Anyone washed their Fitbit?

Options
I have had mine about a week, maybe less. Last night I thru it in the washer. :explode: I can't believe it. I was really enjoying it and all it tracked.

Anyone else done this? And what did you do to keep it working if at all? I have heard occasionally they work after. Mine is sitting in a bowl of rice (suggested by a friend). Anyother ideas?

Replies

• fattypattybinger
    Options
    Don't laugh at me but I am always getting my phone wet. I live in Florida. I put my phone on my dash in my truck. I left the window open a crack. Guess what my phone was up and running. I also tried my hair dryer that has worked as well. I hope this has helped. I hope it works again. Have a great evening
  • RafterRattler
    Options
    Nope...but the day after I threw it in the hamper, I realized it would be too easy to wash and throw away 100 bucks, so I sent it back. I'll try again after they make it waterproof. Given the design, it's a crime that it's not waterproof now.
  • sarahmichelle876
    Options
    Put it in dry uncooked rice.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've seen a ton of posts where people have and I'd say the majority are about how it came back to life so hopefully yours will be the same. Rice seems to be the way to go.
  • jwbax1
    jwbax1 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've done that with a few ipods. I put them inside a container of rice for a few days. They both worked just fine (one's still going after 2 years, the other just happened last week).
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Mine is currently sitting in dry rice. I am hoping it will be ok. I really loved the fitbit for the few days I got to use it. I will use a hairdryer and put it in my dash everything that might work. LOL
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Fit bit customer services are very good with replacing devices that have inadvertently got wet, apparently. I have had two replacements for fit bit failures. Free of charge.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Fit bit customer services are very good with replacing devices that have inadvertently got wet, apparently. I have had two replacements for fit bit failures. Free of charge.
    Yep. Mine went swimming with me and quit working. I e-mailed Fitbit, even admitting that it was entirely my fault, and they sent a new Fitbit out to me immediately. Their customer service is very, very good.
  • jacquelyn124
    Options
    Yea I flushed mine down the toilet... fell off my pants as the toilet was flushing. woops
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My fell off my pants after owning it 48 hrs. They replaced it free of charge and within 48 hours. Great customer service!
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Yea I flushed mine down the toilet... fell off my pants as the toilet was flushing. woops

:blushing: oops. Great I have a new one in route and this will probably happen next. LOL

I bought mine on ebay, as well as the 2nd one. Do you think they will still replace it? Probably not because I didn't buy it directly thru them. But I guess I could ask.
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    HELP!! My FITBIT went through the washing machine!! I realized it just as it was entering the spin cycle!! I've rolled a tissue up to hold it apart, and have it in a zippy bag full of dried white rice!! So totally freaked out, so totally bummed, SO VERY MUCH DON"T HAVE THE FUNDS TO REPLACE!!

WHAT NOW ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: :sad:
  • gvheintz
    gvheintz Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I put it in the washer ... it went through about 1/5 of a cycle before I realized it. I put it in rice. I brought the fitbit in the rice near the base and it synced. Apparently that was about 1000 steps. Hope it keeps working!
  • elangomatt
    Options
    I've had my FitBit since May and just managed to put it through the washer early this week. It went through the whole wash cycle and part of the dry cycle before I realized my mistake. I did the rice thing and it is still only working sporadically. I emailed fitbit hoping they would replace it and apparently I'm not that lucky. They are offering a 50% discount on a new one which is better than nothing but I was really hoping they would volunteer to replace it free, I've seen so many other stores of people getting free replacement after dunking the fitbit in water.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've had my FitBit since May and just managed to put it through the washer early this week. It went through the whole wash cycle and part of the dry cycle before I realized my mistake. I did the rice thing and it is still only working sporadically. I emailed fitbit hoping they would replace it and apparently I'm not that lucky. They are offering a 50% discount on a new one which is better than nothing but I was really hoping they would volunteer to replace it free, I've seen so many other stores of people getting free replacement after dunking the fitbit in water.

It's probably because you have a discontinued model. I'd guess they are either replacing with old, limited stock (if they even still have some) or sending the new One.
  • elangomatt
    Options
    It's probably because you have a discontinued model. I'd guess they are either replacing with old, limited stock (if they even still have some) or sending the new One.

I hadn't thought about the fact that I have an older model. I just looked at the email I got and they are offering 50% off of a Fitbit One, not an Ultra like I have. I wouldn't be disappointed as much I think if it wasn't for the fact that they've replaced so many others after being washed. I would have even been happy with a refurbished Ultra. I don't even see all that much of a difference except that the new one synchs with some iOS devices and the design is different. Oh well. I'll probably end up taking the deal they are offering since I don't want to go without a fitbit anymore.
  • prossmiller
    prossmiller Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just pulled mine out of the dryer after sending it through the HD wash cycle! I didn't do one darned thing to it--no rice or hair dryer (guess the clothes dryer took care of that) and it seems to be working fine. Bonus: I logged over 39,000 steps today sitting on my rear end in front of the computer!
  • joshdann
    joshdann Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    39,000 steps! you're a beast! :D

I think the One is sealed better than the old Ultras were. mine's seen plenty of sweat, but no wash cycles (yet)
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I managed to wash my Ultra. Luckily it was still working although the display was slightly dimmer for a while
  • pjdeeoo
    pjdeeoo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Mine went through repeated wash cycles…just found it. Working just fine… unbelievable!