Anyone washed their Fitbit?

Options
2»

Replies

• Jillybeanfit
    Jillybeanfit Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Today is the day my fitbit ended up in the washer, and the worst part is I am sitting here waiting for my washer to finish it's cycle!! Damn front loaders!!
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Today is the day my fitbit ended up in the washer, and the worst part is I am sitting here waiting for my washer to finish it's cycle!! Damn front loaders!!

Oh no!! :frown:

Mine went in to the wash once but I realized it soon enough that I pulled it out before the water level had reached it. Lucky! If it had gotten wet, I would have definitely opened it up and put it in rice and hoped for the best.
  • jhodgee
    jhodgee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As as soon as you can get your hands on it put it in a small plastic bag with rice. I put mine through an entire wash cycle on hot, left it i the bag of rice for about 4 days and it is fine. The rice will absorb any moisture, I saved an Ipod doing the same thing.
    Good Luck
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    um yes it gets washed alot... this is the second one ive had(suprizingly washes well), the first split in the center the comp replaced it as i had only had it for a few months, my advice dry it out and charge it
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    Yea I flushed mine down the toilet... fell off my pants as the toilet was flushing. woops

:blushing: oops. Great I have a new one in route and this will probably happen next. LOL

I bought mine on ebay, as well as the 2nd one. Do you think they will still replace it? Probably not because I didn't buy it directly thru them. But I guess I could ask.

Yes, but they will sell it to you for half price. I bought mine on ebay, washed and dried it, contacted them, told them the truth and they offered it to me for $50. Not bad.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I have had mine about a week, maybe less. Last night I thru it in the washer. :explode: I can't believe it. I was really enjoying it and all it tracked.

Anyone else done this? And what did you do to keep it working if at all? I have heard occasionally they work after. Mine is sitting in a bowl of rice (suggested by a friend). Anyother ideas?

if all else fails, email them and tell them what happened. A friend of mine got TWO replaced for free after that happened. My own experience with fitbit CS was amazing. I looked down one day and the case to my ultra was cracked, but it was still functional. I emailed them a pic and asked if there was anything they could do for me. Within 48 hours I had a response from them--offering me a free replacement ( which happened to be an upgrade since they were no longer making the model I owned).
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit for 4 years that's now wearing out. My next device will be a Jawbone or Misfit, I think. I kind of resent that Fitbit replaces lost/washed devices for free so often while the state of their web site is so pathetic and the device price hasn't changed since its intro in 2009. We all pay for free replacements in the long run, to some extent.
  • NorthernGrandma7
    NorthernGrandma7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I didn't wash mine but I did wear I it into the Caribbean Couple of weeks ago.
    I also wore it into the pool on the same trip and it works just fine.
    I didn't do anything with it.
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    youdontknowwhatyousaw Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I washed my fitbit zip, it worked straight out of the washer, I didn't have to do anything.
  • daveinkailua
    Options
    I wore my Fitbit one into the jacuzzi for probably 10-15 minutes. Plenty of time for a good internal soaking. When I got back in the house and discovered I was wearing it I tried to cycle through the displays but it didn't work. I didn't have any rice so I took the blow dryer to it a few times (careful not to get it too hot). In the morning the displays came up, but would skip around on it's own. Finally it started to display correctly and I was able to sync it to my phone. I think these things are pretty forgiving. Good thing.
  • johnusnsd
    Options
    My wife washed her FitBit 1 about 2mos ago (washer and dryer) came out working fine. Just washed mine today (washer and dryer) - came out fine and it also logged a ton-o-steps for me......the washer/dryer = like 3.5 miles!!!!
  • Tessiek613
    Tessiek613 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would die without my fitbit... So happy the fitbit flex I have is waterproof!
  • ksampson321
    ksampson321 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've managed to wash mine three times :( in a front load washer and it never stopped working. It's a fitbit zip.