynecologist. Poor *kitten*.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I would do it just as a courtesy to the dentist, plus I wouldn't want my breath to stink.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

It makes me wonder if you wash your cockpocket before going to the gynecologist. Poor *kitten*.

cockpocket is the greatest word I have ever read.
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

I'll 2nd that
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    For some reason this thread has me thinking of the scene in Grease.

Brusha brusha brusha them REAL good!!!
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Only if Colgate fits in your macros...
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    For some reason this thread has me thinking of the scene in Grease.

Brusha brusha brusha them REAL good!!!

I think you're mixing up the scene in Grease with Jan mimicking the commercial with Devo's "Whip It" song...

Either way, that'd be a swell mash-up. Someone get on writing that jingle STAT!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Only if Colgate fits in your macros...

Oh hell...now you just took this thread to a whole other level.
  • youcandooeet
    youcandooeet Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This thread really grossed me out. Thanks a lot, OP. I can't believe you were serious. Ew.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    now I know why dentists have the highest suicide rate -_-

don't think Imma be a dentist in cali anymore...thanks !
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Eat a whole box of oreos in the waiting area.

Steven Wright.....................
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    um, well it's pretty rude not to. you're going to be breathing right in their face. my orthodontist won't even let you go to the back if you haven't brushed. you gotta stand in the lobby and brush in front of everyone!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I brush and floss just before going to the dentist although if I hated my dentist or his assistants then I might skip it and let them play Dora the Explorer with my food bits.

.. and then they'd start hating you.

And they'd have you sitting in a chair.

Without painkillers.

And they'd have sharp pointy metal things.

In your mouth.

Just sayin', if you hate your hygienist, it's probably best to find a new dentist's office.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options

I'll 2nd that

water out the nose :laugh: ....greatest word ever!
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I always brush my teeth before the dentist.
    If you don't personally I think it would give the impression that you don't bother doing it.
    When you get your teeth cleaned by the dentist they aren't cleaning your whole tooth they are getting the easy to miss places that you don't get by yourself...

So in conclusion yes you should clean your teeth, and who leaves their house without doing it anyway with stinky breath??