I do it on the sly...

Options
karrielynn80
karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
in the lockerroom, when no one is looking....terrified that someone is about to walk it...

How do you do "it" - snap pictures of you amazing muscles after a workout ;) ....

***this post is mostly for girls, b/c guys are clearly not shy about it... i.e., just last wk, my husband & his work out buddy were sitting down waiting from me to get done, i walk out of the locker room to hear his buddy say - "take a pic of my chest..." as he walks over to the pull up bars, directly in front of the mirrors, takes off his shirt & proceeded to "pose" for the picture by doing a pull up. LOL, if a girl did that - even leaving her sports bra on - she'd have the entire gyms attn!!! LOL

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    You might be alone here.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    too awkward for me, i would never take pics in the gym.
  • Carrie3B
    Carrie3B Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken pics at the gym but I told my husband that the next time we go on Sunday morning or during lunch when it's dead, I want him to take a few after I just work out! But yes, I feel cheesy. One of my trainers was working out and he had his girlfriend following him with a camera like the damn paparazzi! Sheesh--he was not embarrassed at all!!
  • dizzydi1968
    Options
    Clothes shop fitting rooms
    They have the best lighting and mirrors for all kinds of shots
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    LOL - my house lighting isn't very good, and I don't have a lot of full size mirrors at my house LOL - but the gym lighting is awesome & has tons of mirrors, so after a good work out - when my muscles are all "blowed up" I like to snap my "progress" pics lol, just do it in the locker room & am always thinking someone will walk in & think i'm vain he he!! ;)
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    in the lockerroom, when no one is looking....terrified that someone is about to walk it...

How do you do "it" - snap pictures of you amazing muscles after a workout ;) ....

***this post is mostly for girls, b/c guys are clearly not shy about it... i.e., just last wk, my husband & his work out buddy were sitting down waiting from me to get done, i walk out of the locker room to hear his buddy say - "take a pic of my chest..." as he walks over to the pull up bars, directly in front of the mirrors, takes off his shirt & proceeded to "pose" for the picture by doing a pull up. LOL, if a girl did that - even leaving her sports bra on - she'd have the entire gyms attn!!! LOL

And then...they kissed.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    YES!! I do it when no one's in the locker room. HA! I don't dare do it when people are there. Only one time did I do it when someone else was in the locker and she gave me the evil eye
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Am I missing something? Why would anyone else care (unless they're jealous)?
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    :noway: My buddy did this to me last Friday. He wanted some "action" shots of him doing our deadlifts sets...So, I have a cool app on my droid that does burst mode shots and my phone cam is HD...so I got a ton of great pics. He wanted them to post on his online dating profile I think...or send to some girl that was sending him skimpy/nude snapshots.

I could likely get a friend to do that for me, but I don't feel I'm quite ready for those poses just yet...I need to get the body fat precentage down more, lol. I will admit that I loved seeing my arms in the mirror again last night on bicep night for the first time in a long time! I was actually surprised!
  • karrielynn80
    Options

And then...they kissed.

There was no kissing going on... not between my hubs & his buddy.....me and the lockerroom mirror.... I didn't check on the girls in the aerobics room tho... they probably were kissing - they are shady as s*&% lol!
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    YES!! I do it when no one's in the locker room. HA! I don't dare do it when people are there. Only one time did I do it when someone else was in the locker and she gave me the evil eye

Well I work out at some busy times - and I know all the ladies there now, I'm always afraid that awkward moment will happen of them walking in while i'm trying to snap a pic....they see me... i know they see me & mentally scramble to figure out if I "act normal" - cuz this is completely legit, or smile cuz i know i just got caught looking at myself LOL!!

glad to know someone else does this tho LOL...
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    Am I missing something? Why would anyone else care (unless they're jealous)?

Oh i doubt they care - it's more my awkwardness about being caught - not that it's gunna stop me LOL, i need progress pics - but i was just curious if anyone else gets that way or if most girls are like most guys & are just like "i'mma take this pic, cuz i DAMN i look good" lol...
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    :noway: My buddy did this to me last Friday. He wanted some "action" shots of him doing our deadlifts sets...So, I have a cool app on my droid that does burst mode shots and my phone cam is HD...so I got a ton of great pics. He wanted them to post on his online dating profile I think...or send to some girl that was sending him skimpy/nude snapshots.

I could likely get a friend to do that for me, but I don't feel I'm quite ready for those poses just yet...I need to get the body fat precentage down more, lol. I will admit that I loved seeing my arms in the mirror again last night on bicep night for the first time in a long time! I was actually surprised!

what's your app?? i have a droid rzr - and for the life of me does anyone know how to do instagram collages??? i heard there was an app, but can't find it... (off topic a bit but...)
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i try to avoid taking pictures of myself at all.

we are all better for it
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I do it at home--no need to be sly.
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Personally, there's (thankfully) a significant difference between post workout pump pics and at rest punier taken at home shots .... sooo I try to coyly snap post workout pics in the locker room mirror after training ... but if someone walks in and thinks me a narcissist ... so be it ... maybe I am a just a little ... I mean isn't EVERYONE on MFP??? at least just a little .... lol ... let 'em talk .... makes me no nevermind!

Now ... if there are guys walking around the locker room in the buff ... my camera stays holstered with my back to the wall ... lolololol
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    Personally, there's (thankfully) a significant difference between post workout pump pics and at rest punier taken at home shots .... sooo I try to coyly snap post workout pics in the locker room mirror after training ... but if someone walks in and thinks me a narcissist ... so be it ... maybe I am a just a little ... I mean isn't EVERYONE on MFP??? at least just a little .... lol ... let 'em talk .... makes me no nevermind!

Now ... if there are guys walking around the locker room in the buff ... my camera stays holstered with my back to the wall ... lolololol

lol!!! i never thought about that - i'd never bust it out while someone was changing... make me think of the 1st fb lockerroom pic i posted - my hubs was like "... my first glimpse into the womens' locker room... drool!" LOL...

edit: that also being said, my gym is pretty modest, the locker room isn't large - so girls don't generally stroll around in the buff either...
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters unless you are in Compton Arkansas. Ever seen the movie wrong turn? lol Kidding :P
  • karrielynn80
    Options
    I don't think it matters unless you are in Compton Arkansas. Ever seen the movie wrong turn? lol Kidding :P

dude!!! it is sooo NOT like that LOL!!!

besides, my gym's in Harrison (which is has it's own stigma! lol)
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    In some states, it is illegal to take pictures in locker rooms. Even if you are taking them of yourself. Privacy laws. My gym has a strict NO CELLPHONE USE in the locker rooms. I don't think I'd feel comfortable with someone taking pictures while I'm in my birthday gear.