I just canceled...

Options
13»

Replies

• tmuster
    tmuster Posts: 72
    Options
    much better than WW and free. I have benefited so much from this website and I know you will too. friend req sent.
  • jodie091
    Options
    Hi

I also jumped off the WW band wagon about a couple of weeks ago after trying both online and meetings, but found both to offer very little in the way of support MFP is WAY better.

Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend. The more support the better off we are :)
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    My wife is considering making the same move.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I did the same thing when I lost my job a couple months back. Even now that I'm working again, I still like MFP better. The Points Plus system makes no sense to me. Fruits and veggies have calories too! D:
  • MonkeyxLover
    Options
    I think you shouldn't have to pay to lose weight but if people are happy to do it then fine but I would never do it. I think counting calories is a better way.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan! Do what works and save money!
  • gpteran
    gpteran Posts: 37
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest (197 at only 5'5") WW did cross my mind and now I'm glad that I didn't. I have to agree with a lot of the folks on here that WW doesn't really teach you to get off processed foods. I not only started working out again (at the convenience of my home) but also to learn how to eat healthier. Ive learned to eat "clean". A term I was not familiar with but looking at how my mom used to eat when she was a child maybe realized that food was prepared and eaten fresh. I've now lost a total of 30 lbs and am on track to lose another 15 lbs. Right now it's more about my body fat % than the scale. By eating the right foods and keeping track with MFP is helping me get to the finish line.

I've decided to pay it forward by becoming an Independent Beachbody Coach to help others achieve their ideal goal weight. It's not only great to have your own success but to see others achieve theirs.
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Boxed and convenience foods that say 'Remove/pierce film lid' should not be considered fuel for the body you are trying to turn into a temple. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: ^^^^ THIS :laugh: :laugh:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    What I like about MFP is that it is a world wide group of people at all different fitness levels who are seeking/sharing and you can always find a kindred spirit at your exact level - even if it is age, weight, height, age , sex or motivation level. Not to mention size / inches / and how to get to where you want to be or maintain where you are!

And it is free - true, the community boards have ads I sometimes wonder about, but then it has some great ads like fitbit, tjmaxx and nike..
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Good choice. WW teaches you nothing about healthy eating... Boxed and convenience foods that say 'Remove/pierce film lid' should not be considered fuel for the body you are trying to turn into a temple. :laugh:

In fairness, that's really not how many people *use* ww. I lost weight on ww, it was a good system, and I never *once* bought a ww product. And I've seen diaries of people on MFP who never seem to eat anything but convenience food and take aways.

Realistically, both are tools, and you can use either to help you make healthy lifestyle choices.

I prefer MFP simply because I find calorie counting a more transparent system than points.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I GAINED weight on WW when I tried it. LOL...yes, I did SOMETHING wrong, but still......man wasnt I ticked. HERE, though, gather some great friends, hold yourself accountable, it WORKS.:) Good luck!!!
  • AsmaMiller
    Options
    Good going! I also didn't have success using weight watchers but it wasn't their fault. I just needed to find what worked for me. Welcome to MFP! And it is great!
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I just cancelled my weight watchers subscription... I feel that it is easier to count cals then points... plus I feel like people are more friendly here then on the ww boards....plus.. I will be saving almost $20 a month...
    I think you will find this site so much more helpful. The support and information I've found has made me successful with my weightloss. I've found so many healthy recipes, afterall, it is a life change, and it is teaching me what I need to know to continue changing my old habits. The Friends I have here are fantastic and so supportive. Best wishes to you all!! :smile:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I never felt like I really got any support at Weight Watchers even though I did very well loosing weight. The lecturer is always very busy so can answer your question quickly but not much more and I never found any other ladies at the meeting to get fit with but on here I have heaps of support and yes it's free!