Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    work on yourself, that way you can be happy with him, someone else or alone
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Cut the cord, delete his number, tell him not to come over. Whatever is going on obviously isn't working. Cut him out and never look back.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    well to the OP, there is absolutely nothing wrong with posting questions like that here, I have done it myself. I believe that physical well-being and emotional well-being effect each other, whether it be positive or negative. So if you need help, with either one, you can come to us. The only thing I will suggest, is to make syre you talk to him first, which in my experience doesn't always work, but it is the avenue that should be traveled first. He might just need time to sort things out like he said, or there could be other reasons which I really don't want to get into, (They are the reasons that hurt.)

To all of the a**holes that keep fussing about her post.....................................*kitten* OFF! Here's an idea for you, if you don't like having to read posts that don't relate to diet and fitness...................................................DON"T F*CKING CLICK ON IT!!!!!!!!:explode:

Sorry for my rudeness to those that are trying to help her.:flowerforyou:

my sentiments exactly!!!
  • MaryB2
    MaryB2 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    She does seem to leave rude comments everywhere.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Haven't you ever heard of emotional eating? Yes, this is a place to get fit, but also a place to discover and work on what's making you overweight. The ignore button is you not clicking on it, and leaving a rude and disrespecful comment. She posted it in the Chit-Chat area where it belongs.

My Fitness pal is also a place that SHOULD be filled with understanding people. In some peoples case, it is the only place they have. Either vent and get it out, or stuff your face with food. To me, she is doing the right thing. Your comment wasn't necessary!
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I know it's cliché but time really does heal. In the meantime it sucks waiting so I would suggest:

1. Wake up, shower and smile (no matter how forced) and tell yourself it's going to be a great day.
    2. Remove him from any and all social media (no FB stalking)
    3. Exercise
    4. Take group classes (something you're interested in or exercise related)
    5. Be kind to yourself... Bed and DVD's do amazing things
    6. Date yourself... Go and do nice things just for you. Personally I love doing dinners and movies by myself. It took some getting used to but I ended up really loving the 'me' time.
    7. Write it down... Writing your feelings down helps clear your head.

I know these things helped me when I took a really long time to get over someone. I had to make myself do all of it but I started to feel better almost immediately.

Just know that it will get better... :)

Take this advice and run with it. You are obviously unhappy, so why waste another precious moment of your life with someone who cannot give you what you need? Every relationship should be 100/100 and this guy sounds like he's already walked out, and is just keeping you close enough 'just in case.' BTDT got the tshirt to prove it. Yeah it sucks at first, but think about the bigger picture here. Once you cut him out, allow yourself to heal, focus on you and your health, doing the things you love and make you happy, you will look back on this relationship and start demanding better for yourself. Get completely happy with YOU, and the rest will fall into place.

Cut the guy off, he doesn't deserve you. Run in the other direction and never look back, life has so much to offer for you, with all kinds of friends, experiences and people to meet along the way!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Ugh - I saw on of my best friends go through this same on again off again BS with her ex - that GOD she finally figured out she was worth more!! Seriously hon, grow a lady pair and cut him out of your life! You have to love yourself (and your son, from what I gather from the replies) more than some guy who treats you like crap. And if you don't have anyone else in your life than him and that's why you're so damned co-dependent, only you can change that. Time to go out and start making friends in any way you can and build up a support system.

I'm not one that's seen the OP's posts a ton either but I fully believe in telling it straight (aka tough love) when it's so obviously necessary.
  • ImOver9000
    ImOver9000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    In all honesty speaking from experience (not trying to be rude or anything) he probably got bored or you just aren't what he was looking for afterall.

I suggest you move on. Go join some groups and all that and get to know more people and one day you will find what you're after.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    work on yourself, that way you can be happy with him, someone else or alone

This.. take charge of your life and create your own happiness.. either with him or without him.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I know it's cliché but time really does heal. In the meantime it sucks waiting so I would suggest:

1. Wake up, shower and smile (no matter how forced) and tell yourself it's going to be a great day.
    2. Remove him from any and all social media (no FB stalking)
    3. Exercise
    4. Take group classes (something you're interested in or exercise related)
    5. Be kind to yourself... Bed and DVD's do amazing things
    6. Date yourself... Go and do nice things just for you. Personally I love doing dinners and movies by myself. It took some getting used to but I ended up really loving the 'me' time.
    7. Write it down... Writing your feelings down helps clear your head.

Thanks for this. I'm not going to spill my story, but there's someone I need to move past. Going to try these :)
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Break up. Problem solved. No, seriously.............it's that easy.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that.

From 2003-2006, 14 months in Baqubah, Iraq, followed by 10 months home, followed by 13 more months in Baghdad, Iraq.

I came home to my wife (at the time) and her boyfriend.

She's now my ex-wife.

This, too, shall pass.
  • Embooya
    Embooya Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've had enough!!! The last year of the relationship and now him and I being separated .. he says we are still together just taking time apart. It hurts and even though he is being great now I can't handle his distance from me and the way it is.. I know I sound like a broken record but good God I've had enough!!! This effects my life so bad :-(

I feel ya chicky...I have moved my life from Boston to Georgia as the result of a not planned pregnancy, after four plus years I have had enough of somebody trying to make me something I am not. We have made a beautiful child together and I will always be there for him. I have been thinking about this for a year now and it kills me to fathom the thought of not being able to have breakfast with my son every morning and read our bedtime stories together every night but when its all said and done I cant stay miserable any longer. I wish you the best with everything and try to keep your head up. Life is ugly and its gonna keep knocking you down, we have to remember to keep getting up and its how we react after getting knocked down that makes us who we are today !
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Seriously, dump him already. He walks all over you. You are being such a pushover = My feelings build up after reading your threads about this for the 110th time... Get rid of him and work on being happy with yourself and your son. He loves you more than you know.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    just break up!
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    Been there, done that.

From 2003-2006, 14 months in Baqubah, Iraq, followed by 10 months home, followed by 13 more months in Baghdad, Iraq.

I came home to my wife (at the time) and her boyfriend.

She's now my ex-wife.

This, too, shall pass.

Ugh, I'm sorry. That's the worst. I'll glad you've moved on. :flowerforyou:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    just break up!
    what took you so long today? \m/ ;-P
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Then don't be... hate to break it to the hopeless romantics out there... but love (real actual love) is a choice... you either love someone or you don't... all the "in love" stuff is just lust and a chemical thing... so if you don't want to lust after someone than avert your attention and stay out of his space.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You deleted my post? :ohwell: Like I said, I wasn't trying to be mean at all, you're just giving off the wrong impressions, I'm trying to make you see that. Plus this is the wrong place to be posting.. I'm sure you could've messaged a friend instead? :indifferent:

I'm sure family and friends are there for support too? If this post is serious I really do hope things work out, don't let it get to you too much. Break ups are indeed horrible, that's where my weight's come from :frown:
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    You keep saying that you don't have any family but you do. Your son. He needs a stable mother who can provide a stable home. Maybe try to focus on that for a while.