Tattoes

Options

Replies

• SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I don't have any tattoos, but I do try to come and post in these thread as a warning to anyone who is thinking of getting one. It is well documented in the Bible that desecrating your body in this manner is a sure fire way into Hell. That, and tattoos are just low class in general. You will most definitely never land in a successful career or meet anyone willing to enter a relationship with you that isn't a drug addict or a prostitute.

TATTOOS ARE FOR LOSERS.

Really??? I have a job I have been at for 26 years, I am NOT married to a drug addict or prostitute. I'm also NOT going to hell because I'm Wiccan and don't believe in hell.

We're just here having a discussion and don't need to be told we are all going to hell because we have art on our bodies!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Saw your last post about how this was a joke.... BUT. Just wanted to say that I am a Christian with 2 tattoos! And I promise I'm not going to Hell..... It's people like YOU who give Christians a bad name!!! Sure it's a sin. Just like any other... but that's what forgiveness is for :) God is my Hero.

Back to reality, I don't feel that one group can give another a bad name. That task would be up to the members of that group. You are doing a great job of it with your explanation of sin and how it doesn't matter.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I have 2 tattoos. My first one on the back of my neck I got a few month's after my divorce it's a Japanese symbol meaning Serenity, it's done in black. The second one is on my left wrist it's done in pink it's another Japanese symbol meaning Heaven. I got it in honor of all my family members that have passed on before me. When I reach my goal weight I want the Japanese symbol meaning Conquer my other wrist. Here's pictures of my tattoos.

Neck tattoo Japanese symbol meaning Serenity

jq2a8p.jpg

Left wrist tattoo Japanese symbol meaning Heaven

axn2aw.jpg
  • estherdfoster
    estherdfoster Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have 5! Where I have them, I can not show because they are in "certain" areas. lol
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    WOAH. Cool ink.

Thanks. I do appreciate the passion with which people have replied. Nothing to rile up a bunch of tattooed misfits than some religious extremism.

Omg I had this whole ***** rant written when I read that....then decided it couldn't be real and then I saw the other comments u made and felt like a **** haha. But u definitely did manage to rile people up....definitely got my blood boiling lmao!! Wicked ink btw ;)
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... my little diatribe has gone on longer than expected. Well, here goes.

If you're not scared away by the religious implications, please at least research the statistics posted by the CDC every year. It is a proven fact that 97% of all HIV infections can be traced back to a tattoo parlor. Those with tattoos lose the ability to walk in a straight line and carry a tune. 100% of all humans with any trace of tattoo ink in their bodies will develop breast cancer.

You can't argue with facts, folks.

Damn, I wondered why I couldn't walk in a straight line. It's my tats, not the fact that I only have one hip joint. I won't get HIV, because my tats weren't done in a parlor, but in a house by a friend of mine.

Seriously, 100% of people with tattoo ink will get breast cancer? What about everyone who gets cancer who have NO tattoos?

By the way, I'm catching the bus, too!
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any tattoos and if so how many and what do they represent? Post pictures if you can.

I have one tattoo, on my left ring finger, in the shape of a ring with a black rose. It represents my (hopefully youthful) inability to make good decisions. I have had the first two rounds laser removal done so far, and I expect to need one or two more before it is undetectable.
  • haleydself
    Options
    Saw your last post about how this was a joke.... BUT. Just wanted to say that I am a Christian with 2 tattoos! And I promise I'm not going to Hell..... It's people like YOU who give Christians a bad name!!! Sure it's a sin. Just like any other... but that's what forgiveness is for :) God is my Hero.

Back to reality, I don't feel that one group can give another a bad name. That task would be up to the members of that group. You are doing a great job of it with your explanation of sin and how it doesn't matter.

What?? That doesn't even make any sense. Sin does matter, but it is human nature to sin. duh. Ask for forgiveness.
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    WOAH. Cool ink.

Thanks. I do appreciate the passion with which people have replied. Nothing to rile up a bunch of tattooed misfits than some religious extremism.

Omg I had this whole ***** rant written when I read that....then decided it couldn't be real and then I saw the other comments u made and felt like a **** haha. But u definitely did manage to rile people up....definitely got my blood boiling lmao!! Wicked ink btw ;)

Ewwww this site blocks out curses automatically?!?!? WTF haha
  • al369
    al369 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Jesus finds his way into the damnedest things…like tattoo discussions.

Anyway, I have three. One consisting of three small celtic knots on my upper back between my shoulder blades. Done at 18. The second one is the phrase "nolite te bastardes carborundirum" on my ribcage and the third is a celtic knot tree of life on my right side.

I want to get two Russian nesting dolls somewhere as a mother/daughter tattoo (I have a little girl).
  • NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have 2 right now and many more to come. I have a Triquatra with the enitials of my dad, brother (deceased) and my son circling it. This is because they are the three men in my life that have given me strenth &kept me going. My hubby and I got matching hearts with horns and halo and our names for our anniversary two years ago. LIke I said there are many more to come, I'm addicted.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    And I am sure everybody on MFP is a Christian!!!

Wrong I'm an agnostic.

Anyway back on topic: I have 8 tattoos. They are all either my artwork (I drew it, not tattooed it) or it represents something to me. I have pictures of a couple of them on my profile if anyone cares to look.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I don't know which I enjoyed better, LMAO over the brouhaha with jesusHchris, or looking at everyone else's artwork! :laugh:

Funny, the first thing I do when someone's post piques my interest, is click on their username and check out their profile. :wink:
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    First off all it's Tattoo's.

*Facepalm* Actually, no it's not. It's "tattoos". There's no apostrophe.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Tattoes are tattoos on the toes. just like tainttoo and armttoos. R2-D2s tattoos are tatoinetoos.

And this post wins for most awesome. I just wish I knew where a tainttoo went.

You "wish" you knew?? Cuz I'm pretty sure I know where a taintoo goes, and I wish I didn't! :laugh:
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Bahahahahahah! This whole entire post was so funny to me, I am not sure what I enjoyed most the tattoos or how funny people can be. :laugh: :love:

I always look at their profiles so I knew right away something was up.

Anyway that being said I can't wait till I get mine. When I hit my goal weight, me and my hubby are going to get some. He dosn't know yet and I designed mine. :happy:

Ps. I thought I'd let everyone know in the last book of the Bible (Revelation) Jesus has a tattoo on his thigh. Just sayin :heart:
  • Jes_ika
    Jes_ika Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have 5 a yop on my ankle (dr Seuss) cat in the hat on my lower/middle back for my brother, my zodiac on my neck and a peace sign on my finger for my mom. I still have to get one for my sister
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Gotta love when religious people come in & bag on others for something as insignificant as tattoos. Some "christian" you are.

Anywho, I have six. So far. Butterflies going up my right calf, a paw print with a heart in it on my left foot for my cat that I had to put down, two roses that wrap around each wrist, a lily on the back of my neck that I got with my mom, & "To Love & Be Loved" on my ribs when I had a heart broken.

My thoughts exactly... People who say stuff like that are the polar OPPOSITE of Christian....

I have a CATTOO on my left shoulder. It's really tiny, and I love it.
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Gotta love when religious people come in & bag on others for something as insignificant as tattoos. Some "christian" you are.

Anywho, I have six. So far. Butterflies going up my right calf, a paw print with a heart in it on my left foot for my cat that I had to put down, two roses that wrap around each wrist, a lily on the back of my neck that I got with my mom, & "To Love & Be Loved" on my ribs when I had a heart broken.
    Hehe ... I'm a Christian, and the person talking about tattoo's being a sure ticket to hell doesn't know what it means to be a Christian if that is their belief. But, haters gotta hate I suppose.

I've got a tattoo of a dragon on my right shoulder. I got it a long time ago, and had it fixed up about 4 years ago. I got the dragon for many reasons:
    -A long time ago I use to play Dungeons & Dragons
    -I was reading a book series with a good dragon as a main character, and I loved it
    -Smug from The Hobbit - I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan
    -There is just nothing more powerful than a dragon, right? :)

Here is a before and after picture from when I had it fixed up:
    tattoocomparison.jpg

I'd like to get one of a portrait of my daughter, but there are few tattoo artists I would trust to do that ... and I'm not ready to fork out the money it would cost for someone with the right credentials.

This is good stuff!! I love it!!!
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    First off all it's Tattoo's.

Secondly, yes I do have one at the base of my back I got when I was 16. It was a whim decision and has no real meaning, but I love it anyway.

I am wanting another one but it will be more thought out and sentimental next time :) x

First of all, if you're going to correct someone, do it properly... It's TATTOOS. As a plural, there is no apostrophe. If you speak of the tattoo's color or tattoo's design, then an apostrophe would be appropriate because it's designating ownership.

I am not the grammar police and normally wouldn't have pointed this out, but since you wanted to point out someone else's (see there, it's another apostrophe, appropriately used expressing ownership) error, you may want to be aware of your own.

/Please know this is all in fun. Many people make the same type of mistakes. I even do it when I'm in a hurry.

:laugh: Awesome and true.

For myself. I don't have any tattoos and would only get one if my team wins.

I was in a hurry and mstanford is right, if your gonna correct me do it properly Thanks for all who stuck up to me