Beautiful Blues week of 1/11/10

Options
debnu1
debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
challenge9.JPG

Here is our new chart.

Lets keep up the good work this week. Msh, I think we need another cheer! Go Blue!

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Go , go go!!
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the gym. This is our week Blues! Kickin @$$ and takin names!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Another week in Blue paradise! Let's do it!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I am kicking my own butt. This is my second day at a 45min workout. I was up to 4.5mph running on the treadmill for 6 mins. Then the rest of the 20 mins was fast walking. I then did 15 mins on the wii fit. I figured I would use the treadmill everyday and then the extra 15 mins change it up a little bit. I broke a sweat today well and yesterday. Feels great. I ate half my exercise calories. I have to say it was hard. But if it pays off in the end that is the most important thing.

Maybe tomorrow night I can get my hubby to workout with me I know he feels better and I love working out with him.

WTG Taradise on the BIG weight loss.

Blue this is our week lets do this.
  • Canaday
    Canaday Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for including me in the posting. Go Blue! It's nice to have you guys to hold me accountable. It's exciting.

Staying strong and keeping the faith,
  • MayLan
    Options
    Chrissy- I'm replying to your comment on the previous thread. That's a great challenge to log foods and to stick to the foods logged. I've been doing this and logging my foods the night before. I need to go food shopping this weekend though to get some healthy treats in there so I don't feel deprived. I'm so wanting a snack right now..... but it's way pass my eating time and I'm not hungry.

My goal for this week in addition to that is to get enough water in, and to have less sodium. Yesterday I was very liberal with the salt and boy went overboard. Plus when we buy foods I want to double check the sodium too.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Great job Blue team!! Way to go Leigh!! Awesome job!!

I am doing my own personal Back To Basics challenge this week! B2B I'm calling it!! I've been slacking in all areas, so it's time that I get it together!! Would anyone like to join me?
    For me, my goals are-
    No eating after 8 P.M.
    Completing my food journal everyday & staying within my calorie range.
    Working out for 6 hours this week.
    And finally, drinking my water!

Gotta get er done!!
  • MayLan
    Options
    sanifrey- I'm with you sanifrey! Let's get motivated.
  • MayLan
    Options
    I had 12 cups of water today to flush out all the sodium from yesterday and today. That's 96 oz. Wohoo!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    I had 12 cups of water today to flush out all the sodium from yesterday and today. That's 96 oz. Wohoo!

Great job!! :drinker:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    sanifrey- I'm with you sanifrey! Let's get motivated.

AWESOME!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I'm with you sanifrey. Tonight i have to eat after 8 because I was lazy and didn't get food in on time. I drank over 2 quarts of water. and I have been logging all my food.
  • mrwatson
    Options
    Great job Blue team!! Way to go Leigh!! Awesome job!!

I am doing my own personal Back To Basics challenge this week! B2B I'm calling it!! I've been slacking in all areas, so it's time that I get it together!! Would anyone like to join me?
    For me, my goals are-
    No eating after 8 P.M.
    Completing my food journal everyday & staying within my calorie range.
    Working out for 6 hours this week.
    And finally, drinking my water!

Gotta get er done!!
    Count me in! I have challenged myself to logging in and drinking water for the last 10 days or so. I hope to squeeze more exercise into my week. Thank you for reminding me to stick to the basics.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    B2B sounds great! I don't think I will get the 6 hours of exercise, but I wlll do the rest (considering this is my first week back on the treadmill I am trying to not go overboard!) :flowerforyou:

I am planning my meals for tomorrow. Any great dinner ideas?
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Sorry this is late - had to go work out after work, and then had a meeting. Just got home.

OK, everyone, you know the drill . . . it's a new week and a new beginning . . . cyber team huddle . . . on three . . . GO BLUE!!!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I posted this on another thread yesterday in answer to a friend. Thought you might be interested. So pretend the bottom says Happy Tuesday!
    Mon 01/11/10 05:46 PMQUOTE:

Mary, you will have to tell us your secret for losing 8 pounds so quickly.

There was no real secret, and I probably couldn't do it twice. My theory is that recently added weight comes off faster than the weight that I have allowed to set and ferment. Anyway, the basic rules that I set for myself for the week:
    1) As soon as I got up in the morning (or on the weekend I forced myself to do the night before) I logged all meals and snacks that I planned on. I did not allow myself to eat a bite that was not on my list, unless I had finished my evening meal and only had 1000 calories for the day. Then I could have a small additional snack.
    2) I set a minimum of 45 minutes to work out every day, no days off. I told myself that I had to work out in some fashion for 60 minutes on 3 days.
    3) I did not allow myself to watch tv or sit at the computer for more than a total of 45 minutes each day. I was always up moving around, or cleaning, or anything that required standing up.
    4) I tried to watch my sodium more closely than usual, and aside from one cup of coffee and 1 glass of Trop 50 orange juice in the morning, only drank water and green decaf hot tea.
    5) Even though MFP has my calories set at 1450/day, I held myself at 1200/day, and did not eat more than 10% of my exercise calories for the day, sometimes less.
    6) Every time I thought that I might waver, I reminded myself that my ticker would have to go backwards today to reflect my actual weight. I REALLY didn't want to see those pounds on my ticker! And I didn't want my MFP cyber buddies to see them either!

This worked for me to bust through the Christmas snacking weight. I do not know if it would work for anyone else. By my scale, I lost 8 or 9 pounds this week. We have started a "Time for a Change" program in town, and the first weigh in was last Monday. Today, by their scales, I had lost 10.2 lbs, and they were amazed. My Wii fit said that I lost 13 pounds this week. All were at different times of day with varying amounts of clothing on.

My new motivation? I think maybe, although I have never tried to do it for the money before, I might see if I can do well enough to have a chance at the $250 prize in the Time for a Change program for the biggest loser by late March. I could use the money to buy clothes. Anyway, that's what I will think of for the next week or two. If it appears that I don't have a chance of winning that, I will abandon that thinking as it has the potential to discourage me, and I can't afford that!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday! And - here's to smart choices!!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Mary - great post! Thanks for sharing it here as well! And, oh ya, CONGRATS!! :drinker:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I am in on the B2B challange I have really let you all down with not working out and logging my food. I pledge to my team mates that I will do better and I AM back on th ewagon
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I am in on the B2B challange I have really let you all down with not working out and logging my food. I pledge to my team mates that I will do better and I AM back on th ewagon

You can do it!

Mary - way to go!